Metal Storm logo
How many people do you trust with your feelings?

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 03.07.2006 - 22:27
Ok, this idea was spawned from a convo between me and Dream_of_Hate on AIM. We were talking about how you just cant trust anyone these days, and I said I only trust about 5 or 6 people with my feelings, my secrets, my inner thoughts and all that jazz. How about you? Do you trust people, or are you shut-off like myslef?
29.01.2010 - 21:54
flickaa
Very few people..
30.01.2010 - 14:51
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Valentin B on 03.11.2009 at 11:25

Right now i'm lucky to have a bunch of good friends, like the other guitarist in my band(he may not be the best guitar-vocalist but he's a great guy), another dude in my class and my best friend whom i've known for years. anyway i'd say i trust them with my feelings, though to be honest now i don't really have stuff inside of me that i actually "need" to discuss with someone else, gonna see how these friendships stand the test of time.

also i would add my best female friend, she's just a great gal and i can tell her lots of stuff i wouldn't feel comfortable talking about with other people.
31.01.2010 - 22:18
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 30.01.2010 at 14:51

Right now i'm lucky to have a bunch of good friends, like the other guitarist in my band(he may not be the best guitar-vocalist but he's a great guy), another dude in my class and my best friend whom i've known for years. anyway i'd say i trust them with my feelings, though to be honest now i don't really have stuff inside of me that i actually "need" to discuss with someone else, gonna see how these friendships stand the test of time.

also i would add my best female friend, she's just a great gal and i can tell her lots of stuff i wouldn't feel comfortable talking about with other people.

QUITE QUOTING YOURSELF! Youz breakin' teh laws of the UNIVERSE. >=O
31.01.2010 - 22:45
Mikyz
My 3 closest friends if I want to share some secrets, even then sometimes I prefer keeping them to myself. It depends on the actual type of the secret. =)
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
28.06.2010 - 02:39
flickaa
I dont trust people anymore.... yeah my close friends but thats it.... ive been screwed over by friends multiple times... hah u might say I have become less socialble.... sometimes life changes people and I strongly believe that... because I have changed alot through the course of the years...
28.06.2010 - 04:56
Kennoth
Depends. It's hardly ever more than two or three people. The relationship I have with most of my friends is fucked up at least. I parted ways with some, stop seeing others a lot. And I have a best mate that I can share most of my intimate thoughts and feelings with, and vice versa. However, there are some parts of me, that will not be revealed to anyone other than myself; those are my deepest and darkest desires and fantasies.

I'm actually a great friend to those I find worthy. I'm willing to do a lot of things, and I can always keep a secret. However, I don't usually give second chances, so if you fuck me up once, chances are, it's your last time. (and it has to be a serious fuckup)

Also an interesting thing; I've been interacting online with people ever since I started playing Wc3 online. It's an interesting experience, it truly takes all sort of us to populate the Earth. One of the most honest conversations I've ever had was with the people I met online; you can really let your guard go on such occasion, especially if you know that you'll probably never meet them in person, and that they don't know who you are.

It's quite liberating actually, I sometimes find myself missing such convos. I especially had a buddy from Diablo II maybe a year ago, he was in the same shit I was in, it was like I was talking to myself.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
28.06.2010 - 19:19
vezzy
Stallmanite
At the moment, no one.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
30.06.2010 - 17:03
Black_Sheep
No one.

Yeah i know, it's sad. But...
----
"Reality is almost always wrong."
02.07.2010 - 01:09
treptolemus
aphotic_zoning
Written by Kennoth on 28.06.2010 at 04:56

....................... However, there are some parts of me, that will not be revealed to anyone other than myself; those are my deepest and darkest desires and fantasies.

Well that's quite healthy i'd say. Normal reaction -you cannot preordain it as a "strange" behaviour. Look.. it is practical. Our brain has 2 basic parts: the old one-primitive which has not changed a lot, & the second part -a lot of changes ya know evolution through time. The funny thing is that this part, make us want things.. hmmm various stuff. Even the most kinky ones! The problem is sometimes this is beyond the boundaries (all the "rules")

hmm i think that i trust my family most. I have quite simple needs and communicating with the rest of my family is very easy for me.
Yes i trust friends in a limited way- and i can easily discuss many subjects -the first step you know- humor is essential even if it is stupid sometimes!

Somehow you discover -discussions- that most people have the same basic needs especially nowadays and then you think: hey! finally we have much more things in common than differences. And that will do the trick.
I always try to express how i feel happy/ sad/ bored etc.

