Metal Storm logo
Nightwish - To Release MCD/DVD

Original news, posted on 14.12.2008

Nightwish have set the release for a new MCD and DVD in March, details are as follows: "Nightwish: "Made In Hong Kong (And Various Other Places)" MCD + DVD. The MCD was recorded during the still ongoing "Dark Passion Play World Tour". The release also includes a bonus DVD with material from Israel to South America, directed by Ville Lipiäinen. The tracklist of the MCD will be published later.

The band will be touring in March as well, see all dates here!

UPDATE (thanks to ArtiA)

Nightwish have revealed the tracklist of the upcoming MCD/DVD "Nightwish: "Made In Hong Kong (And Various Other Places)" [cover art]:

Live CD:
01. Bye Bye Beautiful
02. Whoever Brings The Night
03. Amaranth
04. The Poet And The Pendulum
05. Sahara
06. The Islander
07. Last Of The Wilds
08. 7 Days To The Wolves

Bonus tracks:
09. Escapist
10. While Your Lips Are Still Red
11. Cadence Of Her Last Breath (Demo)

DVD:
01. Bye Bye Beautiful (promo)
02. Amaranth (promo)
03. Islander (promo)
04. Documentary 37 min

Source: nightwish.com
Band profile: Nightwish
Posted: 03.02.2009 by Angel_Lament

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 51   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 350 users
03.02.2009 - 17:03
Metal master
Account deleted
What the fuck is that?! Just the dark passion songs??? Oh shit! I tought there would be songs from the once album and others! I say FUCK IT!
:necro:
03.02.2009 - 18:16
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by LeChron James on 19.12.2008 at 23:31

Written by timmoe on 19.12.2008 at 18:54

And? Is it acceptable to talk shit about/make fun of someone's problems?

last time i checked it was. especially for something like that. am i wrong?

I agree Lechron. For someone who's in a metal band she acted like she never encountered smoke before. many bands have played through worse things...
----
Coldgrits
03.02.2009 - 21:26
Ragana
Rawrcat
In fact, I would love to see this release, though I'm not over the moon if we're talking about Anette's live performance which is quite horrible, but that's in my opinion, of course.
04.02.2009 - 00:55
necrovamp

I thought anette with nightwish would mean nightwish were actully gonna be good, a decent singer instead of some wailing bint. i saw them live and...... they were shite. even worse than they used to be, dont think ill bother.
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
04.02.2009 - 02:18
amo_del_merol

Anette sux ass
----
... let evil rise ...
04.02.2009 - 03:35
darklos

A lot of comments
04.02.2009 - 04:51
timmoe

Written by amo_del_merol on 04.02.2009 at 02:18

Anette sux ass

If she does, then she's not alone...
04.02.2009 - 05:01
timmoe

Written by -DC-002- on 03.02.2009 at 18:16

Written by LeChron James on 19.12.2008 at 23:31

Written by timmoe on 19.12.2008 at 18:54

And? Is it acceptable to talk shit about/make fun of someone's problems?

last time i checked it was. especially for something like that. am i wrong?

I agree Lechron. For someone who's in a metal band she acted like she never encountered smoke before. many bands have played through worse things...

It seems like you didn't read all of the comments before posting. Try again.
04.02.2009 - 05:07
enumaelis

Written by corrupt on 14.12.2008 at 16:02

Yay, another Nightwish DVD. Must be the 200th.

Money money money nanaaaaaa nanaaa nanaaa:lol:
----
http://enumaelis.blogspot.com/
04.02.2009 - 05:59
Ernis
狼獾
F that....where are the Tarja age good olde songs? Finally there was a chance of hearing the old songs by Anette in proper quality but naah, just the new ones we already have on the DPP release plus the same bonuses already from previous singles....
teh hell....
04.02.2009 - 06:43
insanity.peppers

All DPP songs? I love the DPP, but a few older songs wouldn't go astray, especially if they wanna show off Anette's vocals on old favourites
04.02.2009 - 07:21
timmoe

Written by Ernis on 04.02.2009 at 05:59

F that....where are the Tarja age good olde songs? Finally there was a chance of hearing the old songs by Anette in proper quality but naah, just the new ones we already have on the DPP release plus the same bonuses already from previous singles....
teh hell....

Written by insanity.peppers on 04.02.2009 at 06:43

All DPP songs? I love the DPP, but a few older songs wouldn't go astray, especially if they wanna show off Anette's vocals on old favourites

I kinda agree with both of you. But maybe they'll release a proper live DVD later, filmed this tour? :
04.02.2009 - 07:23
timmoe

I feel you Anette bashers aren't really fair to her. You want her not to be herself, you want her to be just like your divine (or is it diva?) Tarja Turunen (or whoever you're comparing her with), instead of just taking/trying to accept her for who she is.

