Black Earth
Rise of the Tyrant
All
Stigmata
Can,t choose

Total votes: 46
17.10.2008 - 14:26
Yossarian

Hi, another topic that needed to be created. They have evolved during their career and some albums some quite different than the others. Here is the chance to see which alternative you have enjoyed more.
My vote is for Wages of Sin, because it has the perfect balance between melody, savagery and technique from them all. Burning Bridges and Doomsday machine are my second to best.
17.10.2008 - 14:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I dunno , because band is overated I like moustly albums whit male vocalist, so its werry early albums, even I dont lsoiten band so much, I havnt listen some albums 2 years so ... its not my band, but sometimes I enjoy those whit male vocals
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.10.2008 - 20:42
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Wages of Sin. There appears to be so much hate towards this band lately. Well, I still like their albums, especially their latest albums.
But I can listen to Doomsday or Rise of the Tyrant and enjoy those albums.

But in comparison, Wages of Sin wins because it is so much better.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
18.10.2008 - 21:50
Gigginova
Account deleted
Wages Of Sin!!! Most definately! It's just a damn good sound!
It's also the album that turned me onto the band, and I still think it's their best, I can remember being 14 when i first got it and being just totally in love with it.

I hate their material with the male vocalist
18.10.2008 - 23:15
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Burning Bridges is the best.. i prefer the male vocalist, Angela's voice is good, but not in that style. BB has exellent songs like Pilgrim and Silverwing, and the a very cool cover art.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
19.10.2008 - 02:32
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Ehhhh I don't know. I haven't listened to them in forever so they aren't too fresh in my memory. Burning Bridges is their best album, but it's too damn short and that annoys me. Wages of Sin was my first Arch Enemy album and it has some of my favorite songs, including the special edition bonus song, but there's a few songs that just fucking blow. I think I'll vote for Burning Bridges.
19.10.2008 - 16:45
HellHammer
Account deleted
Wages Of Sin hands down for me. The songs are aggressive and very catchy. It has some nice guitarwork on it also. The other albums are not bad, but they only contain few songs that I really like.
19.10.2008 - 18:00
Dark Blood
The Avenger
I'm voting Anthems of Rebellion. It has some of my favourite Arch songs like We Will Rise, Silent Wars and of course Dead Eyes See No Future. The last album, Rise of the Tyrant was also pretty impressive to me. But not as good as Wages or Anthems.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
03.02.2009 - 14:24
Yossarian

Hi,

I thought this poll would be kinda interesting, but nobody is replying. IMO I like very much Wages and Burning Bridges, then Doomsday and Tyrant, so I am a bit surprised that these last two albums have not received any votes yet. Besides, I do not like "Anthems" very much and I noticed that it is ranked third at this poll. Well, I know that I got peculiar tastes -well everybody has. We are individuals-, but doesn't anybody here like their last two albums?
06.02.2009 - 15:09
Ascendant187

I voted for Black Earth. That album, to me, is a hell of a lot of fun. Really good catchy melodeath. If I hadn't voted for Black Earth I would've voted for Wages of Sin.
06.02.2009 - 16:09
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Ascendant187 on 06.02.2009 at 15:09

I voted for Black Earth. That album, to me, is a hell of a lot of fun. Really good catchy melodeath. If I hadn't voted for Black Earth I would've voted for Wages of Sin.

I prefer Burning Bridges over Black Earth but I prefer Black Earth over Stigmata. But all of them are pretty close in terms of quality, I feel.
----

My Instagram
07.02.2009 - 04:24
Satanus

I listened 2 Arch Enemy with the female vocal , Angela Gossow , and i like it so much , but the most important member in this band is Michael Amott , he's really awesome .
08.02.2009 - 21:08
Fhuesc

Wages of Sin, it was the first time i heard a woman sing like that and it was awesome, it still is, but now i'm get used to. I feel that the songs have more energy than their next releases.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
08.02.2009 - 22:39
ForeverDarkWoods

I vote Stigmata. Why? It's the best. There's no other reason. Black Earth is a close second. This was before they turned to shit.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
23.02.2009 - 21:54
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Rise Of The Tyrant, no particular reason, I just like it best... What I could say about it is the vocals are better than on any other album featuring Angela.
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
25.02.2009 - 23:32
Dominus
The Shooter
Anthems of Rebellion
02.03.2009 - 23:01
MR.BUCKETHEAD
Account deleted
I voted for AOR but I actually think its a 3-way tie

1. Anthems of Rebellion, Rise of the Tyrant, Wages of Sin
2. Burning Bridges
3. Doomsday Machine
4. Black Earth
5. Stigmata
02.03.2009 - 23:33
Abattoir

Well they have released some very good albums, but I would probably choose between Wages Of Sin or Anthems Of Rebellion. Most of the songs on these two albums sounds great to me and are quite good performanced in live too.
04.03.2009 - 14:30
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Actually I think they should play more Anthems of Rebellion songs live, but they have so many albums by now, it's anyone's guess.
----

My Instagram
05.03.2009 - 01:24
ForeverDarkWoods

Did I mention I really don't like Angela Gossow? Well, I don't. She's terrible and the only reason she's so damn hyped is she's a girl. I don't care if she's a girl and that's rare and stuff, she still doesn't sound any good. I've heard a bunch of girls do better a lot growls than she does (for an example see the Swedish band Dracena or even the Greek band Astarte).

They were SOOOOO much better with Johan Axelsson..... Such a waste that they turned to shit with Gossow on vocals (when she joined IMO basically marks when they turned to crap).
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
05.03.2009 - 02:20
Luros

Could you explain, why do most of you choose WoS? I can't understand, cause the songs there are dull for me, and choruses seem to be identical through the whole album.

I can't choose, which is better, but I wouldn't give WoS the fir st prize.
----
Freedom of Choice is what you've got...
Freedom from Choice is what you want...
04.06.2009 - 11:55
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Luros on 05.03.2009 at 02:20

Could you explain, why do most of you choose WoS? I can't understand, cause the songs there are dull for me, and choruses seem to be identical through the whole album.

I can't choose, which is better, but I wouldn't give WoS the fir st prize.

which one you think is better than wages of sin and why??? imo it is the best cause in all the others i find songs that i don't like. on WOS i like almost all songs, also nice production and melodies...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
03.04.2011 - 23:49
blacktooth85

Wages of Sin
03.04.2011 - 23:58
Yasmine

Burning Bridges for me!
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
26.06.2011 - 20:22
JD
Account deleted
Am goin with "Doomsday Machine" since its the only album i've listened to, and am not interested in this band anymore.