12. Happily Ever Cadaver
13. Runnin' Down A Dream c: Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers
14. Look What The Bats Dragged In
15. Faith In The Devil
16. 197666
17. Rambo
18. Bad Things
19. I Love To Say Fuck

Recorded last year at the "Crocodile Rock In" venue of Allentown (Pennsylvania), "Fuck It, We'll Do It Live" is the first DVD of Wednesday 13, the American Glam Punk band of Mr Wednesday 13, Murderdolls leader. I have to let you know that I'm not a fan of Murderdolls nor Wednesday 13 but let's be honest even if this DVD is not revolutionary and even if the music is not amazing, we have cool Rock n Roll here so maybe that some of you (if you're not already a fan of course) will discover something good for them.

"Fuck It, We'll Do It Live" will be a perfect way to discover the music of Wednesday 13 that I could describe as a mix of Glam with Punk and even some little touches of Indus. This is really basic, simple and repetitive but it works in general and the songs are catchy. During the 70 minutes of the DVD you'll be able to hear and see what the band is able to do live and obviously this is not so bad. I mean that the band is really communicative with its audience and they have charisma (ok the same one than the Glam bands of the 80's-90's but if you like it you'll like the video). Personally I'm not too much into this kind of music that I can find boring with time but I wouldn't mind to listen to one of those songs during a Rock party in a bar, after all it could be fun really. So ok I cannot say that "Fuck It, We'll Do It Live" is the best DVD regarding the music and its production but in the genre this is more than honest and the fans should be happy with it.

Like with the last Twisted Sister DVD, also produced by DVE, there is nothing special on this release. I mean that one more time we don't have any bonuses here and only the live recording, this is really poor. But at least the recording is really good and you'll be able to hear a lot (hum?) the hysterical groupies who were at the venue. Also that band stated that it's a direct recording without any studio effects and that the mistakes will not be fixed. That's right and I like this honest attitude, this is a real live not with the best images and production but still this is a good concert and the fans should be happy with it!

Oki, Wednesday 13 is not my favorite band and won't do any revolution with their music and this DVD but honestly I've seen a lot of worst releases this year. True this is simple as hell but this is catchy at least and if you're not looking for complex music and just want fun while listening to Punk music you will not be disappointed by this release. The fans can buy "Fuck It, We'll Do It Live" this is a must no doubt and the other ones can still try it, they'll not discover the best DVD of the century but maybe that they will like the Glam Punk of Wednesday 13 after all.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 7
Songwriting: -
Originality: -
Production: 8

Written by Jeff | 24.12.2008

Comments

Comments: 15   Visited by: 103 users
24.12.2008 - 23:44
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Til' Death do us party... haha, I love their titles "I love to say fuck" is also quite funny
25.12.2008 - 03:13
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Hmm, I didn't even know he was releasing a DVD. I'm not too interested in DVDs but I would like to hear the new songs from "Skeletons" too bad its a difficult album to get a hold of.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
25.12.2008 - 09:01
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Well I'm not familiar with band's music, but I assume the DVD's title is a joke off of Bill O'Reilly's infamous meltdown, so that's entertaining enough for me
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
25.12.2008 - 14:08
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Yes Jason, you're right
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
27.12.2008 - 11:45
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Wow, gotta get this DVD for sure.

I'm a fan of both Murderdolls and Wednesday 13 (I have even seen them live) and it sure is fun music, that's basically while I love them.

Nice review.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
27.12.2008 - 17:36
Sjuk
Lord Of Jörg
I love Murderdolls but I hate Wednesday 13.

