Metal Storm logo
Ensiferum - Vocalist To Sit Out Russian Shows

Ensiferum have posted the following announcement directed at their Russian fans:

"Petri Lindroos is not able to perform at our shows in Russia due to serious illness. We all hope for speedy recovery for him in coming weeks. Cancellation was not an option to us because we dont want to let you guys down and possible new dates would have been far in future. Luckily we were able to get ex-member Jukka-Pekka Miettinen to play guitar for these shows and vocals will be growled by Sami Hinkka.

We are truly looking forward for these special shows and the evening will be a blast with you guys! See you in Moscow and St. Petersburg!"

15.11.08 Russia, Moscow, Tochka club
16.11.08 Russia, St.Petersburg, Orlandina Club

Source: ensiferum.com
Band profile: Ensiferum
Event: Ensiferum: Russian Mini Tour
Posted: 15.11.2008 by cimmerian

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 23   Visited by: 234 users
15.11.2008 - 16:53
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Thats not good. I hope Petri is feeling better soon. It would be interesting to see Sami perform all the growls though.
----
Coldgrits
15.11.2008 - 17:02
amarchand

Damn, that sucks, hope petri gets well soon. they're lucky to have found a replacement, i was hoping to read that it was ex-member jari mäenpää though hahaha
15.11.2008 - 17:28
Arcesse Eum

Get jari Maenpaa back????
----
As above, so below.
15.11.2008 - 17:36
Janne
Hugin
Those shows will be awesome! I love Sami's voice (too). though I don't understand why a finnish folk metal band plays in russia...
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
15.11.2008 - 17:58
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by Janne on 15.11.2008 at 17:36

Those shows will be awesome! I love Sami's voice (too). though I don't understand why a finnish folk metal band plays in russia...

Why not?
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
15.11.2008 - 18:01
Janne
Hugin
Written by Promonex on 15.11.2008 at 17:58

Why not?

I thought all finns hate russia and I can understand them after those wars between them.
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
15.11.2008 - 18:06
DrakarD

Janne, I will let the cat out of the bag: Spb and Moscow are at a short distance from Finland. Can't say the same about Hungary. Btw Finland was a part ot Russian Empire and Hungary was a part of The Osman Empire... soooo... different mentality=)) and Russia still has some amount of money. Doubt whether Hungary has. Uncivilized to talk like that? I guess so. But that's retaliatory reply.
----
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
15.11.2008 - 18:12
DrakarD

Hahaha! don't put all the eggs in one trouser leg. Austro-Hungarian Empire and the Osman Empire had hundreds of wars... so what? you think that the whole world hates you? bullshit! don't mix history, politics and metal! and better read some book in order not to show your crass ignorance in future
----
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
15.11.2008 - 18:38
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by Janne on 15.11.2008 at 18:01

Why not?

I thought all finns hate russia and I can understand them after those wars between them.

And all Frenchies hate Germans. Yet Rammstein still plays to sold out venues in France. It's the old people who still give a damn about some wars 60 years ago, but for today's generation it's all just about the music. Even Impaled Nazarene have played in Russia already and they tend to be quite nationalistic in their lyrics.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
15.11.2008 - 22:02
thesabbathfan

Written by Arcesse Eum on 15.11.2008 at 17:28

Get jari Maenpaa back????

well chances are he's still busy with Wintersun

but that would be awesome if he could
----
16.11.2008 - 01:06
FeskarN

I don't think Jari will return to Ensiferum because he is quite busy with Wintersun all the time. Hope Petri gets better!
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
16.11.2008 - 01:30
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
Written by amarchand on 15.11.2008 at 17:02

Damn, that sucks, hope petri gets well soon. they're lucky to have found a replacement, i was hoping to read that it was ex-member jari mäenpää though hahaha

haha yeh, thatd be sweet
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
16.11.2008 - 02:12
Symmachus

I hope Petri Lindroos gets better soon.
16.11.2008 - 03:27
kaylamacgavin

Written by BurbotsRevenge on 16.11.2008 at 01:30

haha yeh, thatd be sweet

Now that would be fucking glorious, unfortunately Jari is soo busy trying to complete Time
16.11.2008 - 06:23
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
Written by kaylamacgavin on 16.11.2008 at 03:27

Written by BurbotsRevenge on 16.11.2008 at 01:30

haha yeh, thatd be sweet

Now that would be fucking glorious, unfortunately Jari is soo busy trying to complete Time

yeh, i guess i'd prefer him to work on Time, so we get to hear it sometime in the next decade
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
16.11.2008 - 07:27
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
@Russian fans:
I wouldn't be too worried, when I saw them a month or so ago they were somewhat disapointing, and they had a really bad setlist. So I doubt it would make too much of a difference either way.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
16.11.2008 - 09:32
Newfie_Metal

Shitty, hopefully he's ok.
16.11.2008 - 10:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

Why not?

Man thats one of stupidest reason what I hear , yes hate ''politics'' not music, yes thay stole Karelia but its past and let thay do ''hate'' (or maybe you mix whit dislike)think in ice hockey prove who's strontgest, but music, its music and many bands go play to Russia, there meny fans many metalheads who wnat see bands live, and moust of those metalhead probobly hate political shit
Of all hepens like you sad then why Arkona goes in shows in Europa, you know going in otherside of iron curtain is crime, leave post east block is crime , so .... if all hepens like you sad then you say then there be totaly shit in music world
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.11.2008 - 10:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Promonex on 15.11.2008 at 18:38

Why not?

And all Frenchies hate Germans. Yet Rammstein still plays to sold out venues in France. It's the old people who still give a damn about some wars 60 years ago, but for today's generation it's all just about the music. Even Impaled Nazarene have played in Russia already and they tend to be quite nationalistic in their lyrics.

France and Germany are diferent you boat criate EU, even comies stoll part of Germany and one part stil is not given beck, he meant thinks from old red deasise days , its hard to explain since its to diferebnt here and there ,
IN us far I kmow non of music band has not been attacked nowhere , and those fans who listen nazionalistic bands are nazies them selfs, thay dont care much
His post was weird, and not understandible at all
If hepens what he says then Onslaught shood not play in Manchester and Kosats from Pantheist shood not talk whit me at all because my old avatar and user name
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.11.2008 - 11:57
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Lame. serious illness is never fun
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
16.11.2008 - 20:39
Helka Hith

haha, exactly what i was thinking as i read the news
----
In Colombia, Metal listens to you
<< www.myspace.com/traceofblood
16.11.2008 - 21:27
Elio
Red Nightmare
Serious illness?
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
17.11.2008 - 03:18
Warman
Erotic Stains
To bad, but it will probably be special shows for those there. I kinda envy them.
----

Hits total: 4244 | This month: 5