Metal Storm logo
Industrial Music

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 17.05.2006 - 08:39
I love industrial music...KMFDM, Ministry, etc...the machine-like production quality, the processed vocals and the frustrated agression that is acted out on every release...industrial rock/metal is great at anarchy and war themes and that's what's so cool about it...the sampling as well...I also think that most industrial dance bands like VNV Nation, Wumpscut and Apoptygma Berserk for combining techno music with industrial influences...
14.03.2008 - 21:10
soulVIremia
Have you ever try "The Angelic Process"? Drone/Industrial/Metal, it's great
30.03.2008 - 13:30
☭ Mr. S &#9773
Owner of the DSA
I love KMFDM, Minitry, Nine Inch Nails, Mortiis, Rammstein, Static X, Hanzel Und Gretyl, Godhead, and White Zombie to name a few. I think Industrial may be my favorite metal genre.
----
Seize the weed of production!
21.04.2008 - 03:09
Eddie.White
Well, some people doesn't know what is Industrial music. We shall return to the 80's when bands like Ministry, Skinny Puppy or Nine Inch Nails. Some people think that Static X is industrial metal while it's nu metal. AGAINST THE CONFUSION
06.05.2008 - 16:59
razorblade_666
Account deleted
anybody knows Diabolos Rising?
i love his track 'Satanic Propaganda'; great music with great lyric
[black metal-industrial]
06.05.2008 - 18:02
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Diabolos Rising was the first (more or less) successful attempt at mixing industrial and black metal.
Their stuff isnt bad; however, it is nothing to write home about really.
06.05.2008 - 18:49
Hamird
Lieutenant
Aborym imo is the best Industrial black metal... when i listen to their sounds i feel that i am in an industry.
07.05.2008 - 02:45
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by jupitreas on 06.05.2008 at 18:02

Diabolos Rising was the first (more or less) successful attempt at mixing industrial and black metal.

The only attempt at industrial black metal is the ridicously bad attempt Samael tried some discs ago, but I had sometimes wondered why industrial black metal isn't a more popular and successful genre mix, as both share many ideologica and aesthetical elements... same with Industrial/doom... I had heard some interesting attempts like Woods Of Belial, Zaraza or Hordes Of Satan, but absolutely nothing to die for.
07.05.2008 - 18:41
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Guest on 07.05.2008 at 02:45

The only attempt at industrial black metal is the ridicously bad attempt Samael tried some discs ago, but I had sometimes wondered why industrial black metal isn't a more popular and successful genre mix, as both share many ideologica and aesthetical elements... same with Industrial/doom... I had heard some interesting attempts like Woods Of Belial, Zaraza or Hordes Of Satan, but absolutely nothing to die for.

Maybe there are some genres that just.. don't became very well if there are mixed.
I don't feel like black and industrial makes something that [like you said] can kill me with their musical skill... It's just "Ok.. this shit is good....... Now I want to listen to something else."

I don't understan either what makes that mix [black.-industrial] something good AND outstanding
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
07.05.2008 - 20:21
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by X-Ray Rod on 07.05.2008 at 18:41

Maybe there are some genres that just.. don't became very well if there are mixed.
I don't feel like black and industrial makes something that [like you said] can kill me with their musical skill... It's just "Ok.. this shit is good....... Now I want to listen to something else."

