Jugulator
Turbo
Ram it down
Point of Entry

Total votes: 104
17.10.2008 - 10:51
Yossarian
Hi all,

I have noticed that there is no other poll about Judas albums other than one for favourite seventies album. So here is the poll. I can,t include all albums from 1980 on, because there are many, so I will try to cover their golden age as much as possible.
17.10.2008 - 10:56
Yossarian
Hi again.

My vote goes for Painkiller. It the culmination of their work and one of the masterpieces in the whole metal scene. It has all: technique, savagery, feeling, melody. My second favourite would be Defenders of the Faith. I was thinking of not choosing between these two and vote for "can,t decide". Tracks as Love bites, Jawbreaker and The Sentinel are humming in my brain for the last 20 years.
18.11.2008 - 18:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Cant decide because British Steel, starts JP taht time era, but I own Painkiller and its more hevayer how other albums. There 2-3 good songs in ecah albums, and other songs are lil not so good but still each JP song and album are good, I vote for Painkiller because I like it more how others somehow
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.11.2008 - 19:47
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Best Priest album from the 80s and 90s? hahahahahah, good one.

NO BRAINER ALERT!

Painkiller, it's simply the fastest, heaviest, most over the top slab of metal insanity that has ever graced the ears of innocent heavy metal music fans. the title track is enough to stop a nuclear bomb and turn it 180 degrees.
19.11.2008 - 23:35
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
I voted for Painkiller, of course... What an empty question... Any weirdo out there who wouldn't vote Painkiller?
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
20.11.2008 - 05:26
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I voted for Screaming For Vengeance - it's up there with Sad Wings of Destiny for my favorite Judas Priest album. I'm not a weirdo!
20.11.2008 - 07:13
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
I couldnt pick between Stained Class and Painkiller as my favorites.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
20.11.2008 - 07:27
DrumMachine84
Out of all of them, I would vote Painkiller because of the intensity of all of the songs on the album, plus it was a much darker Priest album, which is a lot truer to their 70's albums than that of the crap found on British Steel. However, I think albums like Screaming for Vengeance and Defenders of the Faith offer a very good song selection as well, with the exception of a a few tunes here and there. But alas, Painkiller it is!
----
I am the voyager, I have tasted pleasures of the flesh and drunk the pleasures of the mind;
-Nevermore; I, Voyager;

20.11.2008 - 07:36
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...i voted for painkiller too, it wouldn't be much surprise if it wins this poll
i agree with K7, there's like 2 or 3 good songs in most albums but painkiller is more than that, i think it's the most heavy album too and their work is amazing...halford's voice is so powerfull...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
22.11.2008 - 13:28
Yossarian
Hi metalstormers,

I agree with you all about the fact that many Judas albums contain some songs not at the same level than the rest of the album and that is the better point for choosing Punkiller, sorry I mean Painkiller.
Regarding the quality of the songs my second best will be "Defenders", but I can,t simply stand "Heavy Duty" or "Eat me alive"
"Screaming" is better in general than "defenders", but it does not contain tracks so marvellous as "The Sentinel", "Jawbreaker" or "Love bites".
Yes , Punkiller is the best for me.
22.11.2008 - 13:56
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by LeChron James on 20.11.2008 at 07:13

then you should pick painkiller, as stained class was released in 78
22.11.2008 - 22:26
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Valentin B on 22.11.2008 at 13:56

Written by LeChron James on 20.11.2008 at 07:13

then you should pick painkiller, as stained class was released in 78

mmm then i guess i have to for the sake of propriety.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
03.01.2009 - 12:08
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
It's the Paaainkiller!!!
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
19.02.2009 - 23:55
Deadpool
I would have to say Painkiller because it has awsome ass songs, British Steel is my close second.
23.02.2009 - 16:53
seely
Account deleted
Painkiller definately!

Was the first Priest album i heard, so it holds an extra significance for me :-)
23.02.2009 - 20:05
Thrashard
Painkiller is A fucking masterpiece no question about it. Start to finish it's amazing in every way!
10.07.2009 - 08:33
gwarscumdog
I like all Judas Priest Rob is my vocal idol but I chose Turbo because they should have at least one vote on all albums they are one of the bands thats keeping metal from dying. Turbo though is my favorite because that album to me gave me the idea of two of my songs I wrote.
10.07.2009 - 20:48
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Opted for "Screaming for Vengeance" out of sentimental reasons. it was my first exposure to them back in the 80's and my bother and i sat there in shock and aw after watching the dude just blow up at the end of the "You've Got Another Thing Coming" video.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
11.07.2009 - 06:52
Derwood
Screaming for Vengeance for me. Painkiller might be stronger over all, but Screaming is a sentimental favourite since it was the album that introduced me to Priest. "Riding on the Wind," "The Hellion/Electric Eye," "You've Got Another Thing Comin'..." An excellent album with only one weak spot ("Chains") as far as I'm concerned.

