04. Land Of The Free
05. Rebellion In Dreamland
06. I Want Out [Helloween cover]
07. Send Me A Sign
08. Into The Storm [bonus]
09. Empress [bonus]
10. From The Ashes [bonus]
11. Real World [bonus]

The last live album of Gamma Ray, "Skeletons In The Closet", was a really good live. Five years and two albums later, the German combo is back with a new live entitled "Hell Yeah! The Awesome Foursome" (that you can also find in a great DVD version by the way). Of course you'll not find anything special or new on this release but if you like Gamma Ray and want a good "best-of" I will have to recommend you this CD, definitely Gamma Ray can be a great band live.

As you can see on the track list of "Hell Yeah! The Awesome Foursome", nothing is really missing on this new double CD. Sure some of you will always say that this or this song is missing but Gamma Ray is not Manowar and they don't use to play live during more than five hours? More seriously the set-list is long with twenty two songs and more than two hours of music and I really like the fact that they have added at the end of the second CD (as bonus tracks), four songs of the last album "Land Of The Free II". The concert is good with a good and active Gamma Ray, the crowd is presetn and rocks too, this is a nice live album even if I've already seen craziest general ambiances. Anyway I doubt that the fans will be disappointed all the ingredients of a successful live album are featured here so?

The recording is excellent and it's easy to hear all the instruments, the voice of Kai Hansen and the really active audience of Montreal. The cover, in a classic Gamma Ray stile, is really cool one more time so really it's hard to find something wrong on this new release. Sure you have to be into Gamma Ray to like this release and want to buy it but if you're a fan don't worry you shouldn't be disappointed by "Hell Yeah! The Awesome Foursome".

"Hell Yeah! The Awesome Foursome" is a classic live album but it's a good release nonetheless. Full of hits (with "I Want Out" of course!) with a good communicative band and with a cool crowd, nothing is really missing on this album even if it could be a bit more "crazy" sometime. Don't forget that you can buy the DVD of the concert (with a box which also features the live on the CDs) if you want to see how a Gamma Ray concert looks but really if you're not into videos, this version is also really good. "Hell Yeah! The Awesome Foursome" is perfect for the fans of Gamma Ray. This live is a great piece of work so don't miss it if you like the German combo.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: -
Originality: -
Production: 9

Written by Jeff | 28.10.2008

Comments

Comments: 16   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 217 users
29.10.2008 - 00:57
Arcesse Eum

I cant believe the title of this album hahaha
----
As above, so below.
29.10.2008 - 01:59
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Arcesse Eum on 29.10.2008 at 00:57

I cant believe the title of this album hahaha

the original title was sooooo much better, im still fuckin pissed they changed it.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
29.10.2008 - 03:35
Lanzaddt
Account deleted
Well I guess I'll buy as soon as they release it here in Mexico...
29.10.2008 - 05:27
Rating: 9
juanopereira

Yeah! it's a great cd. But why they didn't play "When the World"?! it's the best song of their last cd!! Also Dethrone Tyranny is missing here.
29.10.2008 - 07:32
Promonex
Cathemeral
So why did they change the title again?
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
29.10.2008 - 11:58
Abattoir

Well, the setlist looks just fine to me...I wouldn't change nothing on it.
29.10.2008 - 12:38
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Why did they open with the same song as on the last live album? And why is he still playing boring Helloween covers? Victim of Fate was great but I Want Out isn't really groundbreaking... but well, I suppose it's good even if I didn't like LoTF2
30.10.2008 - 00:16
Nicko's Nose

Written by juanopereira on 29.10.2008 at 05:27
But why they didn't play "When the World"?! it's the best song of their last cd!!

The show is 2 years old...
30.10.2008 - 13:53
Rating: 9
Stratowarrior

Mmm i don't think the crowd was that good as you said in the review...i've already heard thr album and the only thing i didn't like was the response from the crowd, i was expecting something like in Skeletons....
----
power metal 'til death!!!!!!!!!
02.11.2008 - 17:13
Bas
Retired Staff
What a fucking horrible album title...
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
03.11.2008 - 01:43
Gigginova
Account deleted
The album title sounds incredibly homo lol.
Wow but um really though, I didn't know about this release, I see two songs I'm interested in checking out right off the bat: "I Want Out" and the acoustic "Fairytale" .
03.11.2008 - 06:38
DoomGuard

Sounds great...effin Kai Hansen
20.12.2008 - 16:06
Baz Anderson

Written by Irritable Ted on 11.11.2008 at 22:50

Want this on DVD but nowhere has it in stock. Need region 2. Little help?

Here you are.

Well, Now I have finally heard this live album, I have to say it was fantastic to hear songs like "Man On A Mission", "Dreamhealer", "The Silence" and "Beyond The Blackhole" live.. these aren't usually played, or weren't the times I have seen the band live. I hope I can see them do these one day...
18.04.2009 - 22:53
Gigginova
Account deleted
I watched the 1st disc which is the show . The acoustic version of "Fairytale" is weird.
Now I'm about to watch the 2nd disc which is like backstage and road stuff. I like this DVD, it helps pass the time too.
18.04.2009 - 23:15
Lord_Regnier

The title is silly indeed. And the subtitle, with this "Donald Duck" joke, is even more stupid.

You can't find the DVD version in stores here. All the stores only have the CD version.

Is it true that the sound sucks on this recording? I heard this complaint many times, and by people who are much bigger PM fans than me and are Gamma Ray fans too.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
23.04.2009 - 00:01
Rating: 10
savalegion

The album is perfectly fine and kicks ass. The title is hilarious and wity fuck guys its just a title. Heaavy metal universe is the best song on here next to Beyond the blackhole and Rebellion in Dreamland.

Hits total: 10935 | This month: 9