05. Lumina
06. Into The Maze
07. Ethereal Drift
08. Chrysalis
09. A-Mazing Grace (Part I)
10. A-Mazing Grace (Part II)
11. Patterns
12. Them Changes

After their excellent EP, "First Step To The Source", believe me that I was waiting for the first album of the French combo Beyon-D-Lusion. After some delays, I finally have it in my hands and if I was already sure of the quality of the music of the band, I have now the confirmation that Beyon-D-Lusion is a great and promising band. All the fans of the Atmospheric and Gothic scene will have to check this release.

First I will fix an important point, yes Beyon-D-Luison is a new fronted female singer band, that's right. However, in any case they chose to follow the trend of all those Nightwish clones (there is no musical similarity) and even if they have a female singer, it will be even impossible for you to find a picture of Alexandra in the booklet (and no, it's not her on the cover ). I had to fix this point because I think that it is important to tell you that we're not in front of a band that will "use" the image of its singer to catch your attention and I hope that some of you will be happy to hear it.

But let's talk about the music now. If you already know the EP, you must know that Beyon-D-Lusion, are definitely better on this album. Actually, it's even impressive to see how they're improving. Always with a lot of variations (you'll find ballads like heavy songs), with electronic melodies but also oriental ambiances, the twelve atmospheric tracks of "Intuispection" are strong, the lyrics are good and we have a lot of potentials hits, like "Binary Me", "Ethereal Drift" or "Sweet Surrender" on the release. This is the strong point of Beyon-D-Lusion, they apparently know how to produce catchy songs which don't sound commercial and that's nice.

But a band is nothing without good musicians. Beyon-D-Lusion, is composed of young artists but let me tell you that they will probably impress you in reason of their professionalism. So ok, Mehdi Khadouj main compositor of the band and keyboardist of Furia is not a newcomer but who was able to believe in the quality of the three others? The original voice of the singer Alexandra Bernard is simply excellent and its purity doesn't suffer of any comparison with the best singers of the international Metal scene. If you don't believe me, and if you're not looking for something "symphonic", I just think that you should simply try to find and listen to "Intusipection".

No photo, "Intusipection" is one of the best Atmospheric and Gothic releases of the French Metal scene of the year 2005 and I'm sure that we will hear a lot of good thing about them soon or later. Don't miss this release and support this young band!!!

Written by Jeff | 11.01.2006

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 5 users
17.10.2008 - 21:44
Thordelan

Discovered them recently and I'm liking the album a lot, hope they release another one. It reminds of Samael at some points because of the electronic and oriental bits.

Anyway, Alexandra's voice is really great, the mix between her voice and the male voice on a couple songs is even better.

Hits total: 3008 | This month: 8