I don't understan either what makes that mix [black.-industrial] something good AND outstanding

But Black Industrial Metal is something that anybody can't do that. ...it needs skill. mixing these two musics needs someone who act in both genres. the best example with no doubt is Attila Csihar. who is successful in industrial black metal
08.05.2008 - 00:20
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Hamird on 07.05.2008 at 20:21

But Black Industrial Metal is something that anybody can't do that. ...it needs skill. mixing these two musics needs someone who act in both genres. the best example with no doubt is Attila Csihar. who is successful in industrial black metal

I you ask me, Attila is not a good songwriter at all... I see you like Pain and Plasma Pool, that is telling me that we certainly don't haver the same thoughts about industrial metal.
08.05.2008 - 02:19
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Industrial and black metal share a lot of common musical aims, which is why a good mixture of these two genres can potentially be very impressive.
Ambient black metal and so called black noise are somewhat popular genres at the moment and they can definitely be seen as some sort of mixture of industrial and black. Otherwise, it seems like most of the good examples of mixing industrial and black come as single albums from various bands that later moved on to something different. Such examples include The Kovenant's "In Times Before The Light" (the remade version, since if we ignore the whole controversial story that goes with it, it is actually a very succesful hybrid), Satyricon's "Rebel Extravaganza" (industrial mainly due to its urban sound, not due to some exceptional use of samples or anything like that), Dodheimsgard's "666 International", Samael's "Blood Ritual" (black meets Fudge Tunnel, such an underrated album this is!) etc.

Industrial music itself is dead, since almost none of the bands that carry the industrial tag these days have anything to do with the ideals of the original movement. Nevertheless, plenty of modern avant-garde black metal bands clearly do have these ideals so while they might not sound very industrial, a case can be made for calling them industrial influenced.

Also, dont forget bands like Red Harvest, ...And Oceans, Blut Aus Nord and Havoc Unit are all making some sort of industrial black metal that is more often than not quite good.
08.05.2008 - 05:24
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Blood Ritual is my favourite Samael album, but it's hard for me to note any industrial element on it.
08.05.2008 - 05:41
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by jupitreas on 08.05.2008 at 02:19

Industrial and black metal share a lot of common musical aims, which is why a good mixture of these two genres can potentially be very impressive.
Ambient black metal and so called black noise are somewhat popular genres at the moment and they can definitely be seen as some sort of mixture of industrial and black. Otherwise, it seems like most of the good examples of mixing industrial and black come as single albums from various bands that later moved on to something different. Such examples include The Kovenant's "In Times Before The Light" (the remade version, since if we ignore the whole controversial story that goes with it, it is actually a very succesful hybrid), Satyricon's "Rebel Extravaganza" (industrial mainly due to its urban sound, not due to some exceptional use of samples or anything like that), Dodheimsgard's "666 International", Samael's "Blood Ritual" (black meets Fudge Tunnel, such an underrated album this is!) etc.

Would you consider Satyricon's Now Diabolical to have an industrial touch? I've always thought I heard a bit of an industrial vibe, but thought it was just me...
08.05.2008 - 05:52
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Written by Dangerboner on 08.05.2008 at 05:41

Would you consider Satyricon's Now Diabolical to have an industrial touch? I've always thought I heard a bit of an industrial vibe, but thought it was just me...

I dont think it is a very good album, but considering it more or less follows the Rebel Extravaganza style, it also does have that industrial urban sound to it.
08.05.2008 - 06:10
totaliteraliter
When it comes to black/industrial stuff like The Kovenant tends to make me retch as it seems to combine everything I hate about the two genres. Some more subtle stuff like Black Funeral works much better I think.

And speaking of Diabolos Rising being an early attempt check out the Impaled Nazarene track "Gott Ist Tot", a year earlier than 666 (same vocalist).
08.05.2008 - 06:24
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Written by totaliteraliter on 08.05.2008 at 06:10

When it comes to black/industrial stuff like The Kovenant tends to make me retch as it seems to combine everything I hate about the two genres. Some more subtle stuff like Black Funeral works much better I think.

And speaking of Diabolos Rising being an early attempt check out the Impaled Nazarene track "Gott Ist Tot", a year earlier than 666 (same vocalist).

without a doubt, all the rest of the Kovenant's stuff is utterly terrible.
as for early attempts, even Celtic Frost had industrial elements in their music back on Pandemonium.
08.05.2008 - 12:01
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Guest on 08.05.2008 at 00:20

Written by Hamird on 07.05.2008 at 20:21

I you ask me, Attila is not a good songwriter at all... I see you like Pain and Plasma Pool, that is telling me that we certainly don't haver the same thoughts about industrial metal.

