Metal Storm logo
Cacophony

08.12.2008 - 04:06
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
For those who dont know, Cacophony was a neo-classical metal band who released only a pair of albums and employed two ridiculously talented guitarists in Jason Becker and Marty Friedman, respectively. in my opinion, the one thing that kept Cacophony from getting big was the fact that their vocalist RUINED their music. Listen to "Ninja" from the Speed Metal Symphony album if you dont believe me. GORGEOUS music but godawful vocals.

discuss and argue intelligently, if necessary.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
08.12.2008 - 16:50
Hellish Star

Great guitar players and both cd's were good - not exceptional (excet for those marvelous solos). Songs like "Savage" and "X-ray eyes" are classic ones. In those days I prefered Racer X (first two albums)
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
08.12.2008 - 16:51
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Cacophony are great, even this Black/Drone/Doom lover knows that. It's been a while since I've heard "Speed Metal Symphony" but should I feel the need for some faceripping solo's it'll surely be put to good use!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
08.12.2008 - 17:16
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
I wouldn't call Cacophony neo-classical cause they didn't really get their inspiration for their guitar work from classical music. Their music was more Oriental (Japan more specifically) influenced.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.12.2008 - 23:15
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...mmm i think they are neo-classical speed metal...i believe they do have a big influence from classical music, yes maybe there's some oriental influence but imo mostly classical...although i like the band a lot, i would prefer it to be 100% instrumental...don't like vocals...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
10.12.2008 - 05:40
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by nana.MD on 09.12.2008 at 23:15

...mmm i think they are neo-classical speed metal...i believe they do have a big influence from classical music, yes maybe there's some oriental influence but imo mostly classical...although i like the band a lot, i would prefer it to be 100% instrumental...don't like vocals...

i agree, i think the vocals take away from the awesomeness of the music. they woulda been huge if they would have somehow employed the use of Jeff Scott Soto's tremendous vocals. or someone posssesing an equal amount of talent.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
10.12.2008 - 10:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hmmmm even Im not shreed fan, I try this band in myspace and band was good, its much diference in what time all are recordet and how old are people (ehh Joe Satriani dont counts), IMO this band eb more worts if tehy be in nowdays , not 80's
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.12.2008 - 10:43
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Bad English on 10.12.2008 at 10:13

Hmmmm even Im not shreed fan, I try this band in myspace and band was good, its much diference in what time all are recordet and how old are people (ehh Joe Satriani dont counts), IMO this band eb more worts if tehy be in nowdays , not 80's

waht do you think of the vocals?
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

10.12.2008 - 10:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by LeChron James on 10.12.2008 at 10:43

Written by Bad English on 10.12.2008 at 10:13

waht do you think of the vocals?

I like it its more thrshy or speed style ot HM not such style abnd, but look line up what mussiacns played there hehe good band, like I sad its wont be so good if its be realised after 2000
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing