Jeff Loomis - Nevermore
Kirk Hammett - Metallica
Jeff Waters - Annihilator
Angus Young - AC/DC

Total votes: 217
15.11.2008 - 09:11
Barbaydos
Account deleted
I've had this argument with a couple of my friends already but with no success as to who is the overall best so i'll put it you guys. out of these guitarists who do you guys think is the best. i think that Jeff Waters from annihilator is the best for his riff and solo work, but dave mustaine and angus young are really good as well i reckon.
15.11.2008 - 09:25
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I guess Jeff Loomis...definetly the two Jeffs from Annihilator and Nevermore over the other ones...
15.11.2008 - 09:32
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 15.11.2008 at 09:11

I've had this argument with a couple of my friends already but with no success as to who is the overall best so i'll put it you guys. out of these guitarists who do you guys think is the best. i think that Jeff Waters from annihilator is the best for his riff and solo work, but dave mustaine and angus young are really good as well i reckon.

Im a little bit confused, if your trying to decide which out of those is best, whats the other category for?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
15.11.2008 - 09:46
Barbaydos
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 15.11.2008 at 09:32

Im a little bit confused, if your trying to decide which out of those is best, whats the other category for?

Because while i want to find out who is the best from the guys already up there i also want to find out who other people think are better than the guys i ve suggested Example, my friend said that Sam Totman was the best but i don't think so, so i havn't put him up but other might like him etc. and so thats why ive got the other up there
15.11.2008 - 09:48
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 15.11.2008 at 09:46

Because while i want to find out who is the best from the guys already up there i also want to find out who other people think are better than the guys i ve suggested Example, my friend said that Sam Totman was the best but i don't think so, so i havn't put him up but other might like him etc. and so thats why ive got the other up there

Well...I think a "best guitarist ever" thread has been created already which kind of makes this one obsolete....

I'll answer anyways, 3 words: Michael Angelo Batio.
----
- George Carlin
15.11.2008 - 09:54
Barbaydos
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 15.11.2008 at 09:48

Written by Guest on 15.11.2008 at 09:46

Well...I think a "best guitarist ever" thread has been created already which kind of makes this one obsolete....

Okay let me explain this is not a best guitarist ever list, the other catagory is up there fr anyone who thinks that some else is better then the current list, if i was gnna put a best guitarist ever list up i would have called it the best guitarist ever. I just asked people to decide who is the best out of the current and they can add another person up there if they wish to.
15.11.2008 - 10:02
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 15.11.2008 at 09:54

Okay let me explain this is not a best guitarist ever list, the other catagory is up there fr anyone who thinks that some else is better then the current list, if i was gnna put a best guitarist ever list up i would have called it the best guitarist ever. I just asked people to decide who is the best out of the current and they can add another person up there if they wish to.

Well yeah, but as long as that "other" choice is up there, nobody is going to choose from your list, unless they think that one you put up is the greatest guitarist ever. So in other words, the thread is pretty pointless because I do believe another "greatest guitarist" poll already exists.
----
- George Carlin
15.11.2008 - 10:24
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Dr. Rock has got the point. And gosh. how many guitarist threads do we... and man, as soon as you have voted in Jeff Loomis vs Jeff Waters thread, you create this one and vote for Waters again. And if your friend talked about Sam Totman, why isn't he on the list?
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
16.11.2008 - 03:18
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I'll ignore the other option.

I voted for Jeff Loomis, but it was hard deciding between him and Dave Mustaine. They both seem to have a similar knowledge about guitars, but Loomis has been more consistent in his songwriting, so far at least. I've watched a bunch of Youtube videos with both guitarists explaining their technique, showing how to play it, and even giving insight on how they invented certain things, and it was pretty impressive. Jeff Loomis' solos on his seven-string are pretty insane too.

BTW for what it's worth, I wouldn't mind seeing many "best guitarist" threads as long as the choices are at least slightly different, with no "other" option.
16.11.2008 - 06:50
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Dangerboner on 16.11.2008 at 03:18

^ True; because the name of poll is who is better guitarist? It doesn't mean that chose your favorite guitarist or who the best guitarist ever?

I chose Darrell (R.I.P.) because I enjoyed the style of his playing, and I consider him as a genius guitarist. So I chose him over other people on this poll.

Naming my own favorite guitarists (again):
1. Blasphemer
2. Jack Owen
3. Adam Jones
4. Jason Truby
5. Marc Rizzo
6. Tom Morello
7. Ricardo Amorim
16.11.2008 - 19:08
Hellish Star
The best guitar players are not in this list

-Yngwie Malmsteen
-Tony Macalpine
-Jason Becker
-Marty Friedman
-Glenn Drover
-Rustey Cooley
-Jerry Abarca
-Chris Broderick
-Michael Schenker
-Geoff Thorpe
-Gary Moore
-Vinnie Moore
-John Norum
-Jake E.Lee
-Randy Rhoads
-Chris Allen
-Joe Satraini
-Steve Vai
-Patrick Rondat
-James Murphy
-Chuck Shuldiner
-Chris Demargo
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
17.11.2008 - 01:37
Nightmare^
Stupid polls strike again. "out of these guitarists who do you guys think is the best"..FFS, why's the "other" option available then? Anyway, out of these guys, i'd pick any of the Jeffs. Waters IMO is a better guitarist, but Loomis has a more aggressive style which i like more. Can;t choose ;p
----
21.11.2008 - 01:01
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Dave Mustaine of course...
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
17.12.2008 - 23:49
stygian
Written by Hamird on 16.11.2008 at 06:50

Written by Dangerboner on 16.11.2008 at 03:18

^ True; because the name of poll is who is better guitarist? It doesn't mean that chose your favorite guitarist or who the best guitarist ever?

I chose Darrell (R.I.P.) because I enjoyed the style of his playing, and I consider him as a genius guitarist. So I chose him over other people on this poll.

Naming my own favorite guitarists (again):
1. Blasphemer
2. Jack Owen
3. Adam Jones
4. Jason Truby
5. Marc Rizzo
6. Tom Morello
7. Ricardo Amorim

yeah Blasphemer!!! i really like his playing, voted for Dimebag too R.I.P
22.12.2008 - 17:49
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
I voted other, because that guy from Symphony X is just absolutely awesome, that band has the best solos in the world, really.
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
26.12.2008 - 12:30
Hellkommando
Reb Beach from Winger is a quality guitarist who is quite underrated in my opinion.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=KWGQWu6mSWM
----

Formerly Desolate Gale
08.01.2009 - 12:17
SilenceOfMystery
Account deleted
To be honest i appreciate the work of all Iron Maiden guitarists.
08.01.2009 - 15:32
Wonderlost
Account deleted
I don't know who is the "best", I know who I like the most, and that's Darrel.
13.01.2009 - 14:33
giok99
Vote other, but can't get one, favorite are Satriani, Petrucci, Adrian Smith, André Olbrich and Mike Oldfield.
----
Nothing is real
15.01.2009 - 05:42
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Well to me just the fact that someone can play guitar doesnt mean shit. I voted other, for Jari Maenpaa not only because hes a great guitarist but his songwriting is amazing as well.
22.02.2009 - 12:04
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I like the most Luca Turilli, Emppu Vuorinen and Jens Ludwig...but since i am not guitar player, i cant really compare skills and only fix to their appearance and the music they play, so...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

16.03.2009 - 23:11
BuzzPhil
In the choices you give me, I think Dimebag Darrell is definitevely the best one. And Angus Young is not a great guitarist, I personally think he is the one with the less talent in your poll choices. I don't think he's not a good guitarist, I just think that he's not a great one. That's my opinion.
17.03.2009 - 00:35
ToMegaTherion
From your list I would have to say Dimebag Darrell dispite the fact I'm not a Pantera fan in the least, I just can't help but have a great deal of respect for the guy as a guitarist. He is very good at what he dose/did.

RIP.

In saying that Dave Mustaine would be a close second for me.
17.03.2009 - 07:41
His Eminence
Account deleted
Quote:
Written by Azrael on 22.02.2009 at 11:58

i agree with that
i think that Michael Angelo Batio is the greatist guitarist for ever
by the way i voted for kirk

I appreciate Michael Angelo Batio's music and talent, but I'd consider John Petrucci to be a better guitarist in my opinion. Batio's style gets a little too repetitive for me.
20.03.2009 - 21:57
metalhead3
I voted for kirk hammet,but my favourite is Joe Satriani
30.03.2009 - 01:18
Jonnz of Steel
Written by Hellkommando on 26.12.2008 at 12:30

Reb Beach from Winger is a quality guitarist who is quite underrated in my opinion.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=KWGQWu6mSWM

Yeah man Reb (and Winger, for that matter) is totally killer.

From this list though i'm gonna have to go for Mustaine, love all of his stuff (except Cryptic Writings), but Darrel is a close second, although to me he'll always be Diamond Darrel.
02.04.2009 - 02:09
BuzzPhil
Written by metalhead3 on 20.03.2009 at 21:57

I voted for kirk hammet,but my favourite is Joe Satriani

Yeah... Joe Satriani is a big one!! I agree! He have a big influence. He was the Teacher of Steve Vai, Kirk Hammett, Alex Skolnick and Larry Lalonde. He's one of my favorites too.
28.04.2009 - 02:40
GULCH OF ROT
Dimebag was on top of his game
----
AND ON THE 7TH DAY THE GULCH BEGAN TO ROT

http://www.myspace.com/gulchofrot
08.05.2009 - 18:51
symbolic727
For me it is Chuck Schuldiner all the way the man is my hero amzing riffs and solos and having his own sound that still has never been fully emulated besause no one can do what he did.
03.06.2009 - 22:50
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
For me from those mentioned jeff loomis is the best by far...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!