Metal Storm logo
Evergrey

Original post

Posted by Renessanss, 04.07.2006 - 11:31
There was no topic whatsoever about one of the most original bands in the scenes today, which, of course is Evergrey. Now for me it is so hard to believe that evergrey has no thread... Evergrey have released six totally unique and powerful albums up to date plus one live album and a DVD. All of Evergrey's albums seem to top the previous, although each one seems almost impossible to top.

Evergrey have managed to create a nice blend of styles but what all the songs have in common is a nice emotional and dark atmosphere combined with just the right amount of complexity, yet they are always catchy as hell and are guaranteed to haunt you for a long time.

Although I am still missing "Monday Morning Apocalypse" from my collection I can't wait 'till I get my hands on it... any comments on that album are more than welcome, although this is a thread for all discussions on evergrey and their music.
28.03.2007 - 02:56
Layla
Account deleted
I was at their concert in Belgrade and I'm going i Romania too... It's the greatert metal band ever!!! I know all their songs by heart and have all their albums... Evergrey rules!!!!!
13.04.2007 - 03:59
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
Swedish metallers EVERGREY have officially parted ways with bassist Fredrik Larsson ? only nine months after he was recruited as the replacement for Michael Håkansson. A replacement bassist has not yet been announced. Håkansson has since joined fellow Swedes HAMMERFALL.
On Metal archives it says that Larsson quit Evergrey to retorun to HammerFall, but on Blabbermouth it says that Hakansson joined HF...strange.

Edit: From HF official site, Fredrik Larsson is the new HF bassist.

BTW Im very sorry cause I cant go to Romania, day before Evergrey in Bucuresht, Blackmore's Night is in belgrade...
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
14.04.2007 - 00:11
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I don't think Evergrey ever came to Canada...I wish I could see them live...sounds like they're having bassist problems though...they never really did have a solid lineup...
15.04.2007 - 05:27
Bitch Boy
Again without a bassist?? That's a shame, but are these official news??
25.06.2007 - 03:18
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Damn they are good, I heard only like 2 or 3 of their songs, but I will sure get some (if not all) of their albums..... well when my pay check arrives =D
----
27.06.2007 - 22:20
Shelobina
Account deleted
This is one of mine all-time favourite bands!
I saw them live at the beginnig of the year and that was everything that i wanted..and now i have no reason to live..

lol
just kidding!
I love their music very much and i just can't wait to get the chance to see them again!
20.07.2007 - 16:49
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
I just got their "A Night to Remember" and the performance is just amazing, but the band does seen really nervous because of all the money they expend on that concert (on the box it says that the money was enough to produce an album and a half)
----
20.07.2007 - 23:01
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by 4look4rd on 20.07.2007 at 16:49

I just got their "A Night to Remember" and the performance is just amazing, but the band does seen really nervous because of all the money they expend on that concert (on the box it says that the money was enough to produce an album and a half)

I was listening to A Night To Remember last night with my band mate Mike, on our way back from the bar and he pointed out that while Evergrey is an amazing band, and very talented, their live performance is not as tight as the studio work. Going back and listening to the album again, I have to agree with him. It is great live album, but it is very loose. Like "Mark of the Triangle", one of my favorite songs, sounds a bit sloppy at some points.
----
(space for rent)
19.10.2007 - 15:48
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Evergrey have posted the first video studio report from the recording sessions for their new album. You can watch the five-minute clip at this location. Enjoy.
19.10.2007 - 16:59
Nixx
Account deleted
Just picked up Monday Morning Apocalypse from the local record store. Damn me for never hearing this band before!
20.10.2007 - 18:30
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I hope the next album is much better than Monday Morning Apocalypse to be honest.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
26.10.2007 - 10:39
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Evergrey have posted the second video studio report from the recording sessions for their new album. You can watch the six-minute clip at this location.
26.10.2007 - 16:58
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by Guest on 19.10.2007 at 16:59

Just picked up Monday Morning Apocalypse from the local record store. Damn me for never hearing this band before!

Yeah, and that is by far their worst album. Check out The Inner Circle, Recreation Day and In Search of Truth fpr some really amazing work.
----
(space for rent)
27.10.2007 - 00:02
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
I really dont get why many people complain about Evergrey's vocals, I think they are just amazing and really unic
----
27.10.2007 - 10:30
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by 4look4rd on 27.10.2007 at 00:02

I really dont get why many people complain about Evergrey's vocals, I think they are just amazing and really unic

I agree with this. His vocals are really outstanding and it stands out. Other people have different opinions, its only natural though.
----

My Instagram
15.11.2007 - 17:35
Philaenas
Account deleted
This band is positively amazing. Especially the album Recreation Day. Problem is, I find this album to be so extremely good (vocals, guitar work, melody, speed, everything...) that I'm not giving the other albums a chance so often, hehe.
16.11.2007 - 18:59
Warman
Erotic Stains
I've missed the last Evergrey concerts here, but the next time in Mars I'll probably be there! And Brainstorm is opening, great!
----
27.11.2007 - 17:49
Finicella
Account deleted
I love Evergrey! :3 Unfortunately there aren't many persons to talk to about them. :/ Very few know them. I sometimes even think I'm one of the only ones in Germany. -.-

Whatsoever, they're great. I really like the depressive emotions in every song, it always makes me think about everything and I - personally - can relax when I hear them... :3
27.11.2007 - 19:17
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
There are a lot of people who like evergrey here on metalstorm so you can talk to us
----

My Instagram
27.11.2007 - 19:27
baldur
im not that much into evergrey but a touch of blessing is just fucking unbelievable awesome
27.11.2007 - 20:38
Finicella
Account deleted
Written by baldur on 27.11.2007 at 19:27

im not that much into evergrey but a touch of blessing is just fucking unbelievable awesome

Ever listened to other songs? :3
I think you should give "Recreation Day" and "The Essence Of Conviction" a try, they rock. :3
29.11.2007 - 19:30
Timsen
Account deleted
Awesome progressive music!
"Monday Morning Apocalypse" is a flawless masterpiece.
Saw them live only one time (RockHard Festival) but I'm
willing to see them again!
30.11.2007 - 19:52
Finicella
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 29.11.2007 at 19:30

Ah, that's interesting. All I've heard so far was that MMA was rather bad. I also think that - compared to the other albums - MMA was far behind.
What did you like about it best? :3
30.11.2007 - 20:45
Timsen
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 30.11.2007 at 19:52

Ah, that's interesting. All I've heard so far was that MMA was rather bad. I also think that - compared to the other albums - MMA was far behind.

The whole album! ;-)
MMA rather bad? Never heard ;-)
01.12.2007 - 19:49
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Guest on 30.11.2007 at 19:52

Definately. MMA is their worst album in my opinion. and quite bad for their standards. You are absolutely right.
----

My Instagram
01.12.2007 - 20:50
Bitch Boy
MMA is not good but also not that bad, it is quite a standard album in the prog metal scene. But I agree, it is not up to Evergrey's quality.
02.12.2007 - 13:47
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Exactly.
----

My Instagram
02.12.2007 - 22:11
Finicella
Account deleted
I didn't think that it had much of Progressive Metal. The songs were too... let's say "soft".
But I am sure that the next album will be much better. :3
03.12.2007 - 00:50
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by Guest on 02.12.2007 at 22:11

I didn't think that it had much of Progressive Metal. The songs were too... let's say "soft".
But I am sure that the next album will be much better. :3

Are you saying it wasn't a Prog Metal album because the songs were soft?
----
(space for rent)
03.12.2007 - 09:56
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...can i ask what do u mean with a soft song??

imo a song doesn't have to be heavy to be progressive...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...