Metal Storm logo
The new Transformers Movie!

Original post

Posted by Elijah, 30.06.2006 - 15:37

BOOYAH! Anyone else looking forward to this as much as I am? There's a small preview up on the site which basically shows only the fact that the Transformers are coming from/on Mars. It doesn't reveal whether they're actually from the Red Planet or not. That remains to be seen.

From what I've seen, read and heard, this movie is going to stray very far from the cartoons/comics. I'm not worried in the slightest, though. I'm looking forward to it very, very much. I've even made the poster into my background. I know, I sound like a useless fanboy, but I can't help myself.

Full sized picture of the poster can be found here.
28.07.2007 - 11:21
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
I saw it yesterday evening. The robots were awesome but I found the plot too simplistic and the dialogue rather stupid : But my boyfriend is a "geek fanboy" like you guys and he found it amazing... I guess you have to be a big fan to really enjoy it.
----
I wish I had a mental survival kit...
30.07.2007 - 04:53
Woven Elegy
Account deleted
I aren't no "geek fanboy", i just like explosions and plenty of 'em.

Alot of people have roughly the same critical response, the action was good but the storyline was rather meager (did i spell that right?) and the said comedy elements in it were cringe worthy, least they were to me.

But all in all i'd watch it over The Village any day.

Everyday, always fucking Marie's Wedding.
22.08.2007 - 03:40
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I've seen it three times. I have already posted my opinion. 'Nuff said
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
22.08.2007 - 04:43
tulkas
el parcero
i watched it on sunday with my 2 brothers and loved it, even though i'm not a fan. i just loved the action and the cars most of all. don't care if the plot was simple or whatever, i had a great time and loved that movie! and the caaarss!!! haha
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
29.08.2007 - 11:15
Larsson!
Account deleted
I didn't think that it would be that good, but when I saw it I was positively surprised, it was really good! The plot was good and the speciall effects was really good. The main character is good, I've seen him in other movies lately and he is a good actor.
30.08.2007 - 18:00
legend_destroyer
Account deleted
It wasn't even that great, I was expecting it to be decent and that is what it was. However when I first heard of it I thought it was going to be great until I heard MIchael Bay was the director. Still I bought the tickets for opening night went and saw it, and it was what I expected
18.09.2007 - 07:58
?Master?
Account deleted
kikass movie i loved it
but damn it i hated the fukin linkin park song playing no everytime i hear that gay song playing somewhere it reminds me of transformers...
22.09.2007 - 12:20
Avenant
Profane Seraph
It was fun! STUPID...but fun! It's like a popcorn movie really, you can't take it too seriously cos it's all a little silly... especially with Micheal Bays cheesy garbage in it

Fun movie. But it needed MORE TRANSFORMERS and less stupid people! Because of this, I thought Die Hard 4 was a better popcorn movie
19.12.2007 - 17:18
Valentin B
Iconoclast
fantastic movie, i think i used to watch the cartoon when i was little, or at least "beast wars:transformers" but the movie was excellent, great funny moments, and i agree there wasn't any need for the romance, but maybe in the next transformers movie we'll have more of the robot characters or something, i think a prequel would be best(seeing as megatron died in the end and every other decepticon as well)

the slow motion battle scenes and the transformations were :O unbelievable, truly the best visual effects i've ever seen, and keep in mind i'm a huge star wars geek!!
20.12.2007 - 06:53
Death Knight

Awsome movie, they tried to make it for an older audience i think they pulled it off very well.
Not to bad of a soundtrack and awsome cars also pulled it together nicely.
15.01.2008 - 17:47
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Hehe I just bought an Optimus Prime Notebook for a photography capacitaction we'll have here at work. All my workmates laughed I don't care. It's Optimus Prime!
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

15.01.2008 - 21:23
Bulletdodger

I have never watched the cartoon , the movie blew me away with it's special effects , but I didn't really like the story and the dialouge.
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
16.01.2008 - 18:07
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Bulletdodger on 15.01.2008 at 21:23

I have never watched the cartoon , the movie blew me away with it's special effects , but I didn't really like the story and the dialouge.

Not even Beast Wars? I mean, I understand you hadn't watched the 1st cartoon, you weren't even born I think, btu beast wars was pretty popular around 96-97, or something liek that...

In teh movie the dialogue was fine IMO, and teh story had a lot to do with the cartoons and comics, as far as I know.
----

16.01.2008 - 18:57
Bulletdodger

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 16.01.2008 at 18:07

Not even Beast Wars? I mean, I understand you hadn't watched the 1st cartoon, you weren't even born I think, btu beast wars was pretty popular around 96-97, or something liek that...

In teh movie the dialogue was fine IMO, and teh story had a lot to do with the cartoons and comics, as far as I know.

