Metal Storm logo
Favourite Blind Guardian album

Poll

Which is your favourite Blind Guardian album?

Imaginations From The Other Side
REALLY HARD CHOICE...CAN´T DECIDE
A Night At The Opera
Somewhere Far Beyond
Nightfall In Middle-Earth
A Twist In The Myth
Tales From The Twilight World
Battalions Of Fear
Follow The Blind

Total votes: 37
20.10.2008 - 17:05
Yossarian
Hi all,

We are so out of work in my department nowadays that I can,t imagine a better choice to complete my 9 to 6 hours.

Well, which album would u choose from the complete BG discography as your favourite. Please take into account just your like, not significance and-or further influence in the whole metal scene afterwards or in the band itself.
20.10.2008 - 17:09
Yossarian
My vote had to go for Really hard choice. I really wanted to write "fucking" instead of "hard" because it is really the word for it.

I can,t decide between Tales, Somewhere, Imaginations and Nighfall, all of them great masterpieces. I do not like very much A Night At The Opera, I do not like A Twist In The Myth and I grew up with Follow The Blind and Battalions Of Fear so even if these last two are not my favourite ones, I know them far better than their golden age -golden age in my sole opinion- from 1990 to 1998
20.10.2008 - 18:32
Yossarian
I have just remember some songs I thought were from Tales and they are from Battalions such as Majesty and Wizard Crown...so I add Battalions to the other 4 albums from which I can,t decide.
20.10.2008 - 19:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
REALLY HARD CHOICE...CAN´T DECIDE
I like almoust all albums till and inclued Nightfall, but mously firts 3 are those what Im listening moe how others so, cant decide
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.10.2008 - 19:08
Abattoir
Staff
I'm also in doubts, so I couldn't realy decide only for the one.

I'll just say which are my favourite ones: Nightfall In..., Somewhere Far Beyond, Imagintions Through..., A Night At The Opera.
20.10.2008 - 23:12
Hrothdane
I really like all their albums, but I just like Imaginations a tiny bit more than the others
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
21.10.2008 - 02:26
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
From what I've heard, I only really like the first two albums, before they got too crazy with the Harry Potter/My Little Pony fairytales. But uuuhhhh it's hard to choose because they both are so good, but I think I'll vote for Battalions of Fear. It's hard to explain, but I guess it's just slightly more lively than Follow the Blind.
22.10.2008 - 12:37
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!

i just love every song
----
Stay Metal !!!
16.10.2011 - 06:18
Void Eater
Account deleted
Imagination's is the perfect blend of the aggressive speed metal of their early albums, the folk touch of Somwhere Far Beyond, and the over the top nature/catchiness that would become more prevelant on Nightfall.
16.10.2011 - 07:28
king_matt
Written by Dreamwar_86 on 22.10.2008 at 12:37

i just love every song

This, but I haven't heard all their albums so I'll hold my vote until I do.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
23.02.2012 - 18:29
Codera the Great
Account deleted
Night at the Opera, to me, it's their most ambitious release, featuring the almighty choirs, progressive structures, and lyrics about religious conflict, science, romance, and the Trojan War. And Then There Was Silence also claims the title of being my fave BG song.
15.06.2012 - 10:35
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I agree with Codera the Great (who probably won't get this message), A Night at the Opera is just epic!
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
16.06.2012 - 07:10
Stabby
Account deleted
It is definitely A Twist In The Myth. This is a rare choice, I know, and I can't really explain it except that it probably has to do with experiences while listening to it, or around the time it came out. And it was the first Blind Guardian release after I had become a fan. I was blown away by the fact that they could innovate and keep the quality high.

My all time favorite songs of theirs are on other albums. But as for full albums, ATITM is one that resonated with me the most. It has a depth to it for me.