Metal Storm logo
Manowar - Magic Circle Festival Volume II DVD

Official press release:

July 9-12, 2008 - In celebration of the 20th anniversary of their legendary album, "Kings Of Metal" Manowar had attendance of over 35,000 metal warriors during the greatest 4 days of heavy metal mayhem ever.

On November 27, 2008, you can experience the excitement and exhilaration of every fan in attendance as Magic Circle Music brings you the "Magic Circle Festival Volume 2 DVD" [cover]. Featuring 2 discs packed with never-before-seen footage of songs from the first six Manowar albums - including some songs that have never been performed or presented on CD or DVD before - this DVD set is truly a historic package. This is the first opportunity to get songs like "Blow Your Speakers", "Death Tone", "Pleasure Slave", "Violence and Bloodshed" and "Kingdom Come" on DVD. This DVD also includes the first-ever live performance of Manowar's epic "The Crown and the Ring".

The "Magic Circle Festival Volume 2 DVD" also includes exclusive footage of Manowar's record-breaking sound check, an exclusive backstage tour with Joey DeMaio, footage from the festival's battle of the bands, fan interviews and footage from the festival performances by HolyHell, MetalForce, Jack Starr's Burning Star, Titanium Black, K.O.B.U.S. and more. In addition to festival footage, the DVD will also include exclusive rare and never before seen video footage from Manowar's personal archive detailing the band's early days, including early tour footage, recording sessions, interviews, stories and "making-of" footage surrounding each of the legendary first six Manowar albums.

The DVD set will also include exclusive footage of Manowar's unprecedented record-breaking 5-hour and 10 minute show in Kavarna, Bulgaria, a documentary of the Bulgaria performance and Manowar performing the Bulgarian national anthem - "Mila Rodino" - with full orchestra and choir.

The DVD set was mixed by Grammy nominee Rich Breen in full 5.1 surround sound and will be available in a special-edition package. The special limited-edition package is available for pre-order at "The Kingdom of Steel" online store and comes complete with a unique steel book case and a 32-page booklet. An even more limited autographed edition of 100 serial-numbered copies is also available and can be personalized to each fan by Manowar themselves.
For more information, please visit http://www.manowar.com and http://www.magiccirclemusic.com.

DVD1

01. The Fight For True Metal
02. The Making Of Battle Hymns
03. Manowar
04. Fast Taker
05. Shell Shock
06. Death Tone
07. The Making Of Into Glory Ride
08. Hatred
09. Revelation (Death's Angel)
10. The Making Of Hail To England
11. Black Arrows Of Doom
12. Hail To England
13. Die With Honor
14. Warriors Of The World United
15. The Making Of Sign Of The Hammer
16. All Men Play On Ten
17. God Of Thunderpick
18. Animals
19. The Making Of Fighting The World
20. Blow Your Speakers
21. Violence And Bloodshed
22. Defender
23. Drums Of Doom And Destruction
24. The Making Of Kings Of Metal
25. Blood Of The Kings
26. How To Marry A Metal Man
27. Pleasure Slave
28. Kingdom Come
29. The Crown And The Ring (Lament Of The Kings)
30. Bridge Of Death

Bonus Section From Bulgaria

31. Mila Rodino
32. The Crown And The Ring (Lament Of The Kings)

DVD2

Festival Bands

01. Cassock - Bitch
02. Sixth Sense - Rasputin
03. K.O.B.U.S. - Amen
04. Titanium Black - Stripped
05. Jack Starr's Burning Starr - Evil Never Sleeps
06. MetalForce - Freedom Warriors
07. MetalForce - Metal Law
08. HolyHell - Dream On
09. HolyHell - Prophecy

Bonus Section

10. Lighting The Eternal Flame Of Metal
11. Breaking The World Record Again
12. Fire And Faith
13. Battle Of The Bands
14. Backstage Tour
15. The City Of Steel
16. Autograph Session
17. Words Of The Metal Warriors
18. The Son Of Odin Sings
19. 5 Hours Of Power
20. Bulgarian Speeches
21. German Speeches

Source: magiccirclefestival.com
Band profile: Manowar
Posted: 17.10.2008 by ArtiA

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   Visited by: 77 users
17.10.2008 - 16:13
Judas
The Amputator
Wow, ANOTHER Manowar DVD? As much as I love Manowar, this is getting yawn-worthy.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
17.10.2008 - 16:20
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Never miss a chance to earn some money.
Heard them be called "MoneYwar" more than once.

