Metal Storm logo
Searching for communist metal

Original post

Posted by Uller, 17.11.2008 - 01:20
Hi i wanna know if there are some communist metal bands. the only that i know is Master from Russia. I looking for bands with communist lyrical themes not anti-communism but pro communism. I dont mind the gender but i'd prefer melodic death.
29.01.2009 - 00:32
Hyvaarin

Metal is about wild individuality, communism is the political idea of the collective before the individual.

Does not compute.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
29.01.2009 - 23:00
Fhuesc

Written by Hyvaarin on 29.01.2009 at 00:32

Metal is about wild individuality, communism is the political idea of the collective before the individual.

Does not compute.

Metal is just a musical genre, therefor, doesn't have an established ideology, it can be about anything, even cooking recipes.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
29.01.2009 - 23:44
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Fhuesc on 29.01.2009 at 23:00

Does not compute.

...it can be about anything, even cooking recipes.

Yep, Tool - Die Eier Von Satan

and Master Of Reality has a song about how to make proper tea.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.01.2009 - 02:24
Hyvaarin

Does not compute.

Metal is just a musical genre, therefor, doesn't have an established ideology, it can be about anything, even cooking recipes.

I realise that metal cannot be defined concretely, but surely you can see that certain attitudes and values work better with metal's aesthetic characteristics than others. Yes?
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
01.02.2009 - 05:43
selken
Irreligious
Written by Hyvaarin on 30.01.2009 at 02:24

Does not compute.

I realise that metal cannot be defined concretely, but surely you can see that certain attitudes and values work better with metal's aesthetic characteristics than others. Yes?

I think that applied in the begginigs of metal

Like everything, metal has evolved, and the most clear example of variety is the existence of both Christian and Satanic themed metal.

By the way The people, united will never get defeated!!!! Popular revolution!!!!
----
01.02.2009 - 07:10
Captain Renor
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 26.01.2009 at 17:45

Why on EARTH would you want to listen to communist metal?? lol Out of all lyrical themes at your disposal you want to listen to something as oppressive and terrible and inhumane as that? *shakes head*

i thought it sounded pretty stupid too, till you put it that way. Now i kinda want to find some
11.06.2010 - 22:17
busta5000
Account deleted
I thought communism sucked why would people wanna listen to Communism metal. Its like people wanna listen to religious metal!!!!!
12.10.2010 - 20:25
miklagard

Hey comrade, communism doesn't suck as different from how people think, probably they have no idea what is communism...

A red band from Russia:
Мракобесие - Катиешуа (Mrakovesia - Katieshua)

http://www.kendincos.net/video-trvdhvv-communist-black-metal-----.html
13.10.2010 - 14:57
infernalius

Sepultura are the most close band to "communist Metal" that i am aware of, or at least a very "anti-capitalist" themed band ... In the albuns after Max left mostly ...
13.10.2010 - 19:12
Zuzuz0r

A few months ago I saw on Last.FM a genre called RABM, which is Red and Anarchist Black Metal, pretty much the opposite to NSBM, it made me lol.
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
10.02.2011 - 14:14
ForeverDarkWoods

Ah, I was looking for this topic because I found something strange. Apparently Falconer had a japanese bonus track on one of their albums which is a cover of En Kungens Man, written by Björn Afzelius. It's a Swedish communist anthem, more or less.

Lol, maybe Falconer aren't such bad blokes after all.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
10.02.2011 - 20:33
Vombatus
Potorro
Don't know if there is pure comunist metal where they go "Hail Stalin, bougeoisie to the goulaaaag!" (like it would be the case in it's opposite, NSBM) but there is a bunch of anarchist/leftist bands... just by googling you find a few. Black Trinity (greek one) is pretty good, for example.

For anti-comunist stuff, Victimizer's Communist Crusher has some ridiculously fun lyrics
15.02.2011 - 19:15
Bleeding angel

Just go to the Kypck myspace page and you can listen to as much communist stuff you want..

Personally,it's been a very favourite band but not for the conception but more cause of their style.These guys are finnish but

they sing in russian,which is quite a challenge!I love the sounding of the russian in their songs cause it is kind of close

to my own language.That's it.Enjoy it of you can.
15.02.2011 - 20:22
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
There is a french black band N.K.V.D. that sings about dictators (not only Stalin and comrades but also Hitler etc.)...but i dunno if their lyrics are "pro", "neutral" or "con"...but anyway it is stuff worth listening
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

15.02.2011 - 23:33
ForeverDarkWoods

Written by Guest on 15.02.2011 at 20:17

Does not compute.

Agreed. It's mostly about individuality (especially Black metal).

Metal isn't about anything. It's a music style. Metal is about metal (as in, the music), and the stuff that isn't (only relying on stupid gimmicks and so on) is false.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
16.02.2011 - 16:12
Iriki

Written by Vombatus on 10.02.2011 at 20:33

Don't know if there is pure comunist metal where they go "Hail Stalin, bougeoisie to the goulaaaag!" (like it would be the case in it's opposite, NSBM) but there is a bunch of anarchist/leftist bands... just by googling you find a few. Black Trinity (greek one) is pretty good, for example.

There is a Acronym for that: RABM (Red and Anarchist BM). This should be the start point for the search.
16.02.2011 - 16:21
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.01.2009 at 23:44

UND KEINE EIER!

Edit: I should check out that tea song there...
----
16.02.2011 - 18:41
Malevolent-Jim

Does not compute.

Black metal was more or less established as an attack on Christianity, which is in fact an ideology.
19.02.2011 - 15:41
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Malevolent-Jim on 16.02.2011 at 18:41

Does not compute.

Black metal was more or less established as an attack on Christianity, which is in fact an ideology.

Not really. Venom started it as a joke and were not to be taken seriously. And the second wave like Mayhem started it cause they were fed up with the way death metal had turned with band not sounding raw any more and wearing sneakers.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.08.2016 - 00:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Here you go comrade

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/PunaTerrori/3540415155
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.09.2016 - 12:28
FOOCK Nam

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.01.2009 at 23:44

Does not compute.

...it can be about anything, even cooking recipes.

and Master Of Reality has a song about how to make proper tea.

Master of reality, nice band name or album ill check soon!