I like industrial in the electronic way, more electronic is better in industrial. Suicide Commando, Plasma Pool, Alien Vampires and Hoico are bands which i enjoy them more than some industrial metal bands...
but still in industrial metal are so many good bands like Fear Factory, Samael, Strapping Young lad and some Rammstein albums are nice. but i like those electro/industrial bands more.
08.05.2008 - 17:49
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I forgot to name another great finnish band that mixes extreme metal with industrial, they're called Diablerie... first I heard their song "Nations Collide" in a compilation and immediately loved it, then I got their album "Seraphyde" that is extremely good... there's a very dark, rotten moon enclosed inside it.
10.05.2008 - 13:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by jupitreas on 08.05.2008 at 06:24

Written by totaliteraliter on 08.05.2008 at 06:10

without a doubt, all the rest of the Kovenant's stuff is utterly terrible.

Totaly agree I can not stand thgis band only werry early albums, can not understand how people like them ,
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.05.2008 - 18:57
Dagorwen
I there realy nothing about Laibach, or i am simply as good newbie just unable to find it? Well, I personnaly think it's more powerfull and violent than Rammstein (and quite more industrial in fact) but perhaps you don't consider it as industrial metal...
16.05.2008 - 20:35
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Written by Dagorwen on 16.05.2008 at 18:57

I there realy nothing about Laibach, or i am simply as good newbie just unable to find it? Well, I personnaly think it's more powerfull and violent than Rammstein (and quite more industrial in fact) but perhaps you don't consider it as industrial metal...

precisely, Laibach is not a metal band. They are indeed more powerful, violent (and interesting) than Rammstein.
17.05.2008 - 09:31
FOOCK Nam
Please recommend me bands playing industrial doom metal.
17.05.2008 - 20:07
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Godflesh, early Pitch Shifter, P.H.O.B.O.S., Zaraza, Woods Of Belial...
Drone doom typically has industrial elements as well.
18.05.2008 - 19:54
Dagorwen
Written by jupitreas on 16.05.2008 at 20:35

precisely, Laibach is not a metal band. They are indeed more powerful, violent (and interesting) than Rammstein.

yes, I didn't know well how to classify it, as "dark electro" or "indus" or what else...
18.05.2008 - 22:12
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
just industrial
21.06.2008 - 15:33
Madame Nocturna
Account deleted
I like NIN, London After Midnight, Deathstars, Fear Factory, Laibach, Stoneman, Emilie Autumn, etc. Actually, I like industrial/gothic more than just industrial.
21.06.2008 - 16:33
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Guest on 21.06.2008 at 15:33

I like NIN, London After Midnight, Deathstars, Fear Factory, Laibach, Stoneman, Emilie Autumn, etc. Actually, I like industrial/gothic more than just industrial.

If you like this kind of music check "Jesus On Ecstasy"... They are German Gothic/Industrial band. Although I don't like this style of Industrial music but this band is so great..
22.06.2008 - 12:31
Madame Nocturna
Account deleted
Written by Hamird on 21.06.2008 at 16:33

Written by Guest on 21.06.2008 at 15:33

If you like this kind of music check "Jesus On Ecstasy"... They are German Gothic/Industrial band. Although I don't like this style of Industrial music but this band is so great..

Tnx 4 recommendacion ! I will.
30.11.2009 - 15:11
Olli
Anyone heard Zeromancer? Just got one of their albums and thought it was awesome
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
02.12.2009 - 01:29
SerratedSyringe
Wow, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Psyclon Nine yet. They are primarily dark electro/industrial, but with black metal vocals and lyrical themes. I would highly recomend CRWN Thy Frnicatr to any death/black metal fans.
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....