Metal Storm logo
Burzum - Varg Virkenes Denied Parole

Former Burzum leader and convicted murderer and arsonist Varg Vikernes, who has served 12 years out of a 21-year jail sentence, will not be released from prison just yet. The Norwegian prison authorities have denied Vikernes' parole application, according to the newspaper Dagbladet. Varg's attorney John Christian Elden says Vikernes' release is long overdue. "He is disappointed by the decision because he feels he is ready to come back into the general community," says Elden.

Vikernes was convicted for the murder of MAYHEM frontman Øystein Aarseth and three counts of church burnings. He has served 12 years out of the 21-year jail sentence, and in accordance with the previous legislation, he is due for parole. But during the years Vikernes spent behind bars, the government passed laws to increase the number of years required in time served before one can be considered for parole to 14 years for 21-year sentences, which is the most severe time-based punishment in Norway. Elden says it is unreasonable that these new regulations are retroactive. "We are baffled the Department of Justice chooses to use laws that came into effect nine years after he stared serving his sentence," says Elden.

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Burzum
Posted: 04.07.2006 by Daru Jericho

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 50   Visited by: 66 users
04.07.2006 - 11:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
I think it is a good thing parole was denied. Probably also on the grounds that Varg tried to escape the last time he was on weekend leave. And guns were found in his car then as well.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.07.2006 - 12:02
dancingdecember
let the fucker rot
----
i'm super, thanks for asking
04.07.2006 - 14:57
Black_Handed
A village idiot
Written by dancingdecember on 04.07.2006 at 12:02

let the fucker rot

twice please ). btw...interesting name his attorney has : John Christian Elden. fits varg lol.
----

Cryptic Bleak Smurf of Ur
04.07.2006 - 15:54
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Black_Handed on 04.07.2006 at 14:57

btw...interesting name his attorney has : John Christian Elden. fits varg lol.

Haha i found that funny.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
04.07.2006 - 17:53
TheSlaughter
Account deleted

let the fucker rot

twice please ). btw...interesting name his attorney has : John Christian Elden. fits varg lol.

Um... Do you actually think Varg's first name is actually Varg? His legal name is Christian Vikernes. Black metal musicians changed their names because they were Judeo-Christian (And having your name derrived from Christ himself doesnt make an exception.)

[edited by Eddie on July 5th]
04.07.2006 - 18:01
danzig111
Account deleted
Aarseth was not the frontman!
04.07.2006 - 19:11
Valentin B
Iconoclast
"He is disappointed by the decision because he feels he is ready to come back into the general community"
...and burn some more churches
anyway he is an EXTREME psycho.there is nothing in him that would encourage me to offer him parole,if i was a judge
04.07.2006 - 20:21
Urizen367
i personally think the parole officers heard and disliked the last burzum release. therefore, varg must suffer more!
----
I will not reason and compare, my business is to create.
04.07.2006 - 20:34
stupid Norwegian authorities trying their best to supress metal (as usual).....

The Sytem Has Failed.......AGAIN!
----
||SPACE FOR RENT||
04.07.2006 - 21:41
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
@Cryogenic_Death.

Yeah sure. They'll probably change the fucking laws just have some unknown Varg-guy spend more time in jail. If that's what they want, they better release him because he will either get killed, or he will do something stupid which gives them the opportunity to lock him up longer.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
04.07.2006 - 23:11
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
Its kind of lame, and in most countries illegal, that they used that law retro-actively, but I dont care with this, let him stay in jail for as long as possible.
05.07.2006 - 00:06
FECAL_FEAST
Account deleted
Granted he is a major scumbag, but I'm still very curious to hear any new music he creates after leaving prison. He said in an interview that he is going to make black metal in the vein of old Burzum.
05.07.2006 - 00:21
Stigmatized
Hmmmmmm.......oh wait...I don't care.
05.07.2006 - 01:29
ItalktotheWind
Wood Troll
Why do people hate Varg so much, it seems very silly to say "Let him rot" when you really have no idea about the man. Retro-active use of laws is ridiculous in any democratic state, no matter the person convicted.
----
"A witty saying proves nothing."
-Voltaire
05.07.2006 - 03:42
thanatos_7
Written by Guest on 04.07.2006 at 18:01

