Metal Storm logo
Favourite Dimmu Borgir album

Original post

Posted by Yossarian, 21.10.2008 - 11:29
Hi all,

This great band have provided a pretty freshness in the metal style mixing perfectly brutalism and melody. I have not found any other band in which the keyboards sound so "metallic".

I am creating all these polls mostly following the amount of fans that all these bands have in this web.

Poll

Which is your favourite Dimmu Borgir album?

Enthrone Darkness Triumphant
Stormblåst
Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia
Spiritual Black Dimensions
Death Cult Armageddon
For All Tid
In Sorte Diaboli
PLEASE DO NOT MAKE ME DECIDE, BOLLOCKS!

Total votes: 92
08.09.2012 - 17:33
Malphas

What surprises me here is how far down the list Spiritual Black Dimensions is....for me it would a head to head race between that one and Enthrone Darkness Triumphant
----
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
20.09.2012 - 20:32
Dave FC

Written by Malphas on 08.09.2012 at 17:33

What surprises me here is how far down the list Spiritual Black Dimensions is....for me it would a head to head race between that one and Enthrone Darkness Triumphant

totally agree. is my favorite album
20.09.2012 - 21:34
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Dave FC on 20.09.2012 at 20:32

Written by Malphas on 08.09.2012 at 17:33

totally agree. is my favorite album

Just added my vote to that one Best Dimmu line-up for me.
04.10.2012 - 00:20
Citizen inSane

Enthrone Darkness Triumphant. Mostly because the orchestrations are still mostly away.
01.12.2012 - 06:01
Ekim Reklaw

In Sorte Diaboli was my first BM album ever. Granted, it technically fits into the category of Symphonic Black Metal, but it still is BM none the less. I don't quite understand why it is so close to the bottom of the standings. I feel it is their best, but if not their best it should at least be in the top 4. Does anyone else think so?
11.01.2013 - 17:53
Yossarian

Written by Ekim Reklaw on 01.12.2012 at 06:01

In Sorte Diaboli was my first BM album ever. Granted, it technically fits into the category of Symphonic Black Metal, but it still is BM none the less. I don't quite understand why it is so close to the bottom of the standings. I feel it is their best, but if not their best it should at least be in the top 4. Does anyone else think so?

I agree with you, man. I like more another ones of them, but I have a special liking for this one.

Cheers.
11.01.2013 - 21:40
Ekim Reklaw

Written by Yossarian on 11.01.2013 at 17:53

I agree with you, man. I like more another ones of them, but I have a special liking for this one.

Cheers.

Thank you kind sir. How do you feel about the transition from In Sorte Diaboli to Abrahadabra?
11.01.2013 - 21:54
Yossarian

Written by Ekim Reklaw on 11.01.2013 at 21:40

Written by Yossarian on 11.01.2013 at 17:53

Cheers.

Thank you kind sir. How do you feel about the transition from In Sorte Diaboli to Abrahadabra?

People change, likings change and their music does as well so I am o.k. with it as long as not change so much as RockAllica, i mean Metallica. hehe

Cheers
13.01.2013 - 04:38
Ekim Reklaw

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Written by Lustful Maid on 11.01.2013 at 22:03

In my humble opinion, Sorte Diaboli is their only masterpiece in their career so far.
As for why it is at the bottom ? I dont know what chart did you refer ? Not many charts are reliable as all albums are rated by different listeners with their "own preferance", are they following the same musical standards ? No.
To remind you, Sorte Diaboli breaks the record becaming the only most sellable Black Metal album in Norway ! Cheers. So it is not really considered an underrated album in some ways.

..How do you feel about the transition from In Sorte Diaboli to Abrahadabra?

From a masterpiece to APOS !

I'd agree that it is a drop in quality but it's still a decent album. Definitley worth the buy.
16.01.2013 - 01:45
BlueHeart

My favorite would have to be Stormblast. It has amazing melodies. I love all of their stuff though.
18.01.2013 - 08:48
robbyAGONY

My favorite has always been Enthrone Darkness Triumphant, but Stormblast and Death Cult are pretty great as well, in my opinion.
21.01.2013 - 02:45
squidrick420

I had to go with For All Tid. I guess thats just more my style, i like some of the later albums but i feel that after Spiritual Black Dimensions they started to become more commercially oriented and i lost interest (though i enjoy the symphonic arrangements).
05.02.2013 - 02:56
Seita
Account deleted
Had to go with Stormblåst although I enjoy everything the band has done immensely. Stormblåst has a very special, unique, almost romantic atmosphere and it's unlike any other album I've ever heard really so I figured that'd be the one to go with. Spiritual Black Dimensions, Death Cult Armageddon and Abrahadabra would be my runner-ups.
05.02.2013 - 03:27
ANGEL REAPER

I'll repeat : For All Tid ... goddamn masterpiece....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
05.02.2013 - 03:55
Seita
Account deleted
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 05.02.2013 at 03:27

I'll repeat : For All Tid ... goddamn masterpiece....

Agreed, For All Tid, like Stormblåst, is a very unique and special album. The early Dimmu Borgir material has such an incredible atmosphere, it's really unlike anything else I have ever heard. There's a certain medieval, almost fantasy-like melancholy to it, truly masterful stuff.
06.02.2013 - 04:04
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Their debut is their best without an ounce of doubt. All of their other albums either suck or are below average.
07.02.2013 - 12:36
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Alex F on 06.02.2013 at 04:04

Their debut is their best without an ounce of doubt. All of their other albums either suck or are below average.

The first two albums are ok but lack refinement. Enthrone Darkness Triumphant to me is where they peaked. For reasons such as this:

07.02.2013 - 14:30
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by Guest on 07.02.2013 at 12:36

The first two albums are ok but lack refinement. Enthrone Darkness Triumphant to me is where they peaked. For reasons such as this:

Everytime I sit down to listen to that album I feel like it's made up entirely of either really awesome parts or really shit parts. Unfortunately the shit parts overtake the sparse good parts and make it a painful listen.
07.02.2013 - 20:40
ANGEL REAPER

Written by Guest on 07.02.2013 at 12:36

Written by Alex F on 06.02.2013 at 04:04

yes that is one fine song but half of that album are just generic "a la Marduk" fast tempo straight forward average fillers ... i like that album but first two >> EDT
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
28.03.2013 - 14:03
Metal_Elle

Stormblast of course, even Death Cult Armageddon is not bad at all.