Metal Storm logo
Gorgoroth - Gaahl 'Outs' Himself As Homosexual

Kristian 'Gaahl' Espedal, frontman of Norwegian Black Metallers Gorgoroth, has publicly stated his homosexuality, according to Blabbermouth sources.

33 year old Gaahl spoke openly in an interview with Götz Kühnemund of Rock Hard magazine about his sexual orientation, also adding "I feel how I feel and I've never made any secret about it", and "I've never really hidden anything to begin with. It's just that I was never in love before" ... "until last year".

Gaahl also mentions a stable line-up for his version of Gorgoroth, confirming that Frost (Satyricon, 1349) will perform on the next album.

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Gorgoroth
Posted: 29.10.2008 by Richard

Comments page 2 / 5

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 136   Visited by: 567 users
30.10.2008 - 01:29
jalp
Account deleted
Written by insanity.peppers on 29.10.2008 at 22:20

Wasn't he arrested for brutally bashing a homosexual man or was that someone else?

It Was Jon Nödtveidt from Dissection who was convicted of being an accessory to murder, in the killing of the 38-year-old homosexual Algerian Josef Ben Meddour, in 1997. He was released from prison in 2004, and restarted Dissection. He than made the best album ever!! REINKAOS on 2006!
30.10.2008 - 01:33
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Written by Symmachus on 30.10.2008 at 00:33

I knew that Gaahl used to have a gay relationship with the guy he founded that fashion place with.

On the homosexuality issue, call me a bugger as much as you like, but I think gay marriage should not be legalized. I don't feel like going into detail, but someone needed to say that.

no marriage should be legalized but that is for another forum
30.10.2008 - 01:37
AMonitorDarkly

Wow, good for him. That takes a lot of balls for someone who is in any line of entertainment let alone Black Metal.
30.10.2008 - 01:41
Arcesse Eum

Theres nothing more blasphemous than banging an other guy in the ass... how is this not expected from all who wish to cover the throne of god in black shit and rend the wings from the Dove of peace?
----
As above, so below.
30.10.2008 - 02:03
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
Hurray, black metal continues its neverending battle against judeo-christian morality by breaking the highest barrier - heterosexuality! It started when Kvarforth kissed Maniac on stage and I hope to see other gaylords of tr00 black metal coming out and make a stand.

Shitty sarcasm aside, I actually find it quite brave from Gaahl to openly state it 'cause after watching some comments for the video where Maniac and Kvarforth kissed, I can imagine loads of angry comments about betraying black metal and shit like that (especially from Estonia where gays are really hated by many metalheads).
30.10.2008 - 02:22
Hamird
Lieutenant
You must add George Michael to Gorgoroth's similar artists (joking)
30.10.2008 - 02:30
Gigginova
Account deleted
No....fvcking wayyy.....

wow, lol, i guess this is the first time this has happened since Halford came out.
30.10.2008 - 02:41
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 30.10.2008 at 02:30

No....fvcking wayyy.....

wow, lol, i guess this is the first time this has happened since Halford came out.

There are bound to be more within metal cause between 5 and 10% of the world's population is gay. But like within football it is not a thing one openly admits within the metal world.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.10.2008 - 02:49
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I usually think of myself as having a pretty good gaydar, but not once did it occur to me that Gaahl was gay. To be honest, I'm actually surprised to discover that he was gay.
30.10.2008 - 02:55
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 30.10.2008 at 02:49

I usually think of myself as having a pretty good gaydar, but not once did it occur to me that Gaahl was gay. To be honest, I'm actually surprised to discover that he was gay.

Btw you do know that ONLY gays have gaydars, right?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.10.2008 - 03:09
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.10.2008 at 02:55

Wait, what?

