Metal Storm logo
Peter Beste's True Norwegian Black Metal photograph book

31.10.2008 - 01:13
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
My roommate jake (featured in one of my pictures) bought me a photography book featuring some of the most famous/notorious figures of black metal. in my opinion, it is one of the most thorough pieces of media done on black metal and features some very KVLT pictures of Mayhem, Nattefrost, Gorgoroth and Gaahl and many, many others. if you have a chance pick it up and give it a look. anyone else seen this or know what i'm talking about?

heres a link http://www.amazon.com/Norwegian-Black-Metal-Peter-Beste/dp/1576874354/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1225408348&sr=8-1
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
05.11.2008 - 15:48
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I've seen this around the net. Its pretty cool and I've considered getting it. it would make a great gift to somebody who likes Black Metal.
----
Coldgrits
08.11.2008 - 23:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
I went to his exhibition when he exhibited some of his work in Tilburg, a damn shame I was broke at the time or else I would have bough the book. Great pictures.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.11.2008 - 07:01
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.11.2008 at 23:36

I went to his exhibition when he exhibited some of his work in Tilburg, a damn shame I was broke at the time or else I would have bough the book. Great pictures.

yeah the picture of Nattefrost smoking heroin or some other vile substance is depressing as hell/funny as shit.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
06.02.2009 - 12:21
Sigyn
miaregine.com
Peter Beste is one of my fav photographers. I bought the book last year and I love it! I think its a great gift for everyone who is interested in metal and photography.

I really like the layout and the contrasts. And the picture of Hoest from Taake in the woods is one of my favs. And ofcourse Kvitrafn in the streets of Bergen where you see the old lady giving him the weird look :-p Awesome!

On his website (peterbeste.com) you can also see other series of pictures. He is very talented!
----
www.miaregine.com

Delirium and Delight
06.02.2009 - 13:32
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Sigyn on 06.02.2009 at 12:21
And the picture of Hoest from Taake in the woods is one of my favs.

Yep, mine too at least from all I've seen.
I haven't got the book, but as Unbless just said - there are many photos on his website too. Awesome stuff.
07.02.2009 - 05:47
tulkas
el parcero
Hadn't heard of the book, but i'm checking the pics on beste's website and they're really good. i hd seen some of them already but didn't think they were by the same guy. i'll look for the book, but i don't think i can find it here (damn third world country), so... i don't know, if i can i'll order it on amazon or something.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
26.02.2009 - 09:31
GT
Coffee!!
staff
The book has just been released in Denmark and he's doing a exhibition in Copenhagen to support it for the next couple of weeks. Thought about getting it
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
26.02.2009 - 12:22
Sigyn
miaregine.com
Written by GT on 26.02.2009 at 09:31

The book has just been released in Denmark and he's doing a exhibition in Copenhagen to support it for the next couple of weeks. Thought about getting it

Are you going to the exhibition? :-D
----
www.miaregine.com

Delirium and Delight
26.02.2009 - 12:26
GT
Coffee!!
staff
Written by Sigyn on 26.02.2009 at 12:22

Nope. I won't be in Copenhagen when it's there and it's too far (and expensive) "just" for that
----

26.02.2009 - 12:36
Sigyn
miaregine.com
Written by GT on 26.02.2009 at 12:26

Nope. I won't be in Copenhagen when it's there and it's too far (and expensive) "just" for that

I understand And you should get the book.. It's really cool
----
www.miaregine.com

Delirium and Delight
26.02.2009 - 13:36
Darkside Momo
Retired
elite
I'm just looking at all his pictures, and he's REALLY talented. Some pics of the Houston Rap scene are awesome too
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
26.02.2009 - 17:19
GT
Coffee!!
staff
Written by Sigyn on 26.02.2009 at 12:36

Written by GT on 26.02.2009 at 12:26

I understand And you should get the book.. It's really cool

Depending on the price I think I will
----

26.02.2009 - 18:12
TheBigRossowski
One of my friends got that book for Christmas...which is actually quite funny in a sense. After flipping through it, some of the photos are pretty good!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?