Metal Storm logo
Witchery

22.10.2008 - 20:47
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Damn nice thrash metal band from Sweden, they made an EXCELLENT completely over the top(fuck yeah) cover of Priest's 'Riding on The Wind' which sparked some interest in this band for me, they sound like venom only with a more polished sound and a vocalist that sounds like UDO gone black metal lol. their cover of Neon Knights is good too, their guitar tone is very full and IN YOUR FACE.
22.10.2008 - 21:02
Sunioj
This is one of my favorite thrash/speed/whateva bands in this genre. Dead, Hot, and Ready is just a killer album. Restless and Dead is also good, but not as aggressive imo as the aforementioned album. Symphony for the dead has some standout songs too, but some filler tbh.

Though I was pretty disappointed with the new album. It seemed too watered down and uninspired.

Otherwise a great band altogether. Recommended...
23.10.2008 - 02:13
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I prefer my thrash with clean vocals, but Restless & Dead is still pretty enjoyable.
23.10.2008 - 09:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I agree I know firts album and its awesome, maybe I had hera others domt know, but firts was awesome, realy great band
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.10.2008 - 07:28
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
I had the pleasure to see these guys on their "Symphony For The Devil" tour many years ago here in the US, and what a hell of a show. Just a great stage presence, a setlist to rival anyone's, and smart use of nonvocal tracks to add energy and anticipation for the following songs.

I had no clue about the "W" that Witchery obviously was regularly using as their version of devil horns during a show, but it while it's cheesy, the band made it seem almost classy, if that makes sense.

I really love their first to albums most, but like Sunioj, it seems the band didn't hit the mark fully on their 2006 disc. I still highly recommend the "Symphony For The Devil" disc alot, though it isn't as raw as the band's pre-2000 discs were. Honestly, I don't think the band had a bad song until their '06 release, which is really difficult for any band to pull off!

Unfortunately so many of their original Necropolis releases were out of print so long that none of my younger friends care about the band, because they just didn't hear them when they needed to, and it seems the band's time has faded a bit into the background. Still, I recommend them to anyone who's looking for thrash that's raspy and has killer lyrics about anything related to graveyards and the like
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
27.10.2008 - 10:53
TheVonBraun
Account deleted
Sorry. not a fan. i heard a few of their songs the other day-- they did not win me over. a bit rough around the edges, even for a d metal band.
18.11.2008 - 14:20
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Man, Witchery HAS to make a cover of Rainbow's Kill the King
19.11.2008 - 07:40
mortjoyeux
I'm kinda feeling neutral towards them.
I prefer my thrash to be have kinda clean vocals, but I enjoy their riffs quite a bit.
19.11.2008 - 15:29
Richard
Elite
Witchery were rather active and prolific to begin with - they said in an early interview that they were planning to do 2-3 releases every year! Of course, that didn't last for long.. but their first 3 releases, Restless and Dead, Witchburner EP and Dead Hot and Ready came out quite soon after each other. They were hyped to be the next big thing in Thrash a'la The Haunted, but it doesn't seem like Witchery were able to sustain that level of interest. Good band though, I have their first 4 releases.. maybe they'll turn out to be collectors items if they're out of print now..!
----
19.11.2008 - 15:46
FOOCK Nam
Loving their Judas cover.