Metal Storm logo
The 11th Hour (Ed Warby's Doom Band) - Napalm Records To Release Debut

The 11th Hour's mastermind is no other than jack-of-all-trades Ed Warby, who already carved his name into the history of Metal with Gorefest and Hail Of Bullets. With his new band, Warby takes a turn towards old-school Doom Metal. Slow motion grooves, viscious riffs, and a bleak atmosphere are at the heart of the music. The songs resonate with darkness and despair and grab the listener from the get-go. A full length release is tentatively scheduled for fall 2009.

"The 11th Hour is upon us, and it is with great pleasure that we announce our freshly forged bond with Napalm Records. It's an honor to be added to such a great and diverse artist roster and we feel it's the perfect home for our massive brand of doom metal! Now let's open those floodgates of doooooom…"

The 11th Hour are:

Ed Warby: Drums, Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Programming
Rogga Johansson (Ablaze My Sorrow, Paganizer) : Vocals, Additional Guitars

More info about the band and a promo song at http://www.myspace.com/11thhourdoom.

Source: napalmrecords.com
Band profile: The 11th Hour
Posted: 19.12.2008 by Marcel Hubregtse

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 42 users
19.12.2008 - 23:42
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
The tunes on Myspace bode well for the debut
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.12.2008 - 00:34
Ivor
Staff
staff
Umm, I didn't know Ed did any vocals. He's awesome drummer but him singing is something more than new to me. Pretty cool stuff, I'd say. Debut should be great if it's in the vein of two demos on MySpace.

I.
----
No friends for playing games
No foes who scorn my name
Computerized machines of steel and rust
/---/
No friends in my house on Mars
No foes in my house on Mars
I was born in my house on Mars
I will die in my house on Mars
-- Ayreon - My House on Mars
20.12.2008 - 00:45
Vermin
The music seems great, but I'm not into his vocals. It's too modern for my taste.
20.12.2008 - 02:37
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
If you have the following bands as amongst your influences Candlemass, Warning, Krux, Solitude Aeturnus, Isole, well you got my interest especially with the Gods Warning there

Funnt that a death metal prog drummer like Ed really digs GOOD doom, somehow never expected it of such a drummer.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.12.2008 - 08:24
Symmachus
Ed Warby doing a doom metal project? That's great news. The 11th Hour is signed to a great label too. I would love to hear music by this project. I recently was listening to some really good doom metal, some of which Marcel H. just mentioned.
22.12.2008 - 19:13
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
elite
Can't wait to hear this. Ed Warby is one of my favorite drummers.
----
(space for rent)

Hits total: 4126 | This month: 5