Metal Storm logo
Echoes Of Eternity

03.07.2006 - 19:39
Soliloquy
humm, well, i'm not sure how well known this band is. metal-archvies didnt pick it up. but its an american based gothic/progressive metal band that, like most other progressive metal bands from us, doesnt exactly sound like an american band. they say they sound like:

Evanescence, Metallica, Within Temptation, Leaves Eyes, Nightwish, Evergrey, Symphony X, Arch Enemy,Queensryche, Dream Theater, Lamb Of God, Lacuna Coil, After Forever, Theater Of Tragedy, Def Leppard, Sirenia, Epica, Tristania, Sonata Arctica, The Gathering, Dimmu Borgir, Yngwie Malmsteen, Iron Maiden, Death, Enya, Carcass, Suffocation, Therion, Ayreon, Europe, Judas Priest, Helloween, Iced Earth, In Flames, At The Gates, Opeth, Quo Vadis, Testament, Fates Warning, Primal Fear, Children Of Bodom, Dissection, Rain Fell Within, Cynic, Alas, Savatage

some of those bands, i can see the similarity, but not like yngwie malmsteen, and other people like arch enemy. but still, an intersting band.

what makes these guys intersting is that they play progressive, and gothic metal. that is a blend of genre that isnt often seen everyday. i mean, most gothic bands out now a days are just gothic, or gothic/doom or gothic/black, but not really gothic/prog. and with that blend, they get a much more heavier sound comparing to other gothic bands. and on top of that, a lot of people who dont like gothic metal, tend not to like it coz its too slow, and gets boring. but not these guys.

and they are the FIRST band to add me on myspace that actually blew me away! all other bands i found boring, and they lacked originality. not these guys. so give em a try:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=40633512
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
04.07.2006 - 07:13
Susan
Smeghead
elite
They friended me on myspace and I accepted. Their music is pretty enjoyable but GODDAMN can you say "Leaves Eyes"???? EoE seems talented but I'd rather just listen to Liv and friends Maybe EoE can muster up some originality with their debut. They have serious potential.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
04.07.2006 - 17:32
Soliloquy
i wont say they sound much like Leaves Eyes. they stick to basic guitar work and sort of lack rhythm. and thier solos are like 2 or 3 noted solos . these guys on the other hand have a pinch of heavy metal in em with their rhythm, and thier progressive sound is incredible. it puts them in the same boat as symphony x. and only their female vocalist, and thier lyrics are what make them gothic. so its a really original blend.

and yeah, i can hardly wait for their album to come out. their guitarists, and drummer, and bassist are talented
----

-Zakk Wylde
15.09.2006 - 12:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I chack this band in myspace and I like this band same time not I realy dunno but its something, maybe because Im stubbern and album cover wasnt right for music, but female singer are best in this band, maybe thts why i like them.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.09.2006 - 18:04
Soliloquy
Written by Bad English on 15.09.2006 at 12:09

I chack this band in myspace and I like this band same time not I realy dunno but its something, maybe because Im stubbern and album cover wasnt right for music, but female singer are best in this band, maybe thts why i like them.

what are you talking about man? the band never had an album out. nor will they any time soon. unless you are confusing them with another band called 'to-mera'?
----

-Zakk Wylde
15.09.2006 - 18:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Soliloquy on 15.09.2006 at 18:04

Written by Bad English on 15.09.2006 at 12:09

what are you talking about man? the band never had an album out. nor will they any time soon. unless you are confusing them with another band called 'to-mera'?

I mean i saw CD demo cover and it wasnt i didnt like it and whit album cover I means CD, cover and I s demo, so Im not use so demo cover
----

apos;'
[image]
15.09.2006 - 18:12
Soliloquy
well making a cd does cost a lot. and this is a relativly new band. what that means is tha they dont have any money on them. or not really a significant sum saved up. besides, its just a demo. who cares about it?
----

-Zakk Wylde
15.09.2006 - 19:10
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
lol they added me on myspace too
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
15.09.2006 - 21:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Soliloquy on 15.09.2006 at 18:12

well making a cd does cost a lot. and this is a relativly new band. what that means is tha they dont have any money on them. or not really a significant sum saved up. besides, its just a demo. who cares about it?