Err, disregard what I said, as I am a fool fit only for the job of mixing concrete.
30.10.2008 - 03:20
Fallen'Angel

----
Im Your Source of Self-Destruction !
30.10.2008 - 05:25
Shadowcross
The Summoner
I found this bit of information interesting.. even though i've never been a Gorgoroth fan. thanks for posting, I think it is news worthy just no need for ongoing relationship updates! haha

I see some of the biggest double standards on this page ..
A lot of these bands try and be NSBM, or nazi-esque, ideas which strongly having an anti-homosexual doctrine.
But then wouldn't homosexuality make a 'Satanic' band more 'evil' ?
Some of you say you hate homosexuality, but anti-homosexuality seems mainly a religious ideology?
Black metallers = kids who never grew up
30.10.2008 - 05:27
Shadowcross
The Summoner

Haha post of the day!
30.10.2008 - 06:36
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Still not as evil as this man:
----
(space for rent)
30.10.2008 - 06:38
a MasT

Hahahahahahaahah the guy turned out to be a queer! wtf I would have NEVER guessed that, I mean the whole thing about death and black metal in my opinion is the sheer aggression and masculinity for a large portion of it anyway. I mean its almost like the music is a lie. omg I'm not sure when I'll stop laughing about this, I'm almost worried.
30.10.2008 - 06:38
Morcant
Wulfgar
Written by Shadowcross on 30.10.2008 at 05:27

Haha post of the day!

HHAHA yes indeed
----
"No guts no glory"
- Bolt Thrower
30.10.2008 - 06:57
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser

Really, I was under the impression a "gaydar" was just the ability to sense whether someone was gay or not.

Glam's not so gay anymore is it?! BWHAHAHA!
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
30.10.2008 - 07:04
xdissectionx

So ghaal is a fruity fag?

...this is old news. who cares?
----
30.10.2008 - 07:09
Murder

I knew this by other sources more or less 3 or 4 weeks ago... and really... I can't believe it XD it was strange... and I could see comments where I read the news like "that's soo fucking anti - tr00 and anti-kvlt!!"

haha good for him... but it was sooo hilarious to see the "tr00 Gorgoroth fans" disappointed with this new and leaving sad/angry comments
30.10.2008 - 07:16
Thought.
A Dying God
Same reaction i'm having now, kinda laughing in my head about how the kvlt crazies i know are reacting
----
There is no God but the one that dies with me. I have no life but the one I take with me to the grave. We come into this world alone. And we will die on our own. I live. I die. Ain Elohim.
30.10.2008 - 07:36
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
So what? Halford is gay, Gaahl is gay, Elton John is gay, Freddy Mercury was gay, and the list goes on, so, Is that so relevant for us, it is just to be tolerant, it is not anti-tr00 or anti-kvlt (there you have some stupid and primitive way of thinking), Judas Priest sounds great and Gorgoroth, well I'm not a fan of Gorgoroth haha, and oh man, Mercury had a godly voice, If they are homosexuals I don't care, they can do what they want to do.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
30.10.2008 - 09:38
Sunioj

Sounds like Gaahl likes the attention
30.10.2008 - 10:03
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Stuart on 30.10.2008 at 01:29

Let's remember this is the same man who said that BM was going to change the world and there was a council of black metal bands and that at one of their meetings it was decided which bands would be chosen to change the world with their music. Gorgoroth are boring band with a clown for a frontman.

council of black metal bands... man, how can people still take this guy seriously after that is WAY BEYOND ME..

hahahahhahaahahah LMAO this band is going to change the world!!!
30.10.2008 - 10:20
Asitis

----
The silent moment, right before the dusk fades away
I open my eyes, but the darkness stays
30.10.2008 - 10:30
FOOCK Nam

Haha. Lol on black metal. Shame truly for Gaahl.
30.10.2008 - 10:40
krabathor
Account deleted
Haha that's so fucking funny loool
30.10.2008 - 10:43
Derelict Earth

Haha now this is awkward !
30.10.2008 - 10:47
Shadowcross
The Summoner
LOL
30.10.2008 - 11:25
lordz
IzZo
Very funny indeed!!... He should start a boy band now!

Hits total: 39155 | This month: 32