Metal Storm logo
Loudness - Drummer Passes Away

WeRock City has informed Blabbermouth.net that drummer Munetaka Higuchi of veteran Japanese metallers Loudness passed away today (Sunday, November 30) around 10:00 a.m. (Japan Standard Time) at a hospital in Osaka, Japan. He was 49 years old. Loudness guitarist Akira Takasaki confirmed the news on his online blog (also in Japanese).

Higuchi was diagnosed with liver cancer (Hepatocellular Carcinoma) in April 2008. He had reportedly undergone two rounds of chemotherapy treatment and an operation to remove part of his liver.

In an October 18, 2008 statement released via the band's official website, Munetaka wrote about his condition (translated from Japanese): "It has been half a year since I was diagnosed with liver cancer. I am really sorry that the fans are worried. The cancer has become worse despite the fact that I have been taking care of my health, and I will need more time for my treatment. Even after undergoing the big operation to remove half of my liver, I still need more treatment. There are various risks and dangers involved with my condition, but I'll do my best to keep my spirits up and maintain my physical strength to fight this illness. I know it is still the middle of my treatment, but I just wanted inform you about my progress since the operation. Thank you very much for all the support."

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Loudness
Posted: 30.11.2008 by ArtiA

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   Visited by: 196 users
30.11.2008 - 21:14
Arcesse Eum

"Only death is real" - Tom W.

RIP
----
As above, so below.
30.11.2008 - 23:57
selken
Irreligious
心よりお悔やみ申し上げます
(From the heart, I give my condolences)

RIP
----
01.12.2008 - 00:14
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Liver Cancer!? that must have been terrible.... Even though I didn't know the band, RIP Munetaka Higuchi
----
Coldgrits
01.12.2008 - 00:16
Symmachus

This is some sad news about the drummer of Loudness. He should Rest in Peace.
01.12.2008 - 01:03
Gigginova
Account deleted
Oh no
Loudness are the band that put Japan on the map!
Death always sucks man.
May he be free from suffering.
01.12.2008 - 04:37
Metalbound7

R.I.P brother
01.12.2008 - 08:01
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Cheeers man. a Jack Daniels to you.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
01.12.2008 - 08:11
tulkas
el parcero
That sucks... specially if you read the statement, you kinda feel like he's doing all he can, he's hopefull and thanking his fans, and then you realize that now he's gone :/

R.I.P.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
01.12.2008 - 15:18
ponderer

Cancer of the liver is not a death sentence depending on what stage the cancer is at. My father in law has secondary liver cancer and they recently removed 70% of his liver after many rounds of chemotherapy to decrease the size of the tumors. The surgery was a huge success and he's fully recovered. His liver has regenerated after only a few months and all of his blood tests are negative for cancer at this point nearly two years after being diagnosed.

Rest in peace Munetaka Higuchi. Your work will live for eternity.
01.12.2008 - 19:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
RIP Munetaka, I will always fondly remember the talk we had in 1984 in Paradiso. Talk is maybe too big a word since he didn't speak a word of English and I didn't speak word of Japanese. But somehow we managed to communictae with the help of our hands and feet
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.12.2008 - 20:08
Thrash666

R.I.P. Munetaka
This shot is for you
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
01.12.2008 - 20:10
Derelict Earth

Always a bad news ... R.I.P
03.12.2008 - 05:49
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Wow bad news, Liver cancer is very agressive, maybe it was in an advanced stage. R.I.P. Munetaka.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
10.12.2008 - 22:37
Iceland_Norway

Crazy Nights 4.04
You Come To See The Show
Well, We're Gonna Rock And Roll You
Come On Get On Your Seat
We're Gonna Make You Feel All Right
Hey, You Wanna Go Crazy Tonight
Let Me Hear You Shout And Scream

You Make Me Mad And Wild
Well, We're Gonna Rock And Pile You
We're Gonna Do Our Best