Aarseth was not the frontman!

yes, he was he was mayhem and inner circle leader
----
Long live the Death Metal!!!!!!
05.07.2006 - 13:06
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Frontman is usually refering to vocalist, which he was not. But I always thought of him as the 'leader' of Mayhem, yes.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
06.07.2006 - 00:02
fade
Son of Sweden
Staff
yay!!
----
The troubles of avoiding horseshit.
My Music database: http://www.racksandtags.com/northernsky/
06.07.2006 - 13:05
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Varg is so popular around here...
----

06.07.2006 - 23:30
lacrimas
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 04.07.2006 at 17:53

let the fucker rot

Um... Do you actually think Varg's first name is actually Varg? His legal name is Christian Vikernes. Black metal musicians changed their names because they were Judeo-Christian (And having your name derrived from Christ himself doesnt make an exception.)

[edited by Eddie on July 5th]

um...don't you know nothing? it is Varg. He was born Christian but changed it cuz "it didn't fit his personality". every burzumist knows that
07.07.2006 - 05:34
lordz
IzZo
I think the guy did enough time cuz he didnt kill a child or an old lady.... plus if you heared his story euoranmous or what ever that guys name was... tried to fuck up varg and it started in self defence but the situation escladed and when shit hits the fan... shit happens.. I say let him out if he is going to give us good music but if not ... I dont care
14.07.2006 - 14:23
Damnated
Churchburner
The music is one thing, but Varg is another. I don't think if he get's out, he will run right in the studio, and never come out for the rest of his life. No, he will go kill Shagrath or Dani Filth then burn a few churches, release a record, then go for jail again.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
19.07.2006 - 18:18
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Damnated on 14.07.2006 at 14:23

The music is one thing, but Varg is another. I don't think if he get's out, he will run right in the studio, and never come out for the rest of his life. No, he will go kill Shagrath or Dani Filth then burn a few churches, release a record, then go for jail again.

If he has the time to. I'm really worried he'll get killed by some crazy Mayhem fan, and that fan will be killed by a Burzum fan, and we would get an 'east coast vs. west coast' story.
----

19.07.2006 - 19:14
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Lucas on 19.07.2006 at 18:18

If he has the time to. I'm really worried he'll get killed by some crazy Mayhem fan, and that fan will be killed by a Burzum fan, and we would get an 'east coast vs. west coast' story.

Yes, this is another thing. I actually read it somewhere, now that you mention, that Varg fears for his life, but I overlooked it. So I guess this thing is pretty serious...
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
19.07.2006 - 20:25
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Damnated on 19.07.2006 at 19:14

Written by Lucas on 19.07.2006 at 18:18

Yes, this is another thing. I actually read it somewhere, now that you mention, that Varg fears for his life, but I overlooked it. So I guess this thing is pretty serious...

Yeah, it is. I wonder what worries me more, the imagine of metal with such a 'war' or the death of Vikerness.. probably the war..
----

19.07.2006 - 20:42
Damnated
Churchburner
I don;t think Varg will die. I mean then he would be the martyr of black metal. Forget Dead and Euronymous! He was in prison for 12 years, then brutally murdered, by a fan (that would be funnt, a John Lennon of BM )
----

19.07.2006 - 20:47
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Hmm, probably. I don't really care, I think. Varg should do what he wants to do, he isn't going to take Det Som Engang Var away from, so I don't care.
----

19.07.2006 - 23:55
Futuredigga
Account deleted
I hope that racist bitch never gets out of jail.
20.07.2006 - 00:04
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 19.07.2006 at 23:55

Norweigan TV helped building your opinion I suppose.

I am really curious what kind of Music Varg will create when he is relieased. I think he should be set free. I mean he did actually kill in self defence, so 14 years of prision is kinda lame for that.
20.07.2006 - 00:43
Futuredigga
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 20.07.2006 at 00:04

I am really curious what kind of Music Varg will create when he is relieased. I think he should be set free. I mean he did actually kill in self defence, so 14 years of prision is kinda lame for that.

No,its that I dont like racists.
20.07.2006 - 04:02
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Guest on 20.07.2006 at 00:04

Something like his early works, similar to Filosofem I think. Anyways, it might just be awsome
----

Hits total: 7206 | This month: 10