Did I mention something about price, no!
----

apos;'
[image]
16.09.2006 - 16:26
Soliloquy
Written by Bad English on 15.09.2006 at 21:12

Written by Soliloquy on 15.09.2006 at 18:12

Did I mention something about price, no!

did you read the whole thing? no! bands need money to make stuff. if someone doesnt have enough money, they make stuff that looks like shit.
----

-Zakk Wylde
16.09.2006 - 16:27
Soliloquy
Written by VaronoZz on 15.09.2006 at 19:10

and your thoughts?
----

-Zakk Wylde
17.09.2006 - 18:39
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
Written by Soliloquy on 16.09.2006 at 16:27

Written by VaronoZz on 15.09.2006 at 19:10

and your thoughts?

ok... not something bad its a pretty good stuff, but not something too special
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
16.01.2007 - 20:23
Soliloquy
their new album is comming out february! and i got dibs on its review!

i hope metal storm gives em a page.

they are also working on their video for 'voices in a dream'. can hardly waite for that

anyone else excited?
----

-Zakk Wylde
16.01.2007 - 23:17
Lupas
Maximus
Written by Soliloquy on 16.01.2007 at 20:23

their new album is comming out february! and i got dibs on its review!

i hope metal storm gives em a page.

they are also working on their video for 'voices in a dream'. can hardly waite for that

anyone else excited?

Yeah, they are great . I had a promo cd of them and they are just cool Recenlty they had a poll onto their myspace to vote for the upcoming video, and the result , as you said , is the song voices in a dream .
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
13.03.2007 - 15:19
Thryce
Retired Staff
elite
Written by Soliloquy on 16.01.2007 at 20:23

That new video is online!

Echoes Of Eternity have posted their Olle Carlsson-directed video for the song 'Voices In A Dream' on YouTube.com.

The track, which was chosen by the fans via a poll conducted at the band's official MySpace page, comes off the group's debut album, "The Forgotten Goddess", which was released in the U.S. on February 20 via Nuclear Blast Records (February 2 in Germany). The CD was recorded over a six-month period in Venice, California at RavensWork Studios and produced, engineered, and mastered by Eric Ryan.

Echoes Of Eternity recently announced the addition of second guitarist Sam Young to the group's ranks. The band's current lineup is as follows:

Francine Boucher - Vocals
Brandon S. Patton - Guitars
Sam Young - Guitars
Duane Cowan - Bass
Kirk Carrison - Drums

(Source)

BTW: I'm working on a EoE band page on MS. Thy sure deserve to be featured here. Feel free to lend a hand here

So for style, how about:

2005 - Progressive Metal
2005 - Gothic Metal

Or would you prefer "Progressive Gothic Metal" or rather "Gothic Progressive Metal" ??
----
Your favorite band sucks.
05.04.2007 - 13:42
Thryce
Retired Staff
elite
There is another Echoes Of Eternity song available for streaming online. It is called 'Circles Of Stone', and it's taken from the band's debut album "The Forgotten Goddess".
Click here to check it out.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
07.04.2007 - 05:09
Soliloquy
wha~!!! they are comming to my town in july! i really gotta go! now this will be a kick ass show. and their video on youtube sure has gotten TONS of hits. so, this band is getting bigger by the second, and i like it.

as for their profile, i think i'd prefer them being called 'progressive/gothic metal'

and thryce, thanks. you are doing the things that i would have done had i not be so lazy. the band does deserve to be featured here.
----

-Zakk Wylde
16.04.2007 - 09:10
Jason W.
Razorbliss
staff
Yeah I am looking forward to seeing them live on one of the dates, probably the one in August! I don't think the band has created a masterpiece on their first release, but it's one hell of a start, and I think they have a great future. I don't think they'll get too big too fast, which I think will give them the space they need to expand their sound and give it more of a personal identity. "Voices In A Dream" is a great track, though I am unsure whether i like the original mix better or the CD-release?

I'm interested to see how they will come off live, as most female singers I've seen come off better live and don't have the plastic studio sound affecting their vocals that is certainly present in EoE's sound.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
19.10.2007 - 07:51
Soliloquy
i dont really know what people are complaining about with their vocals. people keep saying their the vocals dont really blend in with the rest of the band.

i mean, songs like the forgotten goddess:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=F20anEuPFkc

may not be something typically found in a heavy/thrash/prog/gothic band, but i think that this song shows a perfect blend of how a song can sort be a ballade, and at the same time, be heavy. her vocals make it sound like some thing coming out of a slow ballade, and then the guitar riffs tell another story. yet in my opinion they work fine

and its quite refreshing too. majority bands that are playing stuff that is close to the band either have a vocalist that growls(which can be well suited under certain conditions) or a male vocalist that has a torn and rash voice that seems to be all over the place.
----

-Zakk Wylde