Metal Storm logo
Amoral - New Vocalist Announced

Finnish metallers Amoral have issued the following update:

"Amoral is a five-piece again! Since the announcement of Niko Kalliojärvi's leaving we've received tons of applications from singers all over the world. As we mentioned earlier, we wanted to find a guy who was not only able to handle the growling of the old songs, but who also had a strong melodic voice. Well, little did we know that we'd end up with one of the most talented vocalists around! Ari Koivunen's merits as a singer are well known (at least here in Finland), but it might surprise a lot of people that the dude can also growl with the best of them! And the fact remains that he truly was the strongest candidate from all those who applied for the job.

Being the sneaky bastards that we are, we have been writing and practising hard for a long while now while keeping low profile, and we're happy to announce that the material for the 4th Amoral album is just about ready! The recording will start next month and will go on through January. The album should be out before the summer. Of course, we'll keep you guys posted on updates.

Now, before some of you oldschool Amoral maniacs condemn us to hell: No, we're not going power metal on your asses. The trademark riffs are still there. The little quirkiness. The "fuck everybody" attitude. And most importantly, the songs are just as strong as you've come to expect from us. Stronger, actually. You could clearly see on Reptile Ride already that we were eager to push our music to a more melodic direction, and the next natural step was to go all the way with the vocals. This is a new beginning for us, and we truly believe our best work is still ahead of us."

The band adds: "Those of you who are not familiar with Ari's work yet, check out his MySpace site."

Source: amoralweb.com
Band profile: Amoral
Posted: 25.11.2008 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 27   Visited by: 115 users
25.11.2008 - 14:10
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Isn't this that Finnish Idol guy?
25.11.2008 - 14:44
KryptoN
imperceptible
I fucking lol'd at first. But now that I think of it, I'm really interested to hear how he handles the vocals, especially hearing that he can also growl. I hate his cheesy ultra-generic solo stuff but this might just work with Amoral's stuff.
25.11.2008 - 15:33
Snbn

Amoral sucks so bad beacause of Ari Koivunen. He can't sing. He has 12 years old boys voice and etc...
25.11.2008 - 15:36
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Thats awesome! Hope he's good ^^ Amoral are really great!
25.11.2008 - 15:37
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Too bad the old vocalist left though, I once made him say "No, I'm not a shrimp sandwich" during a concert... ehm, just some trivia...
25.11.2008 - 15:42
KryptoN
imperceptible
I've been reading some comments around sites and I'm laughing a lot at all the butthurt fans crying over this, haha.
25.11.2008 - 18:06
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I thought it was 25th of November and not April 1st... I can't believe this! If there were over 50 people who were willing to be Amoral's vocalist and the band has chosen Ari Koivunen, I can't help but wonder how bad the other 49 have been... I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Nor will I go to Amoral's gigs anymore, because the front row will most likely be full of some 10-year-old girls.
----
You'll never walk alone.
25.11.2008 - 18:15
KryptoN
imperceptible
Written by Ernotar on 25.11.2008 at 18:06

Nor will I go to Amoral's gigs anymore, because the front row will most likely be full of some 10-year-old girls.

Last time I checked 10-year old girls generally don't like prog/melodeath.
25.11.2008 - 18:25
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Sneaky bastards.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
25.11.2008 - 18:34
Sunioj

Haha, I can't help but also be amused at all the preconceptions.
25.11.2008 - 19:12
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
Written by KryptoN on 25.11.2008 at 18:15

Nor will I go to Amoral's gigs anymore, because the front row will most likely be full of some 10-year-old girls.

You're right, last time I checked, they were head over heels in love with Ari Koivunen... See the problem now? They adjust easily...
----
You'll never walk alone.
25.11.2008 - 19:30
KryptoN
imperceptible
Written by Ernotar on 25.11.2008 at 19:12

Written by KryptoN on 25.11.2008 at 18:15

You're right, last time I checked, they were head over heels in love with Ari Koivunen... See the problem now? They adjust easily...

Ari Koivunen's solo stuff is pop rock that's bordering on power metal etc, I'd say there's a "slight" difference in magnitude. But I see your point, I still doubt pre-teen girls will adjust to something like Amoral (assuming it will be similar to their other stuff style-wise, but what do I know yet, I haven't heard it) no matter how much they like him. I'm sure there will be a fair amount of these kids as you said, but I can't see it becoming a problem of any kind. Do you have an example where something like this has happened?
25.11.2008 - 19:39
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Written by Spyroid on 25.11.2008 at 15:37

Too bad the old vocalist left though, I once made him say "No, I'm not a shrimp sandwich" during a concert... ehm, just some trivia...

haha,, how did that happen?
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
25.11.2008 - 19:59
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
@ KryptoN I'm not saying that Teräsbetoni is a good example, but there used to be a good atmosphere on their gigs, when they had just released their first album. When they participated in the Eurovision song contest, the audience at the gigs has mostly consisted of teens and old ladies.
----
You'll never walk alone.
25.11.2008 - 22:24
Stigmatized
Written by KryptoN on 25.11.2008 at 15:42

I've been reading some comments around sites and I'm laughing a lot at all the butthurt fans crying over this, haha.

lol, butthurt?

