Metal Storm logo
Mithras - Rayner Coss To Depart

The end of an era, Rayner Coss departs Mithras

"I have some sad news for all our Mithras fans; the ZT Xmas bash on the 14th of December will be my last show with Mithras as I am leaving the band. I realise this may come as somewhat sudden news, but I have found myself increasingly unable to commit as much time to Mithras as a) I could like and b) it really requires of me. The result is that I'm holding the band back and putting increasing pressure on Leon and his own busy lifestyle, which has never been something I wanted to do as a band member or as a friend. I find myself with increasing commitments and responsibilities in my life which at this point in time could do with my full attention. This isn't to say I'm just going to disappear into the void, I'm still a massive fan of the band and will support it in all its pursuits and I'll still be around on the board and myspace. I have had a fantastic time writing, recording and rehearsing all the albums and music that has been written so far, it's been a huge part of my life that I have really enjoyed and am very proud of all we've accomplished.
I urge everyone to get down to London and see Mithras on the 14th of December, it may be the last chance and is looking to be a great gig all round.
I would just like to thank all the fans and bands and 'zines that have supported Mithras thus far, its been an honour."

Rayner Coss

Source: mithras.org.uk
Band profile: Mithras
Posted: 02.12.2008 by Baz Anderson

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   Visited by: 97 users
02.12.2008 - 16:15
Baz Anderson

Well this is sad news, but what needs to be done needs to be done.

Hopefully the band will get another talented vocalist/bass player to fill his, quite literally, big boots.. haha
02.12.2008 - 16:28
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
F*ck, can't belive this! Not easy to replace him.
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
02.12.2008 - 16:32
FOOCK Nam

Agreed, he is very important in Mithras's music
02.12.2008 - 17:28
Arcesse Eum

Do these guys shower themselves in the blood of sacrificed Cattle before their shows?
----
As above, so below.
02.12.2008 - 17:47
Baz Anderson

Written by Arcesse Eum on 02.12.2008 at 17:28

Do these guys shower themselves in the blood of sacrificed Cattle before their shows?

Lol. What?
02.12.2008 - 17:54
Arcesse Eum

Written by Baz Anderson on 02.12.2008 at 17:47

Written by Arcesse Eum on 02.12.2008 at 17:28

Lol. What?

Mithraism was a mystery religion during the time of the romans. You would slit a bulls throat and let its blood shower on you in a ritual cleansing. It was pretty sweet.
----
As above, so below.
02.12.2008 - 18:22
Baz Anderson

Written by Arcesse Eum on 02.12.2008 at 17:54

Mithraism was a mystery religion during the time of the romans. You would slit a bulls throat and let its blood shower on you in a ritual cleansing. It was pretty sweet.

I see.. interesting. Well strangely I don't think that kind of stuff would be up Leon or Rayner's alley really.. hahaha.
02.12.2008 - 18:33
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Lame. i wonder whats going to come of this.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
02.12.2008 - 20:48
Arcesse Eum

Written by LeChron James on 02.12.2008 at 18:33

Lame. i wonder whats going to come of this.

You'd think when a two man band loses one of its members it'd be over eh...
----
As above, so below.
03.12.2008 - 01:39
Symmachus

I've previously known of this band, but I don't know if I have checked them out yet. I want to, though. That sucks about Rayner Coss leaving.
03.12.2008 - 06:01
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
2008 saw the departure of many singers from their bands, what's next with this guys?
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
03.12.2008 - 17:10
King Bonzo

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! This sucks arse so much. I'll admit that Leon Macey does seem to me to be the more vital half of mithras but still! Coss is an amazing vocalist and bassist, will be nigh on impossible to replace him me thinks.
12.12.2008 - 19:06
Mithras

Hi everyone, this is Leon. While it's really sad that it's finally come to Rayner leaving, he hasn't put much into the band for many years, and hardly wrote anything musically or lyrically on the records, so I'm not going to end the band I put 99% of the effort into because he leaves, especially as we've got a cracking drummer in the band now.

The good news is we're doing one final show with Rayner which we're going to video before we sort out his replacement, then we'll be working on a LOT more live shows and the next record.

cheers

Hits total: 3178 | This month: 10