06. Over Your Head [feat. Marcus Viana]
07. Fairy Tale [feat. Marcus Viana]
08. Blind Spell
09. Ritual
10. Sign Of The Cross [Avantasia cover] [feat. Tobias Sammet & Sascha Paeth]
11. Pride [Feat. Tobias Sammet & Sascha Paeth]
12. Eagle Fly Free [Helloween cover] [feat. Andi Deris & Michael Weikath]
+ Carry On [multimedia] [Angra cover]

"Ritualive" is the first live album of the "new" band of Angra's former members Andre Matos, Luis Mariutti and Ricardo Confessori with in addition Luis' brother, Hugo Mariutti as a guitar player. After their first album "Ritual", the band come with this Live album recorded in São Paulo on April 5th, 2003.

The first thing I can say is that this album has in fact the same track list as the studio album "Ritual". Excepted the great cover from Helloween [with Andi Deris and Michael Weikath as guests] "Eagle Fly Free" and the song "Sign Of The Cross" from Avantasia [with Tobias Sammet] this live album is the same as their first one.
Then maybe we can wonder why the band has done that and if it's really a good thing to do a live album after only one studio album? Well, personally I really don't know what I can say about that, and I will not try to answer that question, to that [marketing?] concept? Why? Well maybe just because the only answer could come from "Ritualive". "Ritual" was a really good album, but we see here that Shaman is also a great live band. Not hard when you are guys who formed and played a lot of time with Angra before, but this live album is so excellent that maybe it's not a bad thing to have it today.

A great and powerful sound, an excellent crowd, which sings with the band on all the songs, a ton of guest musicians with the guys of Shaman [who were just perfect and excellent this night] and a lot of great songs [you already know that if you know Shaman's first album] are the ingredients of that new album. And believe me, this live album is just really good, to such an extent that we can wonder if this album is not better than the studio's one. Because yes Shaman and then "Ritual" are made to play on stage, and well I'm not against that when I listen this album

Excepted the fact that we only have "one" album on this live, I can also regret the fact that the Angra's song "Carry On" is only a Multimedia bonus track. Ok it's a real good thing to see the song in video but why not as a real song on the CD too Just too bad?

At the end, I will really advise this album, to all fans of Metal, to fans of Shaman of course and even to fans of Angra. This is a real great production, very true, really moving and even if it's strange to do such a live after one unique studio album, I think that we can buy this album, because it's a good one, and because the true metal fan that you are can't be disappointed by it. No doubt that after their first great album, the guys of Shaman show us that they are also a great band on stage. If you have any doubt about this band, you'll see with that release that you are totally wrong. For sure they are great, and I'm already waiting for the new album, which will be released this year.

Written by Jeff | 16.03.2004

Comments

Comments: 6   Visited by: 17 users
03.07.2006 - 01:54
Pianoman
Account deleted
I can't find this DVD here in Chile. It's so difficoult to find a good music store of metal here in Chile. The music shops only have Metallica, Iron Maiden and with lucky you will Megadeth and Nightwish.:(
I found a Music shop of Metal but they don't have the DVD. So I will have to download it.
02.09.2006 - 04:19
Cloud Strife
Account deleted
Great Pianoman

I hope you pardon me but it's one, or THE best DVD I have.

Even they have just 1 album, the Dvd is simply a luxury
06.09.2006 - 01:51
Pianoman
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 02.09.2006 at 04:19

Great Pianoman

I hope you pardon me but it's one, or THE best DVD I have.

Even they have just 1 album, the Dvd is simply a luxury

Now I want to have it more!!!
Shaaman is my favourite band they music totally rox and in live perfomances too.
26.09.2006 - 07:03
Cloud Strife
Account deleted
Really.

And the best in this is Andreas Deris + Andre Matos singing Eagle Fly Free...
Perfect.

But for now there's only one problem: what is happening with the band? Some say that the end of the band has arrived. But the band haven't confirmed nothing.
Some say they'll be back in november.
I think (and hope) that in november they'll be back
14.06.2009 - 05:14
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
The Marcus Viana participation was better than I've imagined.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
20.06.2009 - 16:42
Rating: 10
BlankFile

What a live! Full of energy, emotion, and magic.

Hits total: 6339 | This month: 11