Poll

Which vocalist do you prefer more?

Attila
Kvarforth
I don't like either

Total votes: 12
22.12.2008 - 20:47
TheBigRossowski
Some of you might see this as rather pointless, but in my mind this one is a bit challenging. In a sense, one can't help notice some of the similiarities between the two. In my own opinion, I think that Attila's style on De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas helped shape Kvarforth's own style for himself in black metal.

These are two of the sickest vocalists within the genre. Which one do you prefer more? Tough call, huh?! Being that this my favorite 'expression' of doing vocals, I figured I would see how you all feel about these two.

As seeing as how I feel that Kvarforth some how followed in the direction of Attila, I would stay on Attila's side. His whole vocal arrangement on Ordo Ad Chao is just brilliant.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
22.12.2008 - 21:22
Hamird
Lieutenant
Interesting topic, because I also found some similarities between these two vocalists. Specially after Shining's latest album, Halmstad.
Both are great vocalists and both are unique, I see no other vocalist with such style.. My vote, obviously goes for Attila, his voice is more flexible and he can do whatever he want with his voice.. And also he has the ability of making noise.. An example is "Illuminate Eliminate" (5:30 to 5:55).. First time I listened to that noises I thought it was an effect and not his vocals.. I think Attila has changed his style of singing after working with some musicians such as Stephen O'malley and that caused such an amazing vocals on Ordo Ad Chao..
22.12.2008 - 21:32
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
O man... that's a tought one. I will not vote right now sicne I have to make up my decision.

But yeah both are really unique and have some similiarities at the same time.

My problem is that I think waaaaaay to many people will vote but they don't know who Kvarforth is.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
23.12.2008 - 22:18
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Interesting poll, but in reality, my answer is clear as dawn: Attila Csihar.

Kvarforth's vocals on "The Eerie Cold" and "V - Halmstad" are great, but the vocals on "Ordo Ad Chao" are out. of. this. world.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
23.12.2008 - 22:51
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I voted for Attila. I'm not that big on Kvarforth, and his vocals on V is reason why I don't care for that album very much.
24.12.2008 - 16:26
TheBigRossowski
Written by Dangerboner on 23.12.2008 at 22:51

I voted for Attila. I'm not that big on Kvarforth, and his vocals on V is reason why I don't care for that album very much.

You didn't like Halmstad? You'Re FuCkInG cRAAAzy man! Thats a great album!

Rainer Landfermann's vocals on Dictius Te Necare are also really sick, but I just wanted these two. And between them, looks like Attila is the sicker of the two.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
24.12.2008 - 18:56
Sunioj
It was kind of easy for me actually. As much as I like Attila and Mayhem, I don't listen to them or like them nearly as much as I like Shining. Kvarfoth for me.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 24.12.2008 at 16:26

Rainer Landfermann's vocals on Dictius Te Necare are also really sick, but I just wanted these two. And between them, looks like Attila is the sicker of the two.

Fuck... Kvarfoth vs. Rainer would be harder for me. But if it was a poll, Kvarfoth would surely dominate. Good to see some appreesh for Bethlehem.
24.12.2008 - 19:18
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by X-Ray Rod on 22.12.2008 at 21:32

My problem is that I think waaaaaay to many people will vote but they don't know who Kvarforth is.

An outright psychotic?
That's why he's sOOOO awesome.
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face