Metal Storm logo
Top Gear

Original post

Posted by Powerslavex, 07.11.2008 - 14:18
If you are a fan of motor vehicles you must know about Top Gear, it's one of my favourite TV series, so I would like to know your opinion about the show!
13.01.2015 - 02:33
MetalDoomMaster

The special was pretty good. The landscapes make all the specials worth watching at least once. I really need to see the 918 vs P1 vs LaFerrari vs Koenigsegg in one episode right fucking now.
13.01.2015 - 16:27
krrrrebets
Account deleted
Written by AnGina-- on 31.12.2014 at 13:56

Any thoughts on Patagonia Special, chaps?

I really can't say anything because the ending was just too bloody shocking and it basically ruined all the fun moments. It was a fun episode though, but not in my top, if I look at all the specials.

Agreed. Wish it could have gone well in the end. I'm unfamiliar with all that historical background though. So not commenting on that.

Other than that Top Gear has always been a great entertaining show, even though a lot of it is staged (especially all these challenges) and it doesn't provide much useful knowledge. But most things they do are super fun and their chemistry is unbeatable. The US version is painful to watch compared to the original. And political incorrectness is superb as well.

I wish there were more watchable car shows.... Most are filled with stupid drama (American Chopper, Running West Coast Customs etc). My personal favorite is actually not Top Gear but Wheeler Dealers.
13.01.2015 - 19:38
CyberSymphony
Ollie
The Patagonia Special was the only thing I watched during the Xmas period, for some reason I always find Top Gear so compelling to watch.
14.01.2015 - 20:22
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by Guest on 13.01.2015 at 16:27

Other than that Top Gear has always been a great entertaining show, even though a lot of it is staged (especially all these challenges) and it doesn't provide much useful knowledge. But most things they do are super fun and their chemistry is unbeatable. The US version is painful to watch compared to the original. And political incorrectness is superb as well.

Exactly. It's an entertainment show and it should be perceived so. I don't mind staged mishaps or even the fact that the cars they present in news are something I won't be able to afford to buy & drive if I stop saving my pennies now and do so until the day I die, because I'm watching it for their comments, not cars per se. I only watched a bit of US on TV once, when I unfortunately came across it - out of curiostiy - and the chaps from US version don't even come near to the three great british men. They are just trying to be funny way to hard and that is dreadfully painful to watch. With Jezza, Slow and Hamster everything comes natural and they're not holding back and that's what I love.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
16.01.2015 - 00:15
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
I like the road trip episodes. saw the first half of Patagonia, doubly intrigued as i'll be going to both Bariloche and Ushuaia this coming year.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
21.01.2015 - 20:07
3rdWorld
China was a neat
I watched that An Evening With Top Gear live stream in youtube. It was worth it.
12.03.2015 - 23:45
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
I hate BBC right now.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
23.03.2015 - 15:09
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Well, this escalated quicky.
----
25.03.2015 - 20:31
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Ok, so this is the end of Top Gear as we know it. I'm deeply saddened firstly because the show is over (even if they do contuinue, who'd watch the rubbish without the holy trinity anyway?) and secondly, because I thought the 22nd season was a blast, I enjoyed it so much more that 21st season. I mean, the feature about Peugeot drivers was beyond hillarious (it was one of those "it's funny, because it's true" kind of thingies). I'm holding on to a hope that these three will somehow manage to get another show of a similar format and carry on.
----
25.03.2015 - 21:12
CyberSymphony
Ollie
Written by AnGina-- on 25.03.2015 at 20:31

Ok, so this is the end of Top Gear as we know it. I'm deeply saddened firstly because the show is over (even if they do contuinue, who'd watch the rubbish without the holy trinity anyway?) and secondly, because I thought the 22nd season was a blast, I enjoyed it so much more that 21st season. I mean, the feature about Peugeot drivers was beyond hillarious (it was one of those "it's funny, because it's true" kind of thingies). I'm holding on to a hope that these three will somehow manage to get another show of a similar format and carry on.

Yep, I just wished they'ed finish off the new season. I doubt Top Gear will continue with Jeremy Clarkson gone though. The Peugeot and the Ambulance episodes especially were just classic
25.03.2015 - 21:19
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by CyberSymphony on 25.03.2015 at 21:12

I doubt Top Gear will continue with Jeremy Clarkson gone though.

It won't, at least not in this format (as I said previously). May and Hammond refuse to shoot without him, I don't know how they will sort that out legal-wise though. So for now our only hope is another network picks them up and tries to do something similar. I really do rely on their strong bond or wanting to stick together and remain a trio on screen.

Written by CyberSymphony on 25.03.2015 at 21:12

The Peugeot and the Ambulance episodes especially were just classic

Oh yeah, the ambulance one was super as well!
----