Metal Storm logo
What metal genre have you been into recently? What band started it?

Original post

Posted by -DC-002-, 31.10.2008 - 10:10
A simple question. what genre or style of metal have you been listening too lately? And what band spurred it?

does this topic exist already? I guess I'll find out
22.04.2015 - 18:52
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by MetCanMeshAnt on 23.03.2015 at 02:11

Right now the genre that I have been listening to the most has been thrash. And it was started off by Exodus. I was listening to some music in my car and came across the song Blacklist from Tempo of the Damned and I had forgotten about how good that album was. So I listened to it a few times and then the other albums I have by them. Exodus is very underrated in my opinion.

Not too sure what you mean by ''Underrated'' honestly. I mean Exodus is widely known and one of the best selling thrash bands of all time (excluding any act from the big 4 obviously). I mean if someone would tell me that ''Protector", "Annacrusis" or "Demolition Hammer" was underrated, sure, I'd get that... But Exodus is definitely not underrated. The band is more of a "Landmark" for thrash metal...
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
25.05.2015 - 06:50
Sentinel65

I've been exploring black metal a lot more recently, so I've been listening to Venom, Burzum, Mercyful Fate, Bathory, Emperor, Mayhem, Immortal, and Celtic Frost. Some of the records, particularly De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas, take some getting used to on account of the vocals. I'm not sure if I could ever grow to enjoy Vargs' vocals. So far I've definitely gained a greater respect for the genre as a whole and am pleasantly surprised how much I am enjoying the music.
25.05.2015 - 23:01
RyuIV
Account deleted
I got into Numetal and Folkmetal.

In Numetal I got involved by Limp Bizkit, KoRn and dope. I know, I know, many people don't like it, but I just like the way it is. Well and I got into Folkmetal through Ensiferum. It is just great. It feels like you're in a battle and suddenly you start to sing a song with a big choir of warriors. It's awesome.
21.07.2015 - 02:37
DARKKUBAN

I've been blasting Goatwhore lately also Immortal,Satyricon and Gojira
27.07.2015 - 20:20
poison-evie

Lately, I've been on an industrial metal binge. I've always been fond of it but not as fond as other sub genres. It was Neurotech that lit that passion for the subgenre.
03.08.2015 - 23:19
Guib
Thrash Talker
Lol I've been back in my teen years because of a System of a Down show... lately I'm listening to *don't hate on me* bands like Godsmack, Disturbed, Linkin Park, Soad, Static X... yeah I know but w/e it's good. Makes me kind of Nostalgic too, so much that I've bought tickets for Godsmack in October @Montreal.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
05.08.2015 - 00:09
BurningSkadi

I've listened to more doom metal than ever because of Saturnus. You should try them,they're really good.
06.08.2015 - 06:25
Forty2One

Power Metal, the band was Lost Horizon

Black Metal, the band was Akhlys
----
Circus Maximus - Symphony X - Sabaton - Lost Horizon - Outworld - Falconer - Hammerfall
In Flames - Dream Theater - Enslaved
06.08.2015 - 16:56
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by deadone on 06.08.2015 at 13:13

Lately I've been listening to the same old fucking shit I always listen to.

What a coincidence. Me too
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
31.08.2015 - 19:02
Sang Dalang Abu

I look to my winamp. My Winamp Play Count is for old fuckin shit, Atmospheric BM, Ambient BM.
01.09.2015 - 20:48
Infernal Eternal

I recently got back to my all time favourite subgenre, Black Metal. It started with Impaled Nazarene. It originally started with Mayhem, though, years back...
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
22.11.2015 - 07:11
Wukk

Over the past week, I've unexpectedly gotten hooked on doom metal, particularly funeral doom. I think it might have been Slumber that started me off at first, then I started going through all the recent funeral doom releases and really loving the way it seems to wash over you. As you might expect, it's been accompanied by smatterings of stuff like atmospheric black metal and darkwave.

On second thoughts, I put this obsession down to insomnia.
----
If you're 666 then I'm 777
http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator
22.11.2015 - 07:26
no one
Account deleted
I'v just been listening to some fucking shit
06.01.2016 - 17:29
Andr3sfc

I started to listen some sludge after randomly finding Mantar towards the end of last year.

Nothing really stuck, though.
02.03.2016 - 11:07
nasmith

Written by Infernal Eternal on 21.01.2014 at 15:19

Written by nasmith on 06.08.2013 at 14:33

You replied later to my comment than I did to yours lol

Another late answer! My best friend listens to those bands!

That's cool.

(Yes, I realize that this is literally three years later that I'm replying. >.<)
04.03.2016 - 05:54
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Guest on 22.11.2015 at 07:26

I'v just been listening to some fucking shit

Toilet backed up again?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"