Metal Storm logo
Profugus Mortis - Change Name To Blackguard, Part Of PaganFest USA Part II

The Canadian metal band formerly known as Profugus Mortis have issued the following update regarding the band's name change to Blackguard:

"Yes it's true, we have in fact changed our name to Blackguard. One of the main reasons for this change was to avoid possible legal action against us. Our new European label (soon to be announced ) informed us of this and asked if we'd be willing to change names which we obviously said yes to. This was not an easy decision, but it was a necessary one to avoid possible future complications. I hope you all understand.

This is the end of an era for us, but it is also a new beginning. With this change comes new labels (TBA) new management and of course... new tours. See you all at Pagan Fest 2!!"

As announced on Pagan Fest USA:

Brimming with the highly-successful and recent run (and introduction) of PaganFest USA earlier this year, the tour everyone has anxiously been waiting for with high demand will be storming the stages of venues across North America once again!

For the fans who have been eagerly counting down the days for the return of this run, PaganFest USA proudly brings you PART 2 of this incredible saga with the presentation of Ireland's Primordial, Switzerland's Eluveitie, Finland's Moonsorrow, and Canada's Blackguard (formerly known as Profugus Mortis) to the horizon for mid 2009!

The first date of this unique trek has been exclusively revealed on the PaganFest USA MySpace as May 7, 2009 at Chicago's Powerfest! Details and ticket purchase links for PaganFest USA: PART 2 will be updated on the official MySpace page as they come in so please keep checking back often!

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Blackguard
Posted: 27.11.2008 by SlaytallicA

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   Visited by: 58 users
27.11.2008 - 15:56
Arcesse Eum

Booo! Give me Ensiferum, Tyr and Turisas back!
----
As above, so below.
27.11.2008 - 19:05
elven

Eluveitie AGAIN??? come on...
27.11.2008 - 19:14
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Written by Arcesse Eum on 27.11.2008 at 15:56

Tyr is coming on their separate "Pagan Knights Tour". I wasn't impressed with Ensiferum last time around so I'm looking to Moonsorrow to put on a good show this time. Turisas will be missed though...
And about Eluveitie, I know it sucks that they could have put a new band in their slot... but they seem to have impressed the mindless American Miller Lite guzzlers who just want drinking music at the concert. They don't even realize that without the Kirder brothers it won't be the same .
27.11.2008 - 20:45
Arcesse Eum

Written by Introspekrieg on 27.11.2008 at 19:14

Written by Arcesse Eum on 27.11.2008 at 15:56

Tyr is coming on their separate "Pagan Knights Tour". I wasn't impressed with Ensiferum last time around so I'm looking to Moonsorrow to put on a good show this time. Turisas will be missed though...
And about Eluveitie, I know it sucks that they could have put a new band in their slot... but they seem to have impressed the mindless American Miller Lite guzzlers who just want drinking music at the concert. They don't even realize that without the Kirder brothers it won't be the same .

I thought Ensiferum was fantastic when they played here in Canada. But yes, Turisas was the best on the list... *shudders at Miller light*
----
As above, so below.
27.11.2008 - 22:21
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Primordial's headlining!? that's great news. Hopefully they will get the recognition they deserved from this. I'm glad Ensiferum and Turisas aren't there. Ensiferum have been to the States twice and Turisas shouldn't even be popular.
----
Coldgrits
27.11.2008 - 23:13
Asitis

Written by -DC-002- on 27.11.2008 at 22:21

Primordial's headlining!? that's great news. Hopefully they will get the recognition they deserved from this. I'm glad Ensiferum and Turisas aren't there. Ensiferum have been to the States twice and Turisas shouldn't even be popular.

Well, they were at a few shows in the European Paganfest, because Finntroll cancelled some shows - I guess they liked what they saw
----
The silent moment, right before the dusk fades away
I open my eyes, but the darkness stays
27.11.2008 - 23:20
VPeter

Primordial.... I feel for you yankees
27.11.2008 - 23:23
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Asitis on 27.11.2008 at 23:13

Well, they were at a few shows in the European Paganfest, because Finntroll cancelled some shows - I guess they liked what they saw

I know I just hope people don't leave after Eluveitie like they did for Turisas and left half of the crowd for Ensiferum last itme. That really pissed me off. From what I've heard though, Primordial puts on a powerful live show.

Pagafest headliners always make me happy. their always bands that I say I'll never get to see live and they just show up on the tour. its great
----
Coldgrits
28.11.2008 - 00:44
VPeter

Written by -DC-002- on 27.11.2008 at 23:23

Written by Asitis on 27.11.2008 at 23:13

I know I just hope people don't leave after Eluveitie like they did for Turisas and left half of the crowd for Ensiferum last itme. That really pissed me off. From what I've heard though, Primordial puts on a powerful live show.

Pagafest headliners always make me happy. their always bands that I say I'll never get to see live and they just show up on the tour. its great

be prepared for it, despite Primordial fans enjoyed their shows on the Heidenfest tour - people who didn't know Primordial walked away quickily, it's a bit like the case with Tyr with paganfest earlier this year, Tyr were often badly received not because they played bad, but they didn't play catchy Folk like Eluvetie or Ensiferum. I don't know how they are in the USA but if Tyr was badly received there to.. well then you can expect the same with Primordial.
28.11.2008 - 02:33
Promonex
Cathemeral
Like I said in the shoutbox already: I'd be surprised if Primordial kept their headliner slot. They've initially been announced as headliners of the European Heidenfest tour as well... until Finntroll has been added to the billing. But yeah, they put on a very intense live show which unfortunately doesn't get the attention it deserves from all those mead-guzzling-happy-humppa-folk-metal-lovers.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
29.11.2008 - 03:20
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Change name to Blackguard? LAME. Profugus Mortis sounds better.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
29.11.2008 - 11:00
opeth771

PLEASE bring back Ensiferum!!!
30.11.2008 - 16:40
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
It doesn't really say why they changed their name...for legal actions? Was there another band named Profugus Mortis or something?
01.12.2008 - 05:51
Lehctim

For America, this line up is amazing! I'd gladly see Eluveitie again even without the Kirder brothers, and Primordial and Moonsorrow own. "Blackguard" is awesome too but they need to get a violin player again for their live shows.
19.12.2008 - 16:28
Thryce
Retired Staff
Written by Promonex on 28.11.2008 at 02:33

Like I said in the shoutbox already: I'd be surprised if Primordial kept their headliner slot. They've initially been announced as headliners of the European Heidenfest tour as well... until Finntroll has been added to the billing. But yeah, they put on a very intense live show which unfortunately doesn't get the attention it deserves from all those mead-guzzling-happy-humppa-folk-metal-lovers.

You are right again. Korpiklaani are the new headliners of the trek. In fact, according to the tour poster, Primordial will also play before Eluveitie.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
05.02.2009 - 17:23
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
I can't believe Korpiklaani are headliners... Moonsorrow is much better, and even Eluveitie. Moonsorrow and Blackguard will be the best bands of the show, certainly. But I do hope Blackguard will feature a violin player, cause last time I saw them, there wasn't any. But it didn't offend me that much, since I hadn't ever heard them before and I wasn't expecting anything. But now they're on my fav list, I WILL cry if there's no violin!
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....

Hits total: 2929 | This month: 3