People that i can't trust my feelings?
Serial killers. Probably they will kill me. And this would be horrible.
----
\m/etalstor\m/
02.07.2010 - 06:17
ThisIsNotHere
As emo as it sounds, no one. Some people get access to bits and pieces, but never the whole picture. It's equal parts trust issues and the fact I need a certain level of social isolation/distance from people in order to effectively function, plus I experience emotions very differently than most people, and see no need to express that except under very specific circumstances.
----
I almost cried because I acted so insensitive
02.07.2010 - 08:46
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 31.01.2010 at 22:18

Written by Valentin B on 30.01.2010 at 14:51

QUITE QUOTING YOURSELF!

why yes, i was quite quoting myself, how considerate of you to notice!
02.07.2010 - 10:34
Candlemass
Defaeco
No one, and why should I feel bad about it? the question is vague itself.
Sure I trust people, and sure I base in somewhat on intuition (i.e body language, face expressions etc)
but do I actually feel I trust someone? Sure yeah! but I don't base trust on that.
02.07.2010 - 20:26
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 02.07.2010 at 08:46

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 31.01.2010 at 22:18

QUITE QUOTING YOURSELF!

why yes, i was quite quoting myself, how considerate of you to notice!

I R SMERT. >:[
10.07.2011 - 23:54
Beastofmetal456
Account deleted
Used to be mom. But after growing up, I keep everything inside. I may be a calm guy from the outside, but inside, I am a volcano.
11.07.2011 - 01:42
JD
Account deleted
Written by Mikyz on 31.01.2010 at 22:45

It depends on the actual type of the secret. =)

The wisest post here.
11.07.2011 - 02:18
Sophist
Hm, my brother for all, my father for some.
11.07.2011 - 10:15
Selkies
Noone. Im never completely honest about my feelings/thoughts. Not even with my therapist, which is definitely counterproductive. On the otherhand, I've never really been hurt or betrayed before, so it works I guess.
11.07.2011 - 10:18
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
In order to pour your heart out to someone, you'd first have to understand what's happening in your heart. And I don't have a freaking clue.
11.07.2011 - 11:37
Selkies
^Well said.
11.07.2011 - 13:49
Yavanna
No one, in fact, I may tell somethings to some people, but mostly of things I keep to myself. People usually get scared only for knowing the surface, nevermind the depths of my mind
Really, there are some things I wouldn't tell, never, for anyone, doesn't matter how much I trust that person
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
11.07.2011 - 14:34
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Ive never trusted anyone 100%, and I never will.
12.07.2011 - 00:16
Mattybu
I might trust my dog with big secrets. Other than that, I don't trust anyone to a really big extent. Sure, I can tell minor things and secrets to some people, only things that don't matter. But there are sometimes when you can't trust anyone. And not only that, nobody really needs to know.
12.07.2011 - 01:02
Metal_4Ever
I trust with peoples who alwayz trust with me.
17.07.2011 - 05:09
SerratedSyringe
Feelings? Men only feel ANGER! *beats wife*
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
17.07.2011 - 06:34
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by SerratedSyringe on 17.07.2011 at 05:09

HEY. LEAVE HER ALONE. D:<

............ and move on to your kids. >:[
17.07.2011 - 07:33
SerratedSyringe
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 17.07.2011 at 06:34

My son says he's a ho-mo-sexual. I'll beat that sumbitch straight.
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
17.07.2011 - 10:37
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by SerratedSyringe on 17.07.2011 at 07:33

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 17.07.2011 at 06:34

My son says he's a ho-mo-sexual. I'll beat that sumbitch straight.

Yeah, make sure you put on some Ted Nugent records while you beat him. He should MAN UP real quick then. >:C
20.07.2011 - 18:40
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Nobody. It is a very very greedy world.
21.07.2011 - 07:12
Metal_4Ever
Written by Guest on 20.07.2011 at 18:40

Nobody.

No there are a lot of peoples who would you trust them but first you must make yourself a truster man to win a really friends.
21.07.2011 - 18:13
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by Metal_4Ever on 21.07.2011 at 07:12

Written by Guest on 20.07.2011 at 18:40

Nobody.

No there are a lot of peoples who would you trust them but first you must make yourself a truster man to win a really friends.

Trust me, I have been through some things with other men that would bring you closer than ever. Only then do you realize how selfish most people are. You would be very surpised to find out how many people would screw you over for themselves.