Iron Maiden
Killers
Piece Of Mind
None of them

Total votes: 123
16.10.2008 - 17:44
Yossarian

Hi,

First things first: my ghost will haunt at the person who votes for option number 9.

Jokes apart, this band is my ever favourite. And it will be entertaining for you pondering about which album do you like best. This poll came to my mind because in the last 20 years I have thought about which one is my favourite album from these seven and I have not come to a conclussion yet. My favourite songs are both from The Number of the Beast, but there are some tracks that I do not like in the album. I would choose between Piece of Mind, Powerslave or Somewhere in time and I can,t decide.
There is a previous poll about Iron Maiden nineties albums and I have not found something similar for the Golden Age so I am posting here the first part.
16.10.2008 - 17:46
Yossarian

Hi-Hola

I vote for option 8 -All of them- and remember my joke-threat in the original post.

16.10.2008 - 18:10
marillionfan
Account deleted
Easy choice for me, Seventh Son of the Seventh Son is the one I prefer the most. There aren't any weak songs on this album and the epic tiltle song alone makes the album worth checking out IMO, one of the best songs IM ever created.
16.10.2008 - 18:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I cant choose, I like all albums whit Bruce but since ''Nor Prayer ... are my fav album from band I ant choose, but secend my fava re Iron maiden, so I vote for it, realy one of best NWOBHM albums ever
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.10.2008 - 13:44
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
All are masterpieces but i Seventh Son of a Seventh Son is made in heaven:maniac:
17.10.2008 - 17:05
Elio
Red Nightmare
I think Number or Seventh will win, but I choose Iron Maiden, I like it a bit more than Powerslave, Somewhere and Seventh.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
19.10.2008 - 01:46
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
The first two are my favorite, but I can't pick the better one from the two. I'll have to vote later.

The albums with Bruce get a little cheesy at times, even though most are good.

Edit - I voted for Iron Maiden.
19.10.2008 - 01:55
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Damn it is a hard one. It is either Killers or Iron Maiden. For the same reason every MSer's favourite Pyromaniac Leperchaun said. The albums with Bruce do tend to get a little cheesy at times because of his air-raid siren voice.
But after a long thought process I have chosen Killers... it's intro (Ides Of March) just giving it the heads up over Iron Maiden.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.10.2008 - 09:36
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Yeah this is pretty damn hard. i like Iron Maiden, Piece Of Mind, Powerslave and Seventh Son....

i guess Piece of Mind, it's probably their best album besides Seventh Son, not to mention i like all songs(yes, to a degree even Quest For Fire)
19.10.2008 - 10:16
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Powerslave for me. But it's hard, I even think somewhere in time could be up there.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
19.10.2008 - 10:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.10.2008 at 01:55

Damn it is a hard one. It is either Killers or Iron Maiden. For the same reason every MSer's favourite Pyromaniac Leperchaun said. The albums with Bruce do tend to get a little cheesy at times because of his air-raid siren voice.
But after a long thought process I have chosen Killers... it's intro (Ides Of March) just giving it the heads up over Iron Maiden.

IMO Killers are worts album from band, Iron Maiden yes , I like each song there, thats something special and great , but Im bored from Killers after 2 -3 songs
Even how weird was Brice woice, he wrote a lot of good songs ''Trooper'' ''Lolyness Of long Disatnce Runner'' ''Alexander The Great'' ''Flight Of Icarus'' ''Aces Higth''

Those songs lyricaly about those thems what he wrote are best songs IMO, lyricaly

Down in east, Ancient Greece, Macedonia was name
----

apos;'
[image]
19.10.2008 - 10:44
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Bad English on 19.10.2008 at 10:28

you mean "north to the east, in a corner of ancient greece, in an ancient land, called macedonia"
19.10.2008 - 10:47
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Mine would be Seventh Son. One of the few albums in general on which I like every song.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
19.10.2008 - 10:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Valentin B on 19.10.2008 at 10:44

you mean "north to the east, in a corner of ancient greece, in an ancient land, called macedonia"

Yes I just didnt search for lyrics BTW look Iaberis signatur
----

apos;'
[image]
19.10.2008 - 17:01
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Bad English on 19.10.2008 at 10:49

Written by Valentin B on 19.10.2008 at 10:44

Yes I just didnt search for lyrics BTW look Iaberis signatur

Yeah the song should say "in an ancient land called FYROM" ahah
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
28.10.2008 - 01:24
Guib
Thrash Talker
Wow I couldn't vote at all !! So I voted for them all !!!

Its crazy.. how could i decide !!! %$"$ between 7 wonders.

They're all so special... the first 2, ''Iron Maiden'' and ''Killers'' they both got this punky thing behind them.. probly cos of Paul's vocals wich makes them pretty awesome.

And Yeah.. all the others %$!% omg my fav songs of all time.. including, Hallowed be thy name, Trooper, 2 Minutes to midnight, 22 Acadia Avenue, Wasted Years, Still Life, Die With your boots on, Can i play with madness, The Clairvoyant ... ... ...

Too hard
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
21.11.2008 - 21:24
Dragonforce89
Account deleted
None of them Fear of the Dark is the best absolutely and No prayer for the dying one of the best album ever. Mother Russia FTW the best song from Maiden!!!
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son has the worst Maiden song ever and i dont think im gonna like the rest of it the rest is good. TNOTB, Killers and all the older. I think Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son is their worst album.
06.12.2008 - 10:06
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Even if I like an album more than other in the same list, I voted for all of them, because this albums are the main reasons for me to be an Iron Maiden fan, each one is great in its own way.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
06.12.2008 - 11:05
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 21.11.2008 at 21:24

Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son has the worst Maiden song ever...

