Metal Storm logo
Testament - Recruit Guitarist For Upcoming Mexico Tour

Testament have recruited guitarist Glen Drover (ex-Megadeth, King Diamond) to fill in for Alex Skolnick on their upcoming Mexican tour dates with Judas Priest.

Due to Alex's prior commitment to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, the band sought out Glen Drover to fill in. The band rehearsed together all week and sounds sharper than ever!

Glen Drover says, "I am really looking forward to playing these four upcoming shows in Mexico with my buddies in Testament, along with Judas Priest. We are totally going to crush!"

Guitarist Alex Skolnick commented on his (temporary) replacement: "I regret that I'll be unable to perform at Testament's upcoming shows in Mexico this month. As many know, I've been touring with Trans-Siberian Orchestra since 2000, and it's been a blessing to be a part of both projects since reuniting with Testament in '05. I respect the Testament guys' decision to accept some gigs during this period, and I'm super happy to have Glen Drover filling in for me. I recommended him personally, respect his playing and know he'll do a great job. I apologize to any Testament fans for not being able to make it this time around but we have a lot of shows lined up in 2009 so far, all of which I'm on. Thanks for understanding, and I look forward to seeing everyone all over the world with Testament in 2009!"

Eric Peterson (guitarist) commented: "I've known Glen since he played with King Diamond, and if anyone can jump in, Glen can. Plus, Alex is happy with our choice."

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Testament
Posted: 23.10.2008 by SlaytallicA

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 122 users
23.10.2008 - 04:36
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Watch, Glen Drover is gonna become the next HellHammer with all his band joinings. or Jorg Michael. or Paul Bostaph (otherwise known as the most replaced musician ever).
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
23.10.2008 - 08:05
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Oh, I really wanted to see Alex, well maybe in a distant future *Back to the Future theme song please.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
23.10.2008 - 13:15
Marfere

Both Alex and Glen are great with the guitar! So Mexicans don't loose that much.
23.10.2008 - 14:01
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Glen was the guy that played on Deth's United Abominations album right?
----
THRASH!!!
23.10.2008 - 14:14
Thryce
Retired Staff
Written by DrunkenFuck on 23.10.2008 at 14:01

Yes he was.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
27.10.2008 - 00:55
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Written by Thryce on 23.10.2008 at 14:14

Written by DrunkenFuck on 23.10.2008 at 14:01

Yes he was.

That's awesome.
----
THRASH!!!
10.11.2008 - 08:16
Wakanaboo

Written by LeChron James on 23.10.2008 at 04:36

Watch, Glen Drover is gonna become the next HellHammer with all his band joinings. or Jorg Michael. or Paul Bostaph (otherwise known as the most replaced musician ever).

ROFL XD very true.
----
_bleh!_
10.11.2008 - 08:17
Wakanaboo

But skol is skol, he will be missed at the gigs.
----
_bleh!_
11.11.2008 - 00:23
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Wakanaboo on 10.11.2008 at 08:16

Written by LeChron James on 23.10.2008 at 04:36

ROFL XD very true.

dude Jorg Michael has the funniest name. and his picture on this site makes him look like a mandiva LOLZ
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.

Hits total: 3180 | This month: 6