Metal Storm logo
Elis - New Album Details

Elis have posted the following statement about the new upcoming album:

"We decided that the new Elis record will be named "Catharsis". We were discussing a lot about what fits best to the stories the songs on our new album tell, and we hat a lot of different options, some of them really quite funny, but when we finally came to the name "Catharsis" it was clear that this says it with one word.

Vocalist Sandra Schleret comments: "Some time ago, shortly before I joined Elis, I had to go through a very hard time, physical wise the hardest experience in my life. I was fighting against a severe disease, and while my body was struggling I felt my soul started to go it's own way. I came to new insights, and started to develop a very intense strength, like I never would have imagined I would be able to, but which was really essential for me at that time. I was taken out of the "real life" for about half a year, and felt like an onlooker, not participating in the real world. With the stories I tell on "Catharsis" I am kind of digesting this period in my life, sharing my feelings, fears and also the things I saw as an "outcast" watching the world. The word. "Catharsis" has some different meanings, but for me it represents "the healing of the soul by going through tragedy". As I see it now, to see how magic life can be I also had to experience it's dark side..."

The new album is planned for an early 2009 via Napalm Records. "Catharsis" was recorded at Mastersound Studio in Germany with producer Alex Krull (Atrocity, Leaves' Eyes) and marks the band's first full-length recording with new singer Sandra Schleret, who joined the band in December 2006.

Source: elis.li
Band profile: Elis
Posted: 22.11.2008 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 97 users
22.11.2008 - 16:50
Bleak
Account deleted
Seems nice... maybe ill add it to my wish list...what do you say guys???
22.11.2008 - 18:50
Abattoir
staff
Well, this could be interesting, will see...
22.11.2008 - 22:55
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Wtf is she doing in that picture? what kinda gesture is that?
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
22.11.2008 - 23:55
Symmachus
I like the report about this new album. Yes, it does seem like something I want to look forward too. But I agree about the gesture looking a little bit out of place.
23.11.2008 - 00:46
Arcesse Eum
She's invoking gypsie magic... what else would she be doing?
----
As above, so below.
23.11.2008 - 01:03
Jason W.
Razorbliss
staff
Great to see that Sandra will be adding her own personal thoughts and experiences on the next Elis release. I'm interested to see how the band has adapted to her style now with songs specifically written for her voice She was really a highlight back during her Dreams Of Sanity recordings.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
23.11.2008 - 22:28
GT
Coffee!!
staff
Written by Jason W. on 23.11.2008 at 01:03

Great to see that Sandra will be adding her own personal thoughts and experiences on the next Elis release. I'm interested to see how the band has adapted to her style now with songs specifically written for her voice She was really a highlight back during her Dreams Of Sanity recordings.

Can only agree with this. Another release to look forward to
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
24.11.2008 - 09:39
Jason W.
Razorbliss
staff
Written by GT on 23.11.2008 at 22:28

Another release to look forward to

Yes I'm looking forward to the discussions on the new material considering this is a whole new era for them ! I'll be sure to post my thoughts whenever the new CD is in my hands.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
02.12.2008 - 17:30
Lupas
Maximus
Finally !
I will wait till that day to see of what material they got out with their new singer.
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy

Hits total: 3490 | This month: 5