I guess we'll all just have to wait and see. Obviously Amoral saw something in his growls/voice in general they liked, so...
26.11.2008 - 00:42
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Written by Bararey on 25.11.2008 at 19:39

Haha, my Finish is limited to the sentece "Are you a shrimp sandwich?" so I use to shout that everytime I see a Finish band live
26.11.2008 - 01:36
Symmachus

Written by Spyroid on 26.11.2008 at 00:42

Haha, my Finish is limited to the sentece "Are you a shrimp sandwich?" so I use to shout that everytime I see a Finish band live

That is an interesting story.
26.11.2008 - 04:29
KryptoN
imperceptible
Written by Stigmatized on 25.11.2008 at 22:24

lol, butthurt?

I guess we'll all just have to wait and see. Obviously Amoral saw something in his growls/voice in general they liked, so...

Judging by the amount of "RIP" shouts and other dumbassery @ their last.fm profile page for example, yeah, I'd say butthurt.

I personally can't wait to hear the new stuff, whether it's good or bad.
26.11.2008 - 08:45
Eeric
Account deleted
Now I really can't take them seriously, LOL!
26.11.2008 - 14:10
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Written by Symmachus on 26.11.2008 at 01:36

Written by Spyroid on 26.11.2008 at 00:42

That is an interesting story.

Nope!
26.11.2008 - 16:04
Stigmatized
Written by KryptoN on 26.11.2008 at 04:29

Written by Stigmatized on 25.11.2008 at 22:24

lol, butthurt?

Judging by the amount of "RIP" shouts and other dumbassery @ their last.fm profile page for example, yeah, I'd say butthurt.

I personally can't wait to hear the new stuff, whether it's good or bad.

They haven't made a bad album yet, so I'd say it's more than likely that the music will be great. The vocals are going to be what most people will care about unfortunately.
26.11.2008 - 20:49
Promonex
Cathemeral
I'm less worried by Ari's participation per se than by this sentence:

Quote:
we were eager to push our music to a more melodic direction, and the next natural step was to go all the way with the vocals.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
26.11.2008 - 22:26
Angelique
Bitchy Moderator
I'm not Amoral fan and definitely not Ari Koivunen fan but in this situation the thing that amuses me the most are these Amoral fans whining and crying about Ari's 10 years old fan girls.. like it would make the band somehow less if 10 years old girls would suddenly like them.. it really seems that Amoral have way more girly wannabe metal fans than Ari.

Anyways, I'm looking forward their next album with Ari.. not because I'd think it'll be good, just because I'm curious to hear how it will work out.
----
I have more faith in my plumber than I do the eternal being. Plumbers do a good job. They keep the shit flowing.
-C.Bukowski
27.11.2008 - 01:31
Symmachus

At least Ari Koivunen doesn't seem like a bimbo, unlike some of the American Idols. Man, I hate how famous American Idol is. A lot of those people are famous solely because they either won or placed high in some singing contest. As for the Finnish show of Idols, since I don't live in Finland, I have no comment on that show. But gosh, I really can't stand all the news coverage of American Idol and its contestants. Especially after the new Idol is crowned. Oy vey, it sucks. I go for a while not knowing (and not caring) who won American Idol, but then, maybe several months or weeks later, some stupid TV program may say "Today, we're featuring American Idol (name here)". It's just stupid. Ihave a very good memory, and I am proud of that, but I hate the fact that I know all 8 of those people by heart. I wish I could forget their names. I wish the stupid American media could back off and talk about important stuff, maybe like poverty or disease or assassinations or death. But NOT AMERICAN IDOL! When American Idol is active on the Fox Channel, it has way more coverage than, say, the war going on in the Congo. If a stupid entertainment show gets more coverage than a war, then the American media is poisoning minds.

Well, I congratulate Ari Koivunen for being the newly-made vocalist of Amoral, and sorry for the rant. I sort of got carried away.
27.11.2008 - 05:55
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Hopefully they didn't pull a Cryptopsy.
16.02.2009 - 14:36
Metalhead911

because the front row will most likely be full of some 10-year-old girls.

What's wrong with that?!? It's very positive, that metal will become more popular amongst people and what a good way start from 10 year old girls. Do we prefer them going to a Britney Spears or a Madonna concert? Speculating, if they hear Amoral with Ari, maybe some of these girls get interested in other metal bans, such as Arch Enemy, Children Of Bodom etc....etc...etc...I think that's amazing.
----
Metal will own you all someday!
05.04.2009 - 18:55
thanatos_7

R.I.P Amoral, you'll never be forgotten. I think this is the end of amoral as we know it, that Ari Koivunen sings like a girl, his voice doesn't even compared with Kalliojarvi's voice, this will be a major change inm amoral you'll see.
----
Long live the Death Metal!!!!!!

Hits total: 3401 | This month: 6