Metal Storm logo
Best Dethklok Song

Original post

Posted by {aud}devil, 28.10.2008 - 20:31
Even though Dethklok is a cartoon band, Brendan Small, the creator, still toured with various others last year to perform Dethklok songs. I think the whole concept is pure genius. The guitar is amazing. I'm not using a poll because there are so many cool songs they have. This topic is for you to clarify what you think is the best song they have, not the worst, and most vital, NO NEGATIVITY. If you want that, you shouldn't be on this topic. Thank you and enjoy.
My personal best = Bloodrocuted
14.07.2010 - 23:04
VinciShredder

You will most likely die from the hands of my arm
When I come and fly and take off-a your face
with the front of my Hatredcopter

Hatredcopter, obviously. I also like Birthday Dethday...hysterical lyrics. "And now for the blackest, most metal gift of all!!! NOTHING!!!"
----
When in despair on what to play on your guitar next, just shred the hell out of that bitch.
15.07.2010 - 10:53
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by I_Die_Often on 01.04.2010 at 05:33

I think Dethklok is LESS cartoonish than Manowar or Immortal...

Especially Manowar.
Anyway, I picked up The Dethalbum II out of pure curiosity and all the Dethklok jokes on the web, as well as a few instances of kids stating Dethklok is their fave death metal band... and well, actually pretty generic all around. But good for a joke.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
15.07.2010 - 17:56
Goricyde
Account deleted
Can you really chose OmegaZero, good bubby off mine said Hatredcopter, It's his ring tone ha-ha. But I can't chose one it always changes. My current though is Bloodlines. That truely melodic. I do have to say the first album is better.:necro:
16.07.2010 - 23:32
vezzy
Stallmanite
GODDAMMIT!

I missed my chance! My chance to become a Funny stuff star! All because I didn't take a screenshot on time...

[feel free to ask, I can't hurry to give it away just now]
----
17.07.2010 - 03:32
Megadethfaun

My fave Dethlok song is probley murmaider agressive guitar and catchy lyrics to sing along to
17.07.2010 - 11:19
Sleeping Dragon

In terms of music, intrumentation, and vocals: "Bloodrocuted."
In terms of concept and lyrics: "Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle."

Yes, a death metal song about your morning coffee is always interesting.
17.07.2010 - 11:19
vezzy
Stallmanite
Hm, apparently, someone on Metallum vandalized the Dethklok page with a fictional full-length entitled "I Want to Cum on Paris Hilton's Face".

AND I DIDN'T TAKE A SCREENSHOT. They took it down... but wait...

Maybe someone else did.
----
10.08.2011 - 16:02
Yavanna

Well, I really like Go into the water and Awaken (btw, I tried to play it near the university lake, hoping to summon a troll, but aparently there are no sleeping trolls in here)
And afterall, Metalocalypse is one the funniest things I have ever seen
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
10.08.2011 - 17:02
beyondtehdarksun

"I tamper with the evidence..." for me... am I the only one who thinks it's a great song?
----
"We are blind to the world within us, waiting to be born"
10.08.2011 - 22:13
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
My fave is always gonna be Go Into the Water. I just love the way it's played, guitar-wise. Vocals are sick, too.
I also like Thunderhorse.

I like the show, I just wish it wasn't so violent the whole damn time. The shows proves it can be clever with it's writing, like with the Weather Bureau scene from Dethgov.
11.08.2011 - 00:51
JD
Account deleted
Written by Introspekrieg on 28.10.2008 at 22:11

I can't believe how overconfident B.S. was by actually making a Dethklok album, sure it could be considered a comedy album but that would require some creativity and actual humor in the writing (Coffee is not funny, ask Devin Townsend). I suppose Metalocalypse's best song was that Snakes N' Barrels song where they all are tripping balls... but wait that was only Pickles. I guess the Deththeme is good, William Murderface, Murderface, Murderface, Murderface. Bumble Bee.