The thing with Manowar is that you can never be sure if they do it for their fans or just for profit. I find myself struggling with whether to take their emphasis on being a fan-band serious or not. But they do have very loyal fans. And what else can a band wish for?
----
17.10.2008 - 17:05
Hyvaarin

I swear to god these fucking clowns release a DVD for every concert they do. The Ultimate Power (or whatever it was called - the one where they got EVERYONE on stage for Battle Humn) was fucking sweet, this shit is unnecessary and a transparent money-grab. Pass.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
17.10.2008 - 21:41
Thryce
Retired Staff
...and pretty soon Manowar will be the first band who has more live DVD's than actual studio recorded material or anything else. And then we'll all have a good laugh at Manowar's expense... and eventually will move on, because - seriously - who cares about another Manowar DVD?
----
Your favorite band sucks.
17.10.2008 - 21:53
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Thryce on 17.10.2008 at 21:41

...because - seriously - who cares about another Manowar DVD?

Manowar and their fanboys.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.10.2008 - 22:23
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.10.2008 at 21:53

you mean the Manowar's LEGION? im sure they have some lameass name for their fanbase. like ManoWarriors or some bullshit like that.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
17.10.2008 - 22:27
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by LeChron James on 17.10.2008 at 22:23

you mean the Manowar's LEGION? im sure they have some lameass name for their fanbase. like ManoWarriors or some bullshit like that.

If I remember correctly (but due to my age my brain functions could have fucked with me) their fan are called Metal Warriors mwahahahaand of course their slogan is Wimps and posers, leave the hall somehow they don't get the fact that Manowar are the biggest posers around.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.10.2008 - 22:33
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.10.2008 at 22:27

Written by LeChron James on 17.10.2008 at 22:23

If I remember correctly (but due to my age my brain functions could have fucked with me) their fan are called Metal Warriors mwahahahaand of course their slogan is Wimps and posers, leave the hall somehow they don't get the fact that Manowar are the biggest posers around.

wow i didnt even know a lamer title than ManoWarriors could be attained, but yet, somehow, Manowar manages to jack it up with METAL WARRIORS? what? and double props for the lamest slogan ever. EVER.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
17.10.2008 - 23:16
Gigginova
Account deleted
YESSSS!
lol, "The Fight For True Metal"
18.10.2008 - 18:41
Varegan
Hamranakara
Another funny manowar dvd, I cant wait to see Bonus Section part
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
18.10.2008 - 18:54
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 17.10.2008 at 23:16

YESSSS!

Just a shame that Manowar plays false metal
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.10.2008 - 20:01
Gigginova
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.10.2008 at 18:54

Written by Guest on 17.10.2008 at 23:16

YESSSS!

Just a shame that Manowar plays false metal

Though, not quite as shameful as supposed metal fans making incredibly absurd and feebleminded remarks such as that one.
22.10.2008 - 00:49
Mother_North

I am a manowar fan but come on... more studio albuns and less live dvds!!!!
Proud to be part of the Manowar's crowd!!!!
----
"i still can't imagine any of them dead. They live on; they are fixed on that far-off region called childhood, were nothing ever dies, not even oneself."
22.10.2008 - 11:48
Nimlot
A. Reader
I am a big Manowar fan and the main reason I'm interested in this DVD is because I'm Bulgarian and I also was at the 5 hour show , so I find it to be a a really nice reminder of a treat time ... plus I don't have any of their DVDs

Hits total: 8171 | This month: 6