Why Wedbesday 13 are on MS and not Murderdolls ? I don't understand the MS Staff
27.12.2008 - 17:48
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Sjuk on 27.12.2008 at 17:36

Why Wedbesday 13 are on MS and not Murderdolls ? I don't understand the MS Staff

It isn't a question of the MS' staff liking Murderdolls more than Wednesday 13 or the other way around, but a matter of reviews. If we're getting a promo copy for a Wednesday 13 album, we'll review it. Thus, it needs a profile.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
27.12.2008 - 17:54
Sjuk
Lord Of Jörg
Written by Lucas on 27.12.2008 at 17:48

It isn't a question of the MS' staff liking Murderdolls more than Wednesday 13 or the other way around, but a matter of reviews. If we're getting a promo copy for a Wednesday 13 album, we'll review it. Thus, it needs a profile.

I know that it is not a question of the MS' Staff liking Murderdolls more than Wednesday 12, but I asked by private message the MS' staff about murderdolls and they answered to me Murderdolls have not a place on MS. So I think Wednesday 13 and Murderdolls make the same music style (Punk/Heavy) and I was surprised to see Wednesday 13 on MS :/
27.12.2008 - 18:02
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Jason W. on 25.12.2008 at 09:01

Well I'm not familiar with band's music, but I assume the DVD's title is a joke off of Bill O'Reilly's infamous meltdown, so that's entertaining enough for me

I just watched this... the video is great. The guy's hilarious.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
27.12.2008 - 21:13
Baz Anderson

Hahahahaha, I don't know who that guy is, but that is one of the funniest videos I have seen in a while.
28.12.2008 - 00:16
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Written by Baz Anderson on 27.12.2008 at 21:13

Hahahahaha, I don't know who that guy is, but that is one of the funniest videos I have seen in a while.

Oh it would be even funnier if you knew who he is! He's a political talk show host for Fox News, in the show The O'Reilly Factor. His style is that of badgering the guests he has on there with a very aggressive style that can make you either angry or pleased depending on what side of the political spectrum you're on Honestly I think even when you agree with him your blood pressure goes up - so it's hilarious to me to see that his blood pressure is the highest of all, as he can't even calm down off set!
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
28.12.2008 - 08:22
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Sjuk on 27.12.2008 at 17:54

Written by Lucas on 27.12.2008 at 17:48

I know that it is not a question of the MS' Staff liking Murderdolls more than Wednesday 12, but I asked by private message the MS' staff about murderdolls and they answered to me Murderdolls have not a place on MS. So I think Wednesday 13 and Murderdolls make the same music style (Punk/Heavy) and I was surprised to see Wednesday 13 on MS :/

If they are basically the same music style, how can you like the Murderdolls and hate Wednesday 13? Im a fan of both but I'll admit they pretty much sound the exact same.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
28.12.2008 - 13:55
Sjuk
Lord Of Jörg
Written by Doc G. on 28.12.2008 at 08:22

If they are basically the same music style, how can you like the Murderdolls and hate Wednesday 13 ? Im a fan of both but I'll admit they pretty much sound the exact same.

It's not because they play the same music style that they play the same music... Do you like all the band who play the same music style ? Maybe I'm jealous beacause I liked the Murderdolls' line up... I hate Wednesday 13 since I have seen his "cover" of the song "1976666" (the link : http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=44675880). His music is not amazing like the Murderdolls' music !
28.12.2008 - 19:49
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I also think that Murderdolls was a better band and wrote better songs. But I still think Wednesday 13 is a very good band, especially their first album was pretty good.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
13.01.2009 - 21:36
AlixxSixx
Account deleted
Written by Sjuk on 28.12.2008 at 13:55

Written by Doc G. on 28.12.2008 at 08:22

If they are basically the same music style, how can you like the Murderdolls and hate Wednesday 13 ? Im a fan of both but I'll admit they pretty much sound the exact same.

It's not because they play the same music style that they play the same music... Do you like all the band who play the same music style ? Maybe I'm jealous beacause I liked the Murderdolls' line up... I hate Wednesday 13 since I have seen his "cover" of the song "1976666" (the link : http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=44675880). His music is not amazing like the Murderdolls' music !

What the hell are u talking about? he wrote 197666 way before the murderdolls
most of the murderdolls songs are covers of frankenstien drag queens from planet 13 which started in the 90's

Hits total: 8403 | This month: 12