I mean, she's not being rude or anything like that. Now I guess some of you might think, "yes, she was rude to those who went to see them at the concert the night she left the stage, bla, bla, bla..." I say, no, she wasn't. I think she does feel guilt/bad about that incident and that she most of all would like to have it undone. And I don't think the smoke was the only reason to why it happened (if it's a part of the truth at all).

As pointed out before, Marco said onstage that she was going through a difficult phase in her life, and afterwards Tuomas said there were people (Tarja lovers/Anette haters) there at the concert chanting their goddess' name and pointing (middle) fingers to Anette, and so on. It couldn't have been easy for her, all this.

I think she seems like a very nice person - who is doing her best, both as a person and as a frontman/vocalist of this band. If you don't like her, you don't have to. Have your opinion. But try to be as open minded as you can. Or at least try not to be so disrespectful. Don't judge her if you do not know her (yes, the same goes for the Tarja being a diva or not thing).

Oh, and by the way, if you are one of those obstinate ones who just can't accept the fact that she's the replacement for Tarja, don't blame Anette; it was THE BAND who chose her, so blame them instead.

Leave her be.
04.02.2009 - 09:37
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Written by timmoe on 04.02.2009 at 07:23

I feel you Anette bashers aren't really fair to her. You want her not to be herself, you want her to be just like your divine (or is it diva?) Tarja Turunen (or whoever you're comparing her with), instead of just taking/trying to accept her for who she is.

I mean, she's not being rude or anything like that. Now I guess some of you might think, "yes, she was rude to those who went to see them at the concert the night she left the stage, bla, bla, bla..." I say, no, she wasn't. I think she does feel guilt/bad about that incident and that she most of all would like to have it undone. And I don't think the smoke was the only reason to why it happened (if it's a part of the truth at all).

As pointed out before, Marco said onstage that she was going through a difficult phase in her life, and afterwards Tuomas said there were people (Tarja lovers/Anette haters) there at the concert chanting their goddess' name and pointing (middle) fingers to Anette, and so on. It couldn't have been easy for her, all this.

I think she seems like a very nice person - who is doing her best, both as a person and as a frontman/vocalist of this band. If you don't like her, you don't have to. Have your opinion. But try to be as open minded as you can. Or at least try not to be so disrespectful. Don't judge her if you do not know her (yes, the same goes for the Tarja being a diva or not thing).

Oh, and by the way, if you are one of those obstinate ones who just can't accept the fact that she's the replacement for Tarja, don't blame Anette; it was THE BAND who chose her, so blame them instead.

Leave her be.

Finally! Great post, a bit cheesy but it had to be said
Anette has done nothing wrong, if you want to complain, blame the band! Or just listen to the old albums and keep your mouths shut.
I love Once but I think Dark Passion Play is their best album for sure.
04.02.2009 - 14:06
HyperDrifter

Hm was hoping for live stuff of the old songs being sung by Anette...its just all Dark Passion Play material...that's not all I want to hear in a live CD, where's the variety ?
04.02.2009 - 23:04
amo_del_merol

Written by Spyroid on 04.02.2009 at 09:37

Written by timmoe on 04.02.2009 at 07:23

Leave her be.

Finally! Great post, a bit cheesy but it had to be said
Anette has done nothing wrong, if you want to complain, blame the band! Or just listen to the old albums and keep your mouths shut.
I love Once but I think Dark Passion Play is their best album for sure.

DPP their best album hooolly shit ... better listen to the old stuff
----
... let evil rise ...
05.02.2009 - 00:09
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Written by amo_del_merol on 04.02.2009 at 23:04

DPP their best album hooolly shit ... better listen to the old stuff

Lol, I've had. And I prefer DPP because it's ultimate in songwriting, überbombastic as I want it and the production is absolutely top notch.
05.02.2009 - 03:38
Shadowcross
The Summoner
DPP is pretty decent.. still like an 8/10 for me
i'd rather a mini live DVD.. isn't this just the video clips from the already released singles?
.. won't be buying
05.02.2009 - 07:49
JayAreVee

No Dark Chest of Wonders??? Damn. This is sad news. I was really looking forward to having a live recording. Suppose I'll just rip it from youtube then.
07.02.2009 - 15:57
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
This DVD is big letdown even for Nightwish fans...DPP stuff recycled for 2357th time... :roll:
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

23.08.2009 - 08:26
Lachy
Account deleted
This album is awesome! I say Nightwish has gotten better with each album released (yes i do know this is a live album so no comments saying your a dickhead)! Dark Passion Play is the best album yet! Saying that Escapist is my favorite song by Nightwish! The DVD was good i enjoyed watching drunken uno lol!

Hits total: 5619 | This month: 4