Metal Storm logo
Jungle Rot

19.12.2008 - 01:03
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
No, I am not talking about that weird fungal infestation that has been growing on my crotch for the past three weeks. This Jungle Rot is a death metal band from Wisconsin. They play a groovy/doomy style of death metal in the vein of Obituary. Though I didn't really get into Obituary, I am really liking Jungle Rot. I think this may be due to the vocals. Formed back in 1994, they have released five full-length albums and are still going strong.

You can listen to some of their latest material on their Myspace.
19.12.2008 - 10:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Seems interesting, juts checked band out in myspace, hard to dscribe it after fiew songs, but I think I gonna like early albums, but its not long living band anyway
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.12.2008 - 10:56
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Bad English on 19.12.2008 at 10:47

Seems interesting, juts checked band out in myspace, hard to dscribe it after fiew songs, but I think I gonna like early albums, but its not long living band anyway

Not a long living band anyway? They've only been around for almost 15 years.. :

Anyway, I liked this stuff. Vocals were a little too 'brutal' for me, I prefer them a little more old school, like for example Tardy's vocals.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
19.12.2008 - 11:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Lucas on 19.12.2008 at 10:56

Written by Bad English on 19.12.2008 at 10:47

Not a long living band anyway? They've only been around for almost 15 years.. :

Anyway, I liked this stuff. Vocals were a little too 'brutal' for me, I prefer them a little more old school, like for example Tardy's vocals.

Hmm maybe I shood say something diferent, I mean you buy CD, download it watever, first days you listen it then its stay in collection but be forgotten and you listen it so rear, I had mny albums what I havnt hear more how 3 times bt I have I etleat 4 years
Even band is good and 15 years butsomehow they dint get into attention, because I discovere it wheh saw tread , ....... but I hvnt look in MA about US bands yet

For example I have on PC Sobre Nocturne - ''Serpentine Dreamweaver'' its 3th time in 4 years when I listen it and I like it , same its be about this band,
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.12.2008 - 08:10
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Meh, I own slaughter teh weak, and it doesn't really impress me that much. I havn't given them much of a chance, to be fair, but I'll take Vomitory or Decapitated any day of the week when it comes to Brutal DM.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
26.12.2008 - 08:38
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Blood Red Moon on 25.12.2008 at 07:10

Written by Arian Totalis on 24.12.2008 at 08:10

Meh, I own slaughter teh weak, and it doesn't really impress me that much. I havn't given them much of a chance, to be fair, but I'll take Vomitory or Decapitated any day of the week when it comes to Brutal DM.

Jungle Rot isn't Brutal Death metal :S

It's just groovy laid back death metal. It really ISN'T impressive, but I find it a fun listen.

Yeah, but they just don't entertain me...
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
17.01.2009 - 20:24
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Metal Storm has just accepted Jungle Rot. I am now currently filling in their information. If you want to help me, go right ahead.
17.01.2009 - 22:17
ForeverDarkWoods

Jungle Rot are among the best of the groovier style of death metal. They're up there with the champions, Obituary and Autopsy. Their albums are chock full of great riffs, and their songs flow together very nicely. They may not be that special, but they're extremely underrated and sure as hell have quality.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
13.09.2009 - 19:22
theflyingmachine

Dead and Buried is a pretty good album, and my first listen to Jungle Rot. It reminds me of a superior and more consistent version of Six Feet under, although they get just a little bit boring when listening to in more than small doses.
17.10.2009 - 02:21
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
Simply awesome...emphasis on simple but thats what makes them awesome.
20.04.2011 - 09:16
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Gonna revive this topic. One of the few bands that can write the same album over and over again without getting old. They're like the AC/DC of death metal(except I find the AC/DC boring...) Very simple, very catchy, very good.
20.04.2011 - 18:03
Demonmayonnaise

I saw these guys live last year, and they put on one hell of a show. Really nice guys too.