Metal Storm logo
The Gathering - New Album In April

Drummer Hans Rutten of the Dutch metal/rock band The Gathering has issued the following update:

"The waiting is over. Well... almost!

We are very happy and proud to announce the release of our 9th studio album in April 2009! The album will be called "The West Pole". You probably are curious who is singing on our new record. We have found a new [female] vocalist, and we will have two [also female] guest singers on "The West Pole".

We can imagine people are anxious to hear some of our new music. However, we will not make it to put new songs online this year. The reason is that some of our [many] guest musicians still need to be recorded and we prefer to present only complete version of the songs. As soon as we have mixed and mastered the album we will put some tracks on the web and of course you will be informed with all possible details. We believe, after hearing the new songs, you will agree the waiting was worthwhile!

We are very, very proud and we feel we made something really special. The album is produced by René Rutten, it will contain 9 tracks and will be released on our own imprint Psychonaut Records. It will be a very extravert, rock orientated, alive album. Typically The Gathering, but with many new elements. This time it's absolutely guitar driven. For sure.

"The West Pole" will be available via our own webshop one month before the actual release date. Like our DVD "A Noise Severe" we will make special packages. More news will follow soon."

Source: gathering.nl
Band profile: The Gathering
Posted: 22.12.2008 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 17   Visited by: 126 users
22.12.2008 - 13:13
Ernis
狼獾
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That news made my day.......I'm so glad to hear that they're finally getting ready....I can't wait hearing their new singer(s)...and not just the new material but also the old songs in new coating....
22.12.2008 - 13:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Im only one who even dont want hear album if for lsitening I get 1000 euros?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.12.2008 - 13:45
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Ernis on 22.12.2008 at 13:13

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That news made my day.......I'm so glad to hear that they're finally getting ready....I can't wait hearing their new singer(s)...and not just the new material but also the old songs in new coating....

Though I doubt the new singer will be as good as Anneke... And that "rock orientated" and "totally guitar driven" doesnt sound so gathering to me But anyway Im looking forward to this album, thats for sure.
----
22.12.2008 - 14:33
Jigoku Shoujo
Account deleted
Wow, I'm curious what a Gathering without Anneke will sound like.
22.12.2008 - 15:43
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Me too, I hope in a good vocalist, Anneke was amazing
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
22.12.2008 - 18:51
Graveheart
Quote:
This time it's absolutely guitar driven. For sure.

That's interesting and very welcome because I was hoping they would surprise me somehow. I don't want this album to sound like their recent material because Agua de Annique is close enough to their best days so far. Best case scenario: with the West Pole the Gathering will be a completely different and new band and still be awesome. Worst case scenario: the album will sound like a parody of something we've already heard.

I want more news already
22.12.2008 - 19:12
Holy_Diver
It's about time... Anyway I'm very curious who the new singer is, and why they havent published her.
22.12.2008 - 20:07
Soliloquy
Purly guitar driven?! THAT MADE MY YEAR!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

and now i;m curious who the vocalist is. annek was just awesome. and this vocalist better be equal, or better..can hardly wait!
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
22.12.2008 - 21:44
Symmachus
I hope the new singers will be a great complement to this album. I am looking forward to this and am currently editing The Gathering's English wikipedia page.
23.12.2008 - 00:59
Adanedhel Noir
Account deleted
Go Gathering!
23.12.2008 - 04:56
Sr Tumnus
I trust in TG...
the future will be great for the band and Anneke....
----
Damn is good!
24.12.2008 - 14:56
Enissa
DAMN, Who is The new singer??
24.12.2008 - 17:03
N.G.J
Written by Holy_Diver on 22.12.2008 at 19:12

It's about time... Anyway I'm very curious who the new singer is, and why they havent published her.

Maybe because they want more people to get excited about the album. If they published her then people will look her up and if she's bad they won't buy the album.
And how long you have to wait is just 3-4 months to get the album.
hope you enjoy the album when you get it.
24.12.2008 - 22:02
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
I am anxious to hear this as well. Gosh, I love Anneke to death, but I'm sure the rest of The Gathering still have it going and they found someone capable enough, to fit their music. As a devoted Anneke and The Gathering fan I hope the new singer won't sound similar to Anneke, I wanna hear something fresh and new and different

Can't wait to hear The West Pole
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
02.01.2009 - 19:29
Ernis
狼獾
Written by AnGina-- on 24.12.2008 at 22:02

I hope the new singer won't sound similar to Anneke, I wanna hear something fresh and new and different

Yeh....wonder if that's Angela Gossow....lol...grand pick-up of their doom-death roots....
02.01.2009 - 20:11
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Ernis on 02.01.2009 at 19:29

Written by AnGina-- on 24.12.2008 at 22:02

I hope the new singer won't sound similar to Anneke, I wanna hear something fresh and new and different

Yeh....wonder if that's Angela Gossow....lol...grand pick-up of their doom-death roots....

If they want a pick-up of their doom death roots they should stay well clear of Angela Gossow, cause she will ruin it. I would say... go with Corinne van den Brand (ex-Acrostichon) instead then, they still know her from the Always ear when they did some gigs together. But I am AFRAID no such thing will happen and that The Gathering will drift off even further into crap land and now probably Coldplay land aaarrrrggghhhh
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.01.2009 - 16:08
krinneke
I think that's a great idea!! Corinne as new vocalist for The Gathering. hahaha!!! I had great fun with them looooong time ago. Especially with our cd release party in Willem II in Den bosch. The Gathering without synths and very drunk and stoned!!! Best gig ever!!!!

Hits total: 3580 | This month: 8