04. With No Concern
05. Away From Now
06. Finding The One
07. Off the Back Of Others
08. The Unexpected
09. Employed Beggar
10. Re-Active
11. Patience

This is not the first time that I review an album of the Russian combo Grenouer but this time I have to say that it's surprising. I cannot say that the band has totally changed its sound because they still play a mix of modern Thrash with Industrial sonorities but this is definitely more modern and commercial (in a not pejorative way). "Lifelong Days" will probably be surprising for the first fans of the combo but this album should be the one which will lead Grenouer to an international status.

If Grenouer wanted to find new fans and get a worldwide recognition, I think that they have done everything possible with their new release "Lifelong Days". This new album is full of aggressive and powerful riffs but this is also really catchy and definitely a bit commercial on a side. What I want to say here is that "Lifelong Days" is not the most "true Metal" release of the year but if you don't care about this fact and if you're not into the "old school stuffs are better than new ones" war, I'm sure that you'll like this release. "Lifelong Days" is a bit like a Machine Head album mixed with Korn and even some stuff a lot more melodic a la Metalcore. The good thing here is that Grenouer still has big Industrial influences, so you'll hear a lot of electronic sounds and the songs are not so Nu Metal or Metalcore, this is a good melting pot of different influences and it works really well.

The new album is probably the most accomplished release of the Russian combo and its production is just excellent. The only problem of the release will probably comes from the fact that it's something really "radio" if you see what I mean and some choruses are a bit too nice for a basic metalhead who cannot stand melodic things. On the other hand I'm quite sure that all the ones who like the new Metal scene will like a lot this release which is extremely good in the genre.

The old Grenouer releases where a lot more Thrash and aggressive actually but "Lifelong Days" is a really effective album with real hits like "Away From Now". If you like blasting but melodic Metal and are not afraid of melodic choruses you'll like this release without any doubt. Too bad that it's just a bit too "nice" for me but we have good ideas on this album and I'm quite sure now that a lot of people will find a real interest in the music of Grenouer.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 7
Production: 8

Written by Jeff | 23.11.2008

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 36 users
24.11.2008 - 05:11
Fhuesc

Nice artwork
----