Metal Storm logo
Gorgoroth - Gaahl 'Outs' Himself As Homosexual

Kristian 'Gaahl' Espedal, frontman of Norwegian Black Metallers Gorgoroth, has publicly stated his homosexuality, according to Blabbermouth sources.

33 year old Gaahl spoke openly in an interview with Götz Kühnemund of Rock Hard magazine about his sexual orientation, also adding "I feel how I feel and I've never made any secret about it", and "I've never really hidden anything to begin with. It's just that I was never in love before" ... "until last year".

Gaahl also mentions a stable line-up for his version of Gorgoroth, confirming that Frost (Satyricon, 1349) will perform on the next album.

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Gorgoroth
Posted: 29.10.2008 by Richard

Comments page 3 / 5

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 136   Visited by: 567 users
30.10.2008 - 12:14
Damnated
Churchburner
I don't even think he is gay. he's just an attention whore. he does everything to get in the spotlight, from beating up his village to drinking blood. then the whole hysteria surrounding Gorgoroth. now this. what's next, sexchange? then lesbianism?
he probably didn't have a room when he was a child.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
30.10.2008 - 12:33
Abattoir
Staff
Hah, no comment...
30.10.2008 - 12:48
Nym666
Account deleted
Gorgoroth rules!:necro:
30.10.2008 - 13:21
Framhel?
Hmmmm that's sooo shocking hahaha beneath ghaal's dark exterior and weirdness and violent nature, he loves men? He likes men now??? ouch! for gorgoroth fans! LOLOLOLOLOLOL OLEOLEOLEOLE
----
--Rock Forever--
30.10.2008 - 13:54
Hrodnand
Account deleted
I don't take that shit.
30.10.2008 - 14:15
Mrshll
Good for Ghaal. I just feel sorry for all the tr00 kvlt people who must be crying themselves to sleep at night now.
30.10.2008 - 14:28
TheBigRossowski
Written by Framhel? on 30.10.2008 at 13:21

Hmmmm that's sooo shocking hahaha beneath ghaal's dark exterior and weirdness and violent nature, he loves men? He likes men now??? ouch! for gorgoroth fans! LOLOLOLOLOLOL OLEOLEOLEOLE

Its really not that big of a deal. Its reasonable that some people would have these thoughts, but maybe you should do some criminal research. There are a lot of violent, sick, twisted people out there that had other sexual preferences. Ever heard of John Wayne Gacy my friend?
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
30.10.2008 - 14:32
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
HA! How fuckin ironic...not so scary now are you Mr McGoo?? Gaahl might ridicule others for being Christian but at least I dont take it up the pooper HA...classic stuff Or maybe thats been his cover for using facepaint all these years...he just likes lipstick so much!
30.10.2008 - 14:41
TheBigRossowski
See what I mean (above me- Valaskjalf)? Doesn't mean Gaahl isn't sick enough to eat your throat and shit on your dead corpse.
----
30.10.2008 - 16:29
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by Guest on 30.10.2008 at 14:32

HA! How fuckin ironic...not so scary now are you Mr McGoo?? Gaahl might ridicule others for being Christian but at least I dont take it up the pooper HA...classic stuff Or maybe thats been his cover for using facepaint all these years...he just likes lipstick so much!

Being gay is the ultimate form of dissing Christianity... and he definitely doesn't take it, he gives it. Did you see the size of his fashion-designer boyfriend?! The guys a midget!
And the corpsepaint rule applies to others... maybe more will step forward and admit it now. Dani? Shag?
30.10.2008 - 19:24
a MasT
U cant be brutal and a nancy boy at the same time, to say you can is a very hard argument to make.....i mean hes in "LOVE" with another man? Wow the pits should be huge on his next tour......
30.10.2008 - 20:01
W-Lash
Metal Master
It looks like guy seems alone and without attention, so he made this statement. Why not? His wonderful "satan" phrase from Headbanger's Journey movie now is quite forgotten

Anyway he is one too overrated faggot.

EDIT:
Imagine this with growls:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuyY9WjNpgs

Imagine, who would be the main singer? Oh, you got no idea? hehehe
30.10.2008 - 21:15
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
TO EVERYONE:

I can imagine this is evoking a giggle here and there, but all of you keep in mind that we do NOT accept intolerance towards homosexuals/homosexuality. Thanks.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
30.10.2008 - 21:45
W-Lash
Metal Master
Calm down dude, let them talk. Censorship is bad....
In fact, nobody can let them like gays. And if they don't - why should say nice words about them?
30.10.2008 - 21:48
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by W-Lash on 30.10.2008 at 21:45

In fact, nobody can let them like gays. And if they don't - why should say nice words about them?