Most people would disagree here and say that No Prayer For The Dying has the worst Maiden song ever. By far their crappiest song is Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.12.2008 - 11:09
Hellish Star

"Killers" for me, close followed by "The number of the beast" which contains Maiden's best song ever; "Hallowed be thy name"

"Seventh son..." is to me the weakest album of that era...
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
06.12.2008 - 11:29
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.12.2008 at 11:05

Written by Guest on 21.11.2008 at 21:24

Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son has the worst Maiden song ever...

Most people would disagree here and say that No Prayer For The Dying has the worst Maiden song ever. By far their crappiest song is Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter.

Seriously? I love that song, and Seventh Son just can't have any "worst" songs. It's pure perfection. I think some of their worst would come from the last two albums.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
06.12.2008 - 11:38
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Of course I am serious about Bring Your Daughter being their worst song ever
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.12.2008 - 12:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.12.2008 at 11:38

Of course I am serious about Bring Your Daughter being their worst song ever

You're not oly one me to, I dislike song, its cheesy, and whit stupid lyrics , I dont know song from IM all albums, who's make me sleep how Daughter , even Bruve Dickinson ''The Best Of '' where ist diferent verse , its boring
----

apos;'
[image]
06.12.2008 - 14:25
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Seventh Son, definitely. It has some of my favorite songs, Infinite Dreams, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, the Clairvoyant... Well, all of the songs are very special to me on that album, I started listening to metal with that album, no wander i like it so much, and it definitely has some great, weird atmosphere, keyboards may sounds cheesy today, but Ilike them too, except the intro for Moonchild, its a bit too much when you hear it for the 1000th time... Guitars are amazing, especially the harmony between Murray and Smith.... Simply amazing.
----
06.12.2008 - 15:17
Gigginova
Account deleted
I listen to Iron Maiden like once a year
......but I voted "Piece Of Mind"
I was gonna vote for "Number Of The Beast" but I like the songs better on POM.
06.12.2008 - 23:19
Yossarian

Hi all,

please peace people.
I think that it is not that bad bringing daughters to the slaughter. It is far better, or course, running silent or running deep so that the fate does not warn and you become a tailgunner, then an assassin or a public enemy number one in Mother Russia.

Jokes apart, I can't remember exactly what the song is like, but it is not that bad as far as I can remember and I used to prefer that one more than Holy Smoke from the same album. I will check it in two weeks when I go to my parents'. I will also listen "Seventh Son". I feel it is years since I last did.

As regards daughter to the slaughter, the only remembrance I got is the catchy chorus. I agree that the lyrics are cheesy and do not like rock based rythmics, however...there are personal reasons:
The first concert I attended was from the "No prayer" tour at Madrid with Anthrax.
They played this song there and it is one of my most vivid images from the concert. This makes it special for me and hard to criticise it. Dave and Jannick -shit that Adrian was not then- sat in the drum platform and started moving their hanging legs as if children in tall seats. Very funny and very intimate. Bruce and Steve were standing but in a relaxed way, keeping our energies for the next tracks. All my concerns about getting lost with the other teenagers in the big city and having to pay double for the ticket, as it was sold out when we arrived, diminished at that moment.
I will always remember that some stupid "holy smoke" we did at the bus prevented us from taking the right directions when we hit ground.

Steve...bring me your daughter, please...sorry. Joke attempt.

Bye,

Ross
07.12.2008 - 00:38
Warman
Erotic Stains
"Killers" probably. That album still feels original and fresh almost 30 years later. Iron Maiden already set their standard with the first album but with Killers they really showed that there's a little more to this band. "Killers" have "it", THE "IT"! Something about it which makes me come back to it over and over again. Dickinson is a better vocalist but can never sing these songs with the same passion and raw style as Di'Anno did.
----
08.12.2008 - 21:43
GT
Coffee!!
I honestly can't vote right now. It's just too hard to decide. I'll return if I ever make up my mind
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
08.12.2008 - 23:34
Saitenhexerin

I voted for all of them, 'cause I really can not decide between the albums releases from The Number of the Beast until Somewhere IN Time...those 4 Albums are so complete and great; featuring the incredible work on the instruments and Bruce's Voice. Also Iron Maiden and Killers are the apotheosis of the NWOBHM and their energy is still searching for something to compare! However NPFTD seems like a "lukewarm" thing...but I am glad that they have releassed all those great albums before and after - I also like Fear of The Dark after it...actually I like them all, but No Prayer For the Dying is in my opinion indeed the weakest album. So I love them still and I ever will, and I am looking forward to the new album!!
----
- When I die, bury me in smoke.
- Defendress of the Faith.
09.12.2008 - 14:31
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.10.2008 at 01:55

Ohhh Iron Maiden vs Killers! Tough decision indeed, but Iron Maiden takes it. Killers has a few songs i never really got into like 'Murders In The Rue Morgue', 'Prodigal Son' and the last two were not much. It probably has stronger other songs though than the Iron Maiden album. Strange World is the key song for me off Iron Maiden though.

My overall favourite album is 'Somewhere In Time' though. No bad songs with a killer first and last track.