Metal Storm logo
A Terrible Metal Tragedy... what are some of yours?

Original post

Posted by -DC-002-, 14.11.2008 - 19:06
Has anything happened to you involving metal that is just generally shameful, sad, or downright bad.

One of my examples is.... A few of my CD's were recently stolen from me.
At The Gates - Slaughter of The Soul
Satyricon - Dark Medieval Times,
Agalloch - Ashes Against the Grain
Immortal - Damed in Black and Diabolical Full Moon Mysticism
Dark Tranquillity - Haven, Fiction, and The Minds Eye
Wintersun - Wintersun
and the worst one of all because its gonna be so hard for me to get a new one.... Windir - 1184

I am and was VERY pissed off...
06.01.2012 - 03:19
lordchadi

I cant remember any heavy tragedy except one time my Hard Disk get bad sector & didnt want to work again & i lost more than 15 giga byte of metal mp3 .... after i wake up from this shock i tried to recollect my mp3's again on the new HD it took some times but i now have all wat i need
06.01.2012 - 18:26
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I think objectively the biggest loss the metal world ever suffered is the death of Randy Rhoads.

At a time when metal still was pretty much "the music that smelly introverted kid in class listens to", he was one of the first real metal guitar heroes and helped create some of the masterpieces on the first 2 Ozzy albums like Crazy Train or Mr Crowley, with the amazing solo's and unmistakable riffs. Imo he would have probably got worldwide recognition for his skills and talent and probably go on to create even more awesome metal.
05.06.2012 - 22:14
1Yossarian1

I live in South Africa, and very few metal bands ever tour here, so when In Flames announced a tour to SA for the beginning of this year i was incredibly excited even though i knew they wouldn't play anything off their earlier albums. They headlined a festival that occurs once a year which has a slightly metal-ly hard rock vibe, nothing else on the bill was really worth getting excited for, but i happily paid over my cash, because seeing any metal band live is a really big deal for me. Anyway, cutting a long story short, in an attempt to get a nice buzz going i decided to single handily drink three quarters of a bottle of tequila, and ended up being blackout drunk by 6pm, resulting in me passed out in my tent having missed In Flames. I dont know whether my story is really that tragic, i guess it is kinda more stupid then tragic, but anyway....
09.06.2012 - 17:11
Timmeh
Dudeman
Well when Alcest played in Brisbane not too long ago, the bastards at the Globe Theatre kicked them out 3/4 of the way through their set basically because it was finishing up time. Needless to say the fans were ready to riot and I heard Neige cried, a tragedy indeed.
08.03.2016 - 20:42
Enteroctopus

Missed Carach Angren in Oklahoma City!!

Epic fail for me.
09.03.2016 - 05:17
soho_dj

I was very drunk at Long Beach Arena in the mid 80s and missed out on being in Maiden's "Live After Death" video. You can see my mates and you can see an empty space between them which was me on the floor! Anytime I see that video the disappointment haunts me still!
09.03.2016 - 13:19
Jtbmetal123

I have so many, but the first one that comes to mind is when my dad left me and my mom and sister he took all my metal dvds that I paid for. I was so so so so so pissed. I had a great collection. Even some rare and signed stuff.
07.06.2016 - 20:10
SolemnBastion

Not really a tragedy - more so a regret: never having seen Dissection play live..
----
SOLEMN BASTION (distro) is an ADVOCATE of LEFT HAND PATH and OBSCURE art, based out of the Benelux.

https://solemnbastion.wordpress.com/
https://www.facebook.com/Solemn-Bastion-448330452029415/
http://solemnbastion.tumblr.com/
08.06.2016 - 10:42
Ganondox

Does Mustaine canceling his Australian tour count?
08.06.2016 - 11:12
Warman
Erotic Stains
Sonisphere 2010. Heaven & Hell is replaced (for obvious reasons) with Hammerfall... Never saw Dio live.

Sonisphere 2014. Metallica lets the ticket holders decide the setlist. Ends up with an ordinary Metallica setlist. I voted for obscure shit they've never played live or stuff I thought I'd never see live.

Summer 2006 (I think). Shining cancel their swedish tour. To this day they still haven't played in their home country (at least not near Stockholm), except for some festival appearances.

Must've been winter '04 or '05. Me and my best friend sat by the computer listening to Nightwish. We had always mocked that opera shit before. Now our friend was at their Stockholm show, so we thought we would give Nightwish another chance and played some songs. This time we loved it, today the Tarja era of Nightwish is in my top five favourite bands. So why was that cold winter night so many years ago such a tragedy? It would be Tarja's last tour...
----
17.06.2016 - 22:30
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Listening to Lulu and a Waking The Cadaver album.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
07.07.2016 - 01:45
ADIresiduos

My metal tragedy took place several years ago, when I was starting a band with a friend; back then we only had a guitar, bass, mics and amps. We were rehearsing one day when all of a sudden we started to smell smoke..... and there it was!! smoke coming out of both our amps!! a power surge cooked our amps! the only ones we had!
Damn!! that was an awful day..... hahaha
Our project was left on stand-by for several months, until we were able to buy new amps, only this time we made sure we get proper electrical protection for it... lesson learned.
Eventually we did have a three piece band and went on for three years playing in our local area, recorded at least one original song from several we had and had a great time!