Metal Storm logo
Zimmers Hole - To Drop Off Soilwork European Tour

According to a posting on the band's MySpace, Zimmers Hole is no longer a part of the upcoming European Tour with Soilwork, as drummer Gene Hoglan has suffered a death in his family.

"From our hearts, we send Gene and the entire Hoglan family all of our love, and deepest condolences at this difficult time. The Hoglan family is the "first family of metal", and we are all deeply saddened.", commented the band.

Also, bassist Byron Stroud is nursing a broken hand. The band adds: "Byron is not only our bassist, his duties also include band manager and road manager. He is vital to us. While Byron's injury was untimely, he felt he could be ready in time for the tour. With the sad news from the Hoglan family, there was no way we could do this and be focused in any way.

Apologies go out to all of our European fans and agents. We'll miss you. We ask for your understanding at a very tough time for all of us."

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Zimmers Hole
Posted: 27.10.2008 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 68 users
27.10.2008 - 19:00
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
My condolences go out to "The Atomic Clock"
27.10.2008 - 21:09
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
A very heartfelt and well written release. sucks they cant make it.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
27.10.2008 - 23:43
Symmachus

Man, that's sad about the bassist's hand and Gene's relative dying. Something weird is that I was just thinking about Gene Hoglan today. Odd.
28.10.2008 - 05:19
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
That's too bad. I'm sure a great replacement will be made
----
Coldgrits
15.02.2009 - 23:40
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
Written by -DC-002- on 28.10.2008 at 05:19

That's too bad. I'm sure a great replacement will be made

Replacement to a dead relative of Gene is hardly possible. I think you need to read the news over again.

Hits total: 3052 | This month: 6