Metal Storm logo
Deathspell Omega - Split Announced With S.V.E.S.T.

Deathspell Omega and S.V.E.S.T. offer two glances right into the primeval fracture, the suppurating wound at the heart of everything, the fissure undermining up to the least attempt at harmony. "Summa Divisio", the first of all divisions, the mother of all scissions and the annunciation of woe and affliction to come. The work of both bands can be understood as a variation on a same theme, independent yet complementary.

The split, entitled "Chaining The Katechon / Le Diable Est Ma Raison" [cover art], will be released on the 8th of December, through End All Life Productions, as a noble gatefold LP featuring both bands and as two digipak mini-cds, each featuring one band, with identical artwork and layout

Source: e-a-l.com
Band profile: Deathspell Omega
Posted: 29.11.2008 by Damnated

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 79 users
29.11.2008 - 12:41
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
This is interesting. I've never heard of SVEST but Deathspell Omega are exquisite. The album artworks interesting. its very Deathspell Omega like
----
Coldgrits
29.11.2008 - 12:54
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by -DC-002- on 29.11.2008 at 12:41

This is interesting. I've never heard of SVEST but Deathspell Omega are exquisite. The album artworks interesting. its very Deathspell Omega like

Which brings to light the obvious flaw in this split release, as was pointed out in the Deathspell Omega thread. The goal of a split is to promote both bands, or that the smaller band can profit from the attention of the bigger band. So why release it as seperate cd's? Most people will only buy the DSO 'side' i.e. cd. And that's a shame, cause from what I remember, SVEST is also very worthwhile.

I'll be sure to buy both.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
29.11.2008 - 16:26
Arcesse Eum

Another split!? *sigh* I want the third part of the trilogy!
----
As above, so below.
30.11.2008 - 01:25
Symmachus

Ha! When I read the title, I thought that Deathspell Omega had split up. I was definitely wrong about that.
30.11.2008 - 17:13
TheBigRossowski

Yes! I will definitely have to get both as well, definitely worth the money!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
01.12.2008 - 20:54
Derelict Earth

Written by Symmachus on 30.11.2008 at 01:25

Ha! When I read the title, I thought that Deathspell Omega had split up. I was definitely wrong about that.

So did I, it almost ruined my day !

Hits total: 6061 | This month: 7