Nope , I watched many Japanese cartoons , but never Transformers , don't know why , just I'm not a big fan of robots .
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
22.01.2008 - 10:17
Harmonic
Account deleted
The movie sucked hairy donkey balls. Even Steven Spielberg and Shia Laboeuf couldn't save it. Give me the original 1984 animated version any day. Why? The cartoon had more engaging characters, better voice-acting, a more interesting back story, and dynamic interrelationships and power struggles. Not to mention the Insecticons, Dinobots, Combiner teams, Triple-changers - an unprecedented array of great toy concepts.

Bay's movie was nothing more than a cynical attempt to cash in on a successful trademark. All of the charm of the original series was gone, replaced by crude jokes, B-rate sci-fi staples, a threadbare plot, and a tiresome sexist undertone. "But what about all the great special effects?" you ask. You mean all those close-in, trash compactor shots that looked like some kid running wild with mom's camcorder? Right... Seriously, all the modern Hollywood blockbusters have gigapixels of ILM oozing out of every frame. And most of them are lame. The original Star Wars looks more convincing, and they did it 30 years ago without the benefit of computer animation.

I consider this movie to be of the same calibre as Godzilla 2000. Actually, I take that back. Godzilla 2000 was considerably more entertaining. Heck, it even stayed true to the appearance and back story of the original, genuine Gojira. Michael Bay couldn't even figure out how to do that, let alone make a decent movie.
09.01.2009 - 07:03
Drop Out
Account deleted
I thought it was good.
09.01.2009 - 08:50
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
This movie sucks my CHOOOOOODE. Original cartoon and Beast Wars FTW
----
Coldgrits
09.01.2009 - 17:03
Hrothdane

I never saw the original cartoon, but I LOVED beast wars and beast machines. The power struggles, the internal politics, the great personalities, all of these are what made those shows great. Beast Wars was just wonderful: Dinobot trying to reconcile his evil tendencies with his obsession with personal honor, Silverbolt eventually winning Black Arachnia over with his knightly courting, Megatron constantly trying to keep a group of incapable/scheming/just-plain-stupid Predacons working for him, and who can forget Waspinator's ineptitude and Ratrap's constant joking commentary?

I think it helped that there weren't any humans around, which I think is where the movie failed. All the focus was on the humans, not on the transformers like it should be!
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
09.01.2009 - 23:11
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Hrothdane on 09.01.2009 at 17:03

I never saw the original cartoon, but I LOVED beast wars and beast machines. The power struggles, the internal politics, the great personalities, all of these are what made those shows great. Beast Wars was just wonderful: Dinobot trying to reconcile his evil tendencies with his obsession with personal honor, Silverbolt eventually winning Black Arachnia over with his knightly courting, Megatron constantly trying to keep a group of incapable/scheming/just-plain-stupid Predacons working for him, and who can forget Waspinator's ineptitude and Ratrap's constant joking commentary?

I think it helped that there weren't any humans around, which I think is where the movie failed. All the focus was on the humans, not on the transformers like it should be!

what about Pterasaur. (the pterodactyl) he death screamed when he transformed
----
Coldgrits
13.01.2009 - 13:42
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
http://www.superherohype.com/imageGallery/Transformers/Transformers_2/The_Movie/Posters/large/hr_Posters_1.jpg

EDIT: Image linking isn't working for me.
----
21.01.2009 - 03:29
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Elijah on 13.01.2009 at 13:42

http://www.superherohype.com/imageGallery/Transformers/Transformers_2/The_Movie/Posters/large/hr_Posters_1.jpg

EDIT: Image linking isn't working for me.

Hooooly cat...
----

23.07.2009 - 08:26
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
So what do you say about new Transformers? i havent seen first one, but find Revenge of the Fallen to be exact this kind of film i expected and wanted to see, so i am really satisfied
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

23.07.2009 - 08:40
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Ellrohir on 23.07.2009 at 08:26

So what do you say about new Transformers? i havent seen first one, but find Revenge of the Fallen to be exact this kind of film i expected and wanted to see, so i am really satisfied

Like I said earlier on the last movie you watch thread, I went to watch it today and loved it. Although it got kinda romanti-corny at some parts, it's what a movie should be like. You have great cars, lots of action, and Megan Fox. I don't know 'bout you guys, but that did it for me
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
23.07.2009 - 08:45
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
For me it did: jokes and quotes, Optimus Prime, music (especially the theme when Optimus *spoiler* (the scene in forest ) and then when the jets are starting from carrier) and spectacular effects...

trying to find logical mistakes in plot to proof how this movie is bad i find just stupid...expected "easy-to-watch" blockbuster and i got it
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

20.11.2009 - 06:54
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Ellrohir on 23.07.2009 at 08:45

For me it did: jokes and quotes, Optimus Prime, and spectacular effects...

trying to find logical mistakes in plot to proof how this movie is bad i find just stupid...expected "easy-to-watch" blockbuster and i got it

Totally second that, it's suposed to be a Blockbuster, not a cult movie.
----