Jugulator2
Turbo1
Ram it down1
Point of Entry0

Total votes: 82

The original post

Posted by Yossarian on 17.10.2008 at 10:51
Hi all,

I have noticed that there is no other poll about Judas albums other than one for favourite seventies album. So here is the poll. I can,t include all albums from 1980 on, because there are many, so I will try to cover their golden age as much as possible.

Page 3 of 3

Angelic Storm
Melodious

29.12.2010 at 21:06
Written by Baz Anderson on 29.12.2010 at 20:03
I think you meant amazing...
Hahaha, ok, maybe not. I think it's great though.

I dunno... the lyrics are outrageously dumb, and the way Rob sings them is so ridiculous. I guess you could say in a way its so bad its good, but...

I do love the solo in that song though. xD
ForeverDarkWoods

29.12.2010 at 23:13
Damn, out of this material deciding between Screaming and Defenders is a tough one. I think I'll go with Screaming for now though. Although the peaks of Defenders are higher, Screaming is a bit more consistently awesome and lacks the snoozefest of Heavy Duty/Defenders of the Faith at the end. Always tends to leave a hint of a bad taste in my mouth at the end of an otherwise completely awesome album, just for the fact that both those tracks seem completely pointless. I think Defenders would probably be better than Screaming if it was more consistently awesome in the way that Screaming is.

The 70s material is where the really good stuff is found though, and the real top 3 albums of Judas Priest would be:

1. Sad Wings of Destiny
2. Stained Class
3. Sin After Sin

I'd also like to add that Ram It Down would probably be better than Painkiller if it was more consistent.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
Angelic Storm
Melodious

29.12.2010 at 23:26
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 29.12.2010 at 23:13
and lacks the snoozefest of Heavy Duty/Defenders of the Faith at the end.

This the exactly the reason why "Defenders.." isn't my top Priest album outside of the 70's material. I chose "Painkiller", because to me, it has no fillers, and "Screaming..." is also consistently stronger. To end such an amazing album with such a dull, crappy song, it just brings it a bit down for me. When I first ever listened to this album, and saw the title track was at the end, I was eagerly anticipating a really awesome song, instead, it was just a stupid chant tacked on at the end of "Heavy Duty", which for me anyways, is already a very boring song. So it just added to the disappointment. The rest of the "Defenders.." album though, is absolutely top-notch stuff. xD
ForeverDarkWoods

30.12.2010 at 00:16
Written by Angelic Storm on 29.12.2010 at 23:26

This the exactly the reason why "Defenders.." isn't my top Priest album outside of the 70's material. I chose "Painkiller", because to me, it has no fillers, and "Screaming..." is also consistently stronger. To end such an amazing album with such a dull, crappy song, it just brings it a bit down for me. When I first ever listened to this album, and saw the title track was at the end, I was eagerly anticipating a really awesome song, instead, it was just a stupid chant tacked on at the end of "Heavy Duty", which for me anyways, is already a very boring song. So it just added to the disappointment. The rest of the "Defenders.." album though, is absolutely top-notch stuff. xD

Yes, Painkiller is a very consistent album, but I actually think Screaming is even more consistent. That album is just awesome from the time the first note starts to the point when the last note fades away. But that doesn't make Painkiller less awesome. The only thing resempling a low point on Painkiller is Living Bad Dreams, and that's still a good song (just not as awesome as some ofthe others). Screaming doesn't have a low point (ok, maybe You Got Another Thing Coming).
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
Angelic Storm
Melodious

30.12.2010 at 00:41
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 30.12.2010 at 00:16
Yes, Painkiller is a very consistent album, but I actually think Screaming is even more consistent. That album is just awesome from the time the first note starts to the point when the last note fades away. But that doesn't make Painkiller less awesome. The only thing resempling a low point on Painkiller is Living Bad Dreams, and that's still a good song (just not as awesome as some ofthe others). Screaming doesn't have a low point (ok, maybe You Got Another Thing Coming).

You shouldnt count "Living Bad Dreams" though, seeing as that is a bonus track that was added to the remaster/re-release of the album. That song isn't part of the original "Painkiller" album.
ForeverDarkWoods

30.12.2010 at 02:35
Written by Angelic Storm on 30.12.2010 at 00:41

Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 30.12.2010 at 00:16

You shouldnt count "Living Bad Dreams" though, seeing as that is a bonus track that was added to the remaster/re-release of the album. That song isn't part of the original "Painkiller" album.

Yeah I know, that's why I said "resembling a low point". It's not actually a low point on the album.
----
Angelic Storm
Melodious

30.12.2010 at 07:20
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 30.12.2010 at 02:35
Yeah I know, that's why I said "resembling a low point". It's not actually a low point on the album.

Sorry, I thought what you meant by that is that it's an okay/average song, not a bad one. lol *blushing*
Ghostdancer

17.05.2011 at 00:13
Screaming for Vengeance...it was the first Judas Priest album I ever owned and I love it from start to finish. I actually like most of the output from this era (maybe not so much with Turbo), but this is my favorite.
----
"Bullshit! You didn't convince me!"
GroundZero

23.05.2011 at 23:15
"Painkiller", "Ram It Down" and "Defenders of the Faith" are my favorite Judas Priest albums.

Painkiller has the best sound quality, I mean, production.
Beastofmetal456
Account deleted
  24.05.2011 at 03:24
Painkiller. The fastest of them all.
Dentura
Shadow King

12.01.2014 at 00:00
My personal favorite is Screaming For Vengeance. I love songs like Fever, Bloodstone, the title track, and You Got Another Thing Coming. It's a great combination of metallic and radio friendly tracks.
----
...And so death to the falsity of thy former rulers. Thy kingdom of "heaven" burns in a field of fire, and Dentura is the one true God thou must yield thy hearts and souls to in absolute submission. It is his ultimate decree and will unto thee..
Azarath

15.01.2014 at 19:38
It's between British Steel and Painkiller... Hmm, it's difficult to compare them but I'm going with British Steel. It's the album I'm more likely to listen to out of the two.

And it has "The Rage", which is one of Priest's best songs.
Silent Jay

16.01.2014 at 04:10
'Painkiller' followed by 'Defenders of the Faith'. How can you fuck with 'The Sentinel' from the latter and the title track of the former?

You just can't.
LLTNF
Account deleted
  16.01.2014 at 14:53
For Judas Priest it's always been a debate for me as to whether Sad Wings Of Destiny or Painkiller is their best but since this thread excludes the 70s it's an easy decision: Painkiller! Majority rules here, definitely.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Login or register to post here.