First lol about the coffee thing I've watched the show it was entertaining in some points, but there is something missing. Pickles's song was my favorite too
11.08.2011 - 02:15
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
For me its probably the Dunkin Hills Coffee Jingle.
11.08.2011 - 02:43
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Murmaider, Thunderhorse, and Dunkin Hills Coffee Jingle. The last one is just hilarious!
11.08.2011 - 19:59
Mattybu

Dethklok is the best. Bloodrocuted is my favourite song by them, just so good.
11.08.2011 - 20:03
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
The only Dethklok song I ever enjoyed was some Mermaid song. He lists off random weapons and says "check" to each one. Funny shit - it's too bad the rest of their stuff doesn't do anything for me.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
12.08.2011 - 10:11
Void Eater
Account deleted
Overrated beyond belief-both the music, and the not very funny show. The only funny part about the show is the clown who does cocaine, which does make me lol. As for my favorite song, I've only heard their first album, although the second one is supposed to be better. As for the songs I've heard, my favorites are Thunderhorse and Hatredcopter. They sound more melodic, as opposed to the fake brutality a fair amount of the songs try to give off. Plus, Hatredcopter has that awesome clean vocal chorus.
22.11.2011 - 19:20
Orphan Saint
Account deleted
The Duncan Hills Coffe Jingle is my number one for sure. With Bloodlines, Bloodrocuted, Better Metal Snake, Go Into the Water and Hatredy rounding out a top five for runners up. The show's theme also rocks.
23.11.2011 - 02:50
Mattybu

Written by Guest on 12.08.2011 at 10:11

Overrated beyond belief-both the music, and the not very funny show.

Overrated? On one of the most highly rated lists on this site Dethklok is in the top 25 most hated bands lol, also the show is one of the funniest I have seen on TV.
23.11.2011 - 02:58
Void Eater
Account deleted
Written by Mattybu on 23.11.2011 at 02:50

Overrated? On one of the most highly rated lists on this site Dethklok is in the top 25 most hated bands lol, also the show is one of the funniest I have seen on TV.

Sure, they're not well liked by Internet Metal Nerds, but ask any younger "metal fan" about Dethklok, and he'll think that they're great. The Dethalbum 2 is among the best selling albums that can qualify as a form of death metal.
23.11.2011 - 06:05
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Dethklok is a death metal marketing ploy to get 14-year-olds like Beast into metal. The show isn't funny either... I'm not sure what kind of humor people think it is, but it's certainly not the good kind.

Or maybe it's 14-year-old humor and that's why I don't like it.

The only thing I ever enjoyed about it was the "grandpa guitar".
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
23.11.2011 - 15:01
ThatMetalRAdio

I agree whit Troy...but its good way to get youth into metal.
23.11.2011 - 15:15
Vikingr

Kind of negative don't you think Troy Anyway, my personal favourites are Murmaider and especially Bloodlines, excellent songs in terms of melodic death metal
23.11.2011 - 21:14
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Vikingr on 23.11.2011 at 15:15
Kind of negative don't you think Troy

'Tis why they call me Killjoy.
----
23.11.2011 - 22:30
Vikingr

Ah, me thinks I understand now
23.11.2011 - 22:38
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
And like ThatMetalRAdio said, it's a decent place for kids to start. If it helps get them into more death metal bands then I'm down with it.
----
23.11.2011 - 23:43
ANGEL REAPER

I like murmaider and go into the water the most...pretty catchy...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
24.11.2011 - 05:17
Mattybu

Written by Guest on 23.11.2011 at 02:58

Written by Mattybu on 23.11.2011 at 02:50

Sure, they're not well liked by Internet Metal Nerds, but ask any younger "metal fan" about Dethklok, and he'll think that they're great. The Dethalbum 2 is among the best selling albums that can qualify as a form of death metal.

True, but to be honest I would value the opinion of an "Internet Metal Nerd" more than that of a young metal fan who doesn't really know jack shit.

And man, it's not breaking down racial barriers or anything but I thought the Dethalbum II was funny, had some nice melodies and some songs I found myself listening to a lot. I can guarantee Laser Cannon Deth Sentence has reached the 250 play mark at least, fuckin good shit man.
24.11.2011 - 08:32
MesiasDesmorphus

Laser Canon Death Sentence . . . . nobody here has mentioned that goddamn song yet.
Let's see, lightning speed fast, Gene Hoglan's hexi-kick black beat drumming, spurting vocalization, cool lyrics.