Metal Storm logo
Wolfmother

20.11.2008 - 10:54
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I was reading this topics and I never saw one about Wolfmother. So here it is. Personally, I have their "Wolfmother" album, as far as I know it's the only one they released so far. Based on that album I can say they like Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath a lot.

It's an interesting band and I look forward to their new album. So, let's hear your opinions about this Aussies.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
20.11.2008 - 11:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know this abnd, I had seen video, it remainds me 60's 70's but soemhow I didnt like it, those days people drink alcohol, not pretendet thay drinking, this band, I can listen it but after 5 times I will trow CD in corner, how lsiten it again, but I never will do it whit Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.11.2008 - 12:55
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by BloodTears on 20.11.2008 at 10:54

I was reading this topics and I never saw one about Wolfmother. So here it is. Personally, I have their "Wolfmother" album, as far as I know it's the only one they released so far. Based on that album I can say they like Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath a lot.

It's an interesting band and I look forward to their new album. So, let's hear your opinions about this Aussies.

Well they won't be releasing anything any more cause they split up.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.11.2008 - 14:07
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.11.2008 at 12:55

Really? That's awful news...

They did such a good record I think and now they wasted all that!
----

My Instagram
20.11.2008 - 14:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 20.11.2008 at 14:07

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.11.2008 at 12:55

Really? That's awful news...

They did such a good record I think and now they wasted all that!

IMO such bands are good for one record, nowdays if you dont wanna eb underground all lief you cant play free music otherwise nobody wont buy it
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.11.2008 - 14:12
BloodTears
ANA-thema
It's a shame and they weren't exactly underground, they had a couple of sucessful singles so I thought they were growing.

Unfortunately not.
----

My Instagram
20.11.2008 - 16:37
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Wolfmother were actually really big and had top 40 hit singles. SO like Bloodtears said "they weren't exactly underground" But they wer more liked in the alternative music scene than in the metal scene
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.11.2008 - 11:10
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Yes, they are not linked to the metal scene although their style of rock could attract metal fans as well.

But judging by the answers of this thread, it did do much for most people lol
----

My Instagram
04.05.2011 - 16:58
Nefarious
Doom Knight
Wow resurrecting an old thread here

Well since the last post they have reformed & released a new album & are currently working on their third.

I'm surprised not more metal fans are into them considering their obvious Black Sabbath / Led Zeppelin influences. Personally i think they are great. Saw them live in Wollongong, Australia when they were doing the uni circuit before their success took off with the release of their debut album & been following them ever since.
----
"FUCK!!! You're the fucking 5th person asking me in an interview about the woman in the bathtub?The problem is that I AM the fucking person in the bathtub, and I AM a fucking MAN, for fuck's sake! I hate you all!" ~ Herr Morbid
05.05.2011 - 14:22
Timm O)))

I kinda like Wolfmother, nothing too special for me though...
IMO they're one of the bands in the genre that exists today that got out of the underground and into the mainstream.
I'm gonna see them live in my hometown next month. Since they're playing there anyway, why not buy a ticket? ^^
I'm sure it's gonna be a cool show, i just hope the audience isn't gonna be too annoying...
06.05.2011 - 16:49
Doom Trooper

I love their first album. When It came out I use to listen to it non stop. Their second one didn't quite hit me as hard. Im not sure why, maybe it just never clicked. Hopefully this new one they are working on will be great, I am looking forward to it.
13.06.2011 - 07:09
Grum

These guys are pretty huge in Australia, practically everyone knows about them. Their debut is one of my favourites (first album I ever bought) but the second wasn't as good, didn't sound as raw.
01.08.2011 - 12:14
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Nefarious on 04.05.2011 at 16:58

Wow resurrecting an old thread here

Well since the last post they have reformed & released a new album & are currently working on their third.

I'm surprised not more metal fans are into them considering their obvious Black Sabbath / Led Zeppelin influences. Personally i think they are great. Saw them live in Wollongong, Australia when they were doing the uni circuit before their success took off with the release of their debut album & been following them ever since.

I agree. I started listening to them because I thought they had a Zeppelin vibe.
----

My Instagram