Turbo is a blight on an otherwise stellar discography. What a god awful pop cheese fest that piece of crap is. Every time I hear "Parental Guidance" I cringe on Rob's behalf. Biggest disappointment in the history of metal. I still can't believe it came form the same band that recorded the masterpiece Sad Wings of Destiny.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
18.07.2009 - 15:35
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
For me it is British Steel...and i dont like Painkiller very much...Screaming for Vengeance is pretty cool too
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

19.07.2009 - 05:41
Numbskull
Written by Derwood on 11.07.2009 at 06:52

Screaming for Vengeance for me. Painkiller might be stronger over all, but Screaming is a sentimental favourite since it was the album that introduced me to Priest. "Riding on the Wind," "The Hellion/Electric Eye," "You've Got Another Thing Comin'..." An excellent album with only one weak spot ("Chains") as far as I'm concerned.

Turbo is a blight on an otherwise stellar discography. What a god awful pop cheese fest that piece of crap is. Every time I hear "Parental Guidance" I cringe on Rob's behalf. Biggest disappointment in the history of metal. I still can't believe it came form the same band that recorded the masterpiece Sad Wings of Destiny.

Hey Derwood - we see eye to eye on this one.
I agree with the 'Screaming for Vengeance', I love that album.
Nice call on the cringe worthy 'Turbo'. I remember my little sister liking that album.
And 'Sad Wings of Destiny' is the finest album ever recorded (IMHO).
19.07.2009 - 12:57
DayFly
Is there any fan of traditional metal other than me who actually dislikes Painkiller?
19.07.2009 - 14:18
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by DayFly on 19.07.2009 at 12:57

Is there any fan of traditional metal other than me who actually dislikes Painkiller?

I dislike it too, and so does Hailsatan.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.07.2009 - 15:39
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
If i count as "traditional metal fan" when linking most of hard rock and heavy metal from 80ties
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

19.07.2009 - 17:26
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.07.2009 at 14:18

You do it just to piss me off
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
19.07.2009 - 17:44
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by BloodTears on 19.07.2009 at 17:26

No, I do it because the truth about Painkiller should finally be told.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.07.2009 - 18:40
VPeter
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.07.2009 at 17:44

Written by BloodTears on 19.07.2009 at 17:26

No, I do it because the truth about Painkiller should finally be told.

That it's an overrated peace of crap and one of the worst Judas Priest albums ever. And it saddens my heart that Painkiller is on 1 now.
19.07.2009 - 22:20
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt

Screaming for Vengeance for me. An excellent album with only one weak spot ("Chains") as far as I'm concerned.

aw that's one of my favorite songs

Is it that you actually don't like Painkiller or is it the fact that it's praised so much that it's ruined it for you? Because it's hard for me to imagine a Judas Priest fan disliking that album, but I will admit there is some filler, and that's why Screaming For Vengeance is better to me.
19.07.2009 - 22:28
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Dangerboner on 19.07.2009 at 22:20

Screaming for Vengeance for me. An excellent album with only one weak spot ("Chains") as far as I'm concerned.

Is it that you actually don't like Painkiller or is it the fact that it's praised so much that it's ruined it for you? Because it's hard for me to imagine a Judas Priest fan disliking that album, but I will admit there is some filler, and that's why Screaming For Vengeance is better to me.

There of course some good songs on it, but in general it is quite iffy cause of the fillers. Though not as bad as Nostrdamus, Turbo, Demolition and Ram It Down. Screaming For Vengeance, Sad Swings Of Destiny, Stained Class, Killing Machine, Defenders Of The Faith, Sin After Sin are all way better to me. Painkiller is to me on a par with Rocka Rolla, Point Of Entry, Jugulator, British Steel and Angel Of Retribution.

So to recap... Painkiller is not totally crap but just a mediocre album that has some very strong tracks on it.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.07.2009 - 22:48
Derwood
Written by Dangerboner on 19.07.2009 at 22:20

Heh, we all like different stuff. Some people actually like Turbo (I can't believe the rating it has here) and I think Nostradamus is a superb album, but I understand why others don't like it.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!