Metal Storm logo
Easiest / hardest metal genre?

Original post

Posted by Powerslavex, 11.11.2008 - 18:53
The other day me and friends where debating which metal genre is the hardest to play, IMO Progressive is Technicaly the most difficult while Doom metal is ussually easy to play, so i would like to know your opinion, and correct me if i'm wrong!!
02.01.2010 - 17:44
Aristarchos

Written by Deadmeat on 31.05.2009 at 13:25

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.11.2008 at 19:11

And although people always seme to think that fast drumming is hard it is actually harder to drum extremely slow (like one beat every 6 seconds) and keep in time with the rest of the musicians.

bassically No. fast drumming needs exercize and also rhythm. slow drumming need more rhythm. it is not difficult.

also to be on topic, the difficult in music IMO generally is to write it, not to play it. playing music needs talent and exercize (50-50) when writing good music needs mainly talent...

I think exercise is much more important than talent when playing
02.01.2010 - 21:36
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Aristarchos on 02.01.2010 at 17:44

And although people always seme to think that fast drumming is hard it is actually harder to drum extremely slow (like one beat every 6 seconds) and keep in time with the rest of the musicians.

bassically No. fast drumming needs exercize and also rhythm. slow drumming need more rhythm. it is not difficult.

also to be on topic, the difficult in music IMO generally is to write it, not to play it. playing music needs talent and exercize (50-50) when writing good music needs mainly talent...

thats true. no one said the opposite.
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
02.01.2010 - 22:45
Immortal

The question is a no-brainer. Difficulty pretty much stems from speed so Doom Metal would be at one end of the scale with Technical Death at the other.
----
"Hope is the greatest of all evils, for it prolongs the torment of man." - Friedrich Nietzsche
03.01.2010 - 12:53
Aristarchos

Written by Deadmeat on 02.01.2010 at 21:36

Written by Aristarchos on 02.01.2010 at 17:44

thats true. no one said the opposite.

Wel, you said it was 50-50. I think it´s more of 80-90% exercise when playing, and 80-90% talent when writing, but you (usually) need some exercise even there.
04.01.2010 - 18:45
Panterica

I would say that prog-metal style Dream Theater is the hardest genre to handle, those crazy changing tempos can drive musician's mind.
----
Li'ed - Prog-Metal from Jerusalem
https://open.spotify.com/artist/7aZWDrAAvDSLMaSmDSE8zA
https://www.facebook.com/LiedBandMusic
http://lied-band.bandcamp.com/