Metal Storm logo
Mastodon - Vinyl Box Set Details, Guitarist Hospitalized

A collectors edition Mastodonvinyl box set is set to be issued on November 18th via Relapse Records. This box set will be a one-time pressing strictly limited to 1,000 copies and include nine 180-gram LP's encapsulating the legendary band's entire history of recordings.

The box set will be cased in a heavy duty, foil stamped black box and include the following:

* The vinyl pressing of Mastodon's '06 Reprise debut "Blood Mountain" on expanded double LP.
* The band's critically-acclaimed 2004 release "Leviathan", expanded to double LP.
* The band covers of "The Bit" (Melvins), "Emerald" (Thin Lizzy), and "Orion" (Metallica).
* A live record documenting the band's performance as part of the Relapse Contamination Festival in 2003. This LP is, and will remain, exclusive to this box set.
* The band's reissue of early recordings, "Call Of The Mastodon".
* The final vinyl pressing of the original "Lifesblood" recording.

The box set will also include an embroidered logo patch, a vinyl sticker set, as well as a custom Mastodon turntable mat. All of these items will be exclusive to this box set, never to appear outside of it.

In other news, Mastodon guitarist Bill Kelliher has apparently been hospitalized in London as of November 3rd, during the band's current European Unholy Alliance Chapter 3 package tour. Doctors will continue to monitor his condition which is improving at press time.

At the moment, Mastodon has decided to continue on the tour as a trio. Doctors and Bill Kelliher are hopeful that he will rejoin his bandmates in time for their headlining tour of Europe which begins November 30, in Utrecht, Holland and will end on December 7, at the All Tomorrow's Parties Festival in Somerset, England.

Source: relapse.com
Band profile: Mastodon
Posted: 13.11.2008 by ArtiA

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 92 users
13.11.2008 - 01:32
Arcesse Eum

Hah! That sucks...
----
As above, so below.
13.11.2008 - 02:43
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I wish they could tell use why he's injured
----
Coldgrits
13.11.2008 - 09:40
Shadowcross
The Summoner
'European Unholy Alliance Chapter 3' lol how gay is that...

If i was there i'd pull the plug on him.
13.11.2008 - 11:46
Firaga

Written by Shadowcross on 13.11.2008 at 09:40

Let's pull the plug on the guitarrist of one of the best Bands that exists.....That will do the trick
13.11.2008 - 18:47
Newfie_Metal

I'd love to have one of those boxsets. Anyway, hopefully Bill is feeling better soon.
14.11.2008 - 01:05
Arcticus

That's a fucking horrible thing to say, sure you're entitled to dislike the band for whatever reason but jesus christ, maybe someone should pull the plug on you. idiot
14.11.2008 - 01:16
Symmachus

First off, he's not in a coma. Second, the news didn't even say he was in critical condition. Third, it's the hospital's job to take care of Bill; if they would pull the plug, they would probably be frowned upon and be the target of anger a lot.
14.11.2008 - 09:50
Shadowcross
The Summoner
Hahaha.
14.11.2008 - 18:20
Thought.
A Dying God
Good hard working band. can't wait for the vinyls. I loved Leviathan a lot!
as for this little powder puff tutu wearing conversation about feelings we're having because of ShadowCross...

Written by Shadowcross on 14.11.2008 at 09:50

Hahaha.

exactly
----
There is no God but the one that dies with me. I have no life but the one I take with me to the grave. We come into this world alone. And we will die on our own. I live. I die. Ain Elohim.

Hits total: 8400 | This month: 7