Metal Storm logo
Horna - Finnish BM

17.05.2006 - 09:37
Mother-Anorexia
Account deleted
More commonly known as Shatraug's (Sargeist) main band:

"Horna was born in 1993 by Shatraug and Moredhel. The hammer of uncreation, Gorthaur, joined in 1994 and the first release "Varjoissa" was created in 1995. Joined by Satanic Warmaster (prior known as Nazgul) in 1996, Horna set out the course lead by "Hiidentorni" all the way upon the grim splendour of "Sudentaival". In 2001 Satanic Warmaster was replaced by Corvus unveiling an entirely new era in our existence. In the summer of 2003 we found our current lead guitarist Saturnus and the unholy trinity of Shatraug-Corvus-Saturnus was born, a revelation that clouded any previous settlements. Even when we saw it necessary to replace Gorthaur our thrice cursed black core kept going on, with strenght anew. It was not the time to call it a day yet...

Current line-up:
Shatraug - guitars
Saturnus - guitars
Infection - bass
Corvus - vocals
Ravenum - drums

Ex-members: Satanic Warmaster (now in his self-titled band), Gorthaur, Moredhel (formed Battlelore), Skratt, Vrasjarn, A.T.Otava.

Lyrically Horna ventures from harsh and primitive devil worship to a nationalistic, atmospheric and poetic direction - more and more in the veins of our emotions, as reflections of our ideologies and passions. We are still captured by the obscurity of many myths and beliefs but it´s mostly from our hearts and heritage that we now write of. Strength through the journey so far..."

Feel free to discuss Horna and please keep on topic.
18.05.2006 - 12:37
Sinsanity
Account deleted
One of my favorite songs for the moment is Horna's Juuret [split with Woods of Infinity] I don't even know why, and it's not even BM, but it is just so meaningful, simple and clear.
To give a straight opinion about Horna, I find amazing how they manage to create an atmosphere. And surely, there are amongst those Black Metal bands that are capable of creating something more than just another black metal album. Not simply repeting all the over-used themes, but also adding something of their own, makes their music personal and full of feelings.

Really good band. Black Metaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal !!!!!!!!!
19.05.2006 - 04:12
GoldenerSchnitt

Very good band I only have a few of their albums, about two and a split tape with Musta Surma and all of them were great
awesome BM band
19.05.2006 - 04:33
Puff
The Forlorn
well I learned something about Horna by reading your post

Well... Horna is just plain Raw Black Metal if you ask me. Nothing above average and nothing below average just plain.. average black metal. I listened to most of they albums and a couple of their splits and ep's (Not All cuz they have about 20) and nothing seemed to attract me or catch me.. Their best work had to be their split with Behexen.. but not so special..

Anyway I think they are just average
----
19.05.2006 - 05:41
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I agree with puff that Horna are plain raw BM, but I DO think they're much above average... there are a lot of bands playing exactly the same, but Horna just do it a bit better. "Kohti..." is their best album IMO.
19.05.2006 - 14:32
Mother-Anorexia
Account deleted
Definately better than average. Envaatnags Eflos Solf Esgantaavne would be my favourite album too. Great cover, great music ^^
20.05.2006 - 04:52
Mother-Anorexia
Account deleted
Definately a great split.
Kuoleva Lupaus was the standout track on Envaatnags Eflos Solf Esgantaavne for me. Has anyone heard Ääniä Yössä yet? It came out this year:
1. Mustan Surman Rukous 09:25
2. Noutajan Kutsu 04:41
3. Raiskattu Saastaisessa Valossa 08:12
4. Ääni Yössä 21:21
Total playing time 43:39

Has a great cover too.
06.08.2006 - 01:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Thay has new album out it aclls ''Ääniä Yössä'' Someone knows what it means, and this band is great, one maber remaind me Gorgoroth mamber, its fun, and alos album covers are fun,
Also its fun listen them becaus eof language, etliest i dont understanmd meaning of those satanic lyrics
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.08.2006 - 14:45
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
Yes, its definately a solid album, with a cool album cover too.
16.08.2006 - 02:26
Vintervarg
Account deleted
Sudentaival is a fucking masterpiece! Just like the rest of their albums. I still haven't heart the new one, but I'll get it as soon as possible.
06.01.2007 - 17:55
Crow_Princess

Ääniä Yössä is awesome...
I haven't hear other albums but I guess I have to check them out..
----
*I have made a decision... I will live until W-Lash allows me to die... :love:*
01.01.2010 - 15:08
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
I just recently got into/discovered these guys, I had seen their name a number of times before but never considered to actually give them a listen. I'm digging it big time, can't stop listening to them, Behexen is pretty damn good as well.

While I'd agree to an extent that they do play "plain" raw black metal, it has a lot of personality and character to it, that's very subtle and makes them more distinguishable compared to other lessor known bands. Thus far I have their LPs from '01 through to '08, though one is a rel-release (Kohti..) and another is their split with Behexen.
14.12.2012 - 23:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 14.12.2012 at 18:08

Written by Bad English on 06.08.2006 at 01:25

Thay has new album out it aclls ''Ääniä Yössä'' Someone knows what it means

Voices in the Night

ye wright quote 6 years old post
----

apos;'
[image]
14.12.2012 - 23:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 14.12.2012 at 23:11

Written by Bad English on 14.12.2012 at 23:08

ye wright quote 6 years old post

Next time use The Quick Questions Thread

Horna thread needs some Horna:

in those days there wa sno gogle tools and qq tread
Good songs I almost forgot such band exist till you remaind me about it
----

apos;'
[image]
15.12.2012 - 19:17
TheBigRossowski

Man, I haven't been here in so long and nothing has really changed. This Horna post is from 2006 and it has almost 20 posts. Obviously most -stormers aren't golfers!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?