SIgh... this has to do with common decency. And intolerance towards homosexuals has nothing to do with the so-called freedom of speech and all about hate spreading etc etc And when you read the MS rules you will notice we do not tolerate such shit, same applies for propgating neonazi ramblings.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.10.2008 - 21:49
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite

I'm perfectly calm, you don't have to worry about me. Marcel said the rest one post up.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
30.10.2008 - 22:13
W-Lash
Metal Master
I'm still concerned that too much tolerance will ruin everything but ok - you are doing your job. This is not the right place for such discussion - let's blame Gaahl
30.10.2008 - 22:26
Fallen'Angel
----
Im Your Source of Self-Destruction !
30.10.2008 - 22:29
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Homophobia is usually a cover for sexual insecurity, if you are 100% straight and get girls who cares what other guys do... less competition.
30.10.2008 - 23:15
Hyvaarin
My god some of you people are fucking idiots. I honestly can't believe that people still equate liking the cock with being effeminate, weak and carefree.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
30.10.2008 - 23:40
Derelict Earth
Well I personnally don't give a shit about homosexual as long as they don't bother me, but reading that Gaahl, the super-evil singer of trve kvlt Gorgoroth, is gay is a really awkward situation
31.10.2008 - 00:29
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.10.2008 at 21:48

SIgh... this has to do with common decency. And intolerance towards homosexuals has nothing to do with the so-called freedom of speech and all about hate spreading etc etc And when you read the MS rules you will notice we do not tolerate such shit, same applies for propgating neonazi ramblings.

Strange, because theres apparently nothing wrong with bashing Christianity in this forum is there? If the shoe fits I suppose....
31.10.2008 - 02:33
Hyvaarin
Written by Derelict Earth on 30.10.2008 at 23:40

Well I personnally don't give a shit about homosexual as long as they don't bother me, but reading that Gaahl, the super-evil singer of trve kvlt Gorgoroth, is gay is a really awkward situation

But why? If he previously sung about how great it is to see tits and fuck women, etc., then you'd have a point. But he didn't and you don't.

Homosexual =/= Carson from Queer Eye
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
31.10.2008 - 02:43
Slyfang
I always thought the first one to admit this in the black metal scene would be Maniac or Attila Csihar
31.10.2008 - 02:48
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by Slyfang on 31.10.2008 at 02:43

I always thought the first one to admit this in the black metal scene would be Maniac or Attila Csihar

I was thinking more on the lines of Dani Filth.
31.10.2008 - 04:36
a MasT
Written by Guest on 31.10.2008 at 00:29

Strange, because theres apparently nothing wrong with bashing Christianity in this forum is there? If the shoe fits I suppose....

Fuckin here here, its a ridiculous double standard and if religion isn't off limits neither are faggots
31.10.2008 - 05:19
Hrothdane
Written by a MasT on 31.10.2008 at 04:36

Fuckin here here, its a ridiculous double standard and if religion isn't off limits neither are faggots

If it bothers you so much, go make your own website. As Marcel was saying, this is a matter of propriety and respect and the rules do not allow for it. As for Christianity bashing, I think it would be ridiculous and illogical to not have some allowance for Christianity bashing on a forum with so many black metallers. You might as well ban anyone who listens to black metal then. I'm not saying that people should bash Christianity, but that is kind of a necessary evil to endure if you plan on including the black metal community.
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
31.10.2008 - 05:51
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
What it comes down to is people don't choose their race or sexual orientation, but people choose to believe in a certain religion- so they can defend their beliefs. I don't agree with bashing Christianity, but there is a difference between using constructive arguments with valid questions and just bashing something (a telltale sign is using derogatory names).
Just trying to be respectful...
31.10.2008 - 07:35
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by Hrothdane on 31.10.2008 at 05:19

If it bothers you so much, go make your own website. As Marcel was saying, this is a matter of propriety and respect and the rules do not allow for it. As for Christianity bashing, I think it would be ridiculous and illogical to not have some allowance for Christianity bashing on a forum with so many black metallers. You might as well ban anyone who listens to black metal then. I'm not saying that people should bash Christianity, but that is kind of a necessary evil to endure if you plan on including the black metal community.

Oh really? Then I suppose there should be made allowance for homo-bashing as well since there are a certain amount of Christians on this website as well. You cant have your bread buttered on both sides mate.....Or do you want to ban all Christians from the site as well? You cant decide which prejucide is least offensive.
31.10.2008 - 10:36
TheBigRossowski
Written by Hrothdane on 31.10.2008 at 05:19

I'm part of the 'black metal community' but I'm not really a basher of anything really. Well, at least not any more. I've given up the good fight to become a more tolerant Dudeist, lol. Calmer than you are....WAVING THE FUCKIN GUN AROUND?! Just take it easy, man... calmer than you are...

Its so sad to see how some people really react to this though.
----

Hits total: 39187 | This month: 64