Metal Storm logo
Mountain Mirrors - Download Full Discography For Free

*Mountain Mirrors Releases All Three CDs at Jamendo for Free Download Under Creative Commons License*

Fairhaven, MA, (December 7, 2008) - Mountain Mirrors founder Jeff Sanders has just announced that all three of the Mountain Mirrors LP's (Dreadnought, Lunar Ecstasy and the self - titled Mountain Mirrors) are now available for free download at Jamendo.Com, an influential international platform for downloading free and legal music. Speaking about this new offering Sanders states "Jamendo is awesome. It's got a great vibe... for an independent artist with almost no radio airplay or
live shows, Creative Commons is crucial. And Jamendo makes it easy for people to download (and share) music with a clear conscience."

Mountain Mirrors started in 2003. Their self-proclaimed "Heavy Acoustic" genre blends the progressive psych-rock sounds of Porcupine Tree or Damnation-era Opeth with Dylen-esque folk lyrics and psychedelic vibes.

The Ripple Effect writes of Mountain Mirrors, "Imagine if you will, walking through a forest that's enshrouded in dense fog. Visibility is only a few hundred feet in any direction. Moisture glistening off of the surrounding foliage as your breath bellows from your mouth in a cloud of steam. The crunch of leaves and decay under every footstep being the only sound to accompany the animal-like howl of the wind. Kinda' creepy out here all alone, huh? That's the power of Mountain Mirrors self titled album."

Download links:

http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/32408 - Dreadnought (2008)

http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/32399 - Self-Titled (2006 - recommended
for first-time listeners)

http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/32539 - Lunar Ecstasy (2004)

Mountain Mirrors as described by founder Jeff Sanders is "Heavy acoustic music from the wood of Massachusetts". Musical influences range from Led Zeppelin to Opeth to Portishead as well as unexplained phenomena like Karma, ghosts and the afterlife.

Musicians: Jeff Sanders with various guests - including drummers Peter Yttergren, Peter Generous, Magnus Brandell and Elad Fish, multi-instrumentalist Per Ulfhielm, bassists Phil Rohr and Guy Bartor,
cellist Claire Fitch, keyboard master Oren Selas, and pianist Simon "Watto" Watson. They currently have three LP's.

Jamendo.com is the world's # 1 platform for free and legal music downloads. Available in six languages it offers the largest catalog of music underneath Creative Common Licenses. For artists it is an easy and efficient way to publish, share and promote their music, through revenue sharing and commercial partnerships. For more information visit www.Jamendo.com

For more information contact Jeff Sanders ( jeff (at) mountainmirrors
(dot) com )

or visit

http://www.mountainmirrors.com

Source: mountainmirrors.com
Posted: 21.12.2008 by Jeff

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 93 users
21.12.2008 - 22:39
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
The vocals are kinda meh. Everything else is pretty good though
----
Coldgrits
21.12.2008 - 23:28
TheBigRossowski

Actually heard about them a while back, they sent me a friend request on myspace Then I deleted them and just about everything before rebuilding that crap.

I found them quite interesting and if I'm not mistaken (been awhile...), they sounded relatively Opeth influenced.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
21.12.2008 - 23:51
Symmachus

I'm happy to read this bulletin, but how did this news make metalstorm if this band isn't even metal? Also if this band doesn't even have a metalstorm account? They seem like an interesting band, though. I wrote them down to check out som later time.
22.12.2008 - 00:00
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Well they have an account here but it's not open yet and if you can check the zine you'll see that they were reviewed on MS

Imo this is Prog Metal in the same vein than Antimatter for example.

Good band btw
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
22.12.2008 - 00:07
Arcesse Eum

I'll check this out, but to be totally honest... if i wanted to download it, i'd get a torrent
----
As above, so below.
22.12.2008 - 12:11
Ivor
Staff
Written by Symmachus on 21.12.2008 at 23:51

I'm happy to read this bulletin, but how did this news make metalstorm if this band isn't even metal? Also if this band doesn't even have a metalstorm account? They seem like an interesting band, though. I wrote them down to check out som later time.

When will people understand that Metal Storm is not just about metal but also metal related. Music-wise it's metal and music that metalheads like and respect. As Jeff said, it's good and it's something we think many people here might like.

Releasing this stuff for public is excellent, btw.

I.
----
No friends for playing games
No foes who scorn my name
Computerized machines of steel and rust
/---/
No friends in my house on Mars
No foes in my house on Mars
I was born in my house on Mars
I will die in my house on Mars
-- Ayreon - My House on Mars
22.12.2008 - 21:13
Symmachus

Written by Ivor on 22.12.2008 at 12:11

Written by Symmachus on 21.12.2008 at 23:51

When will people understand that Metal Storm is not just about metal but also metal related. Music-wise it's metal and music that metalheads like and respect. As Jeff said, it's good and it's something we think many people here might like.

Releasing this stuff for public is excellent, btw.

I.

I consider that a good reason then. Thanks.
22.12.2008 - 21:21
Symmachus

Written by Jeff on 22.12.2008 at 00:00

Well they have an account here but it's not open yet and if you can check the zine you'll see that they were reviewed on MS

Imo this is Prog Metal in the same vein than Antimatter for example.

Good band btw

Oh, that's cool. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Hits total: 9232 | This month: 28