Metal Storm logo
Hellhammer vs Frost

Poll

Your preferance on the throne?

Hellhammer (Acturus/Dimmu Borgir/Mayhem)
Frost (1349/Satyricon)

Total votes: 47
17.05.2006 - 09:46
Scared4Life
Account deleted
Which of these two drummer do your think is better and Why?
Which is the better technically, and also do you think they are capable of playing anything put in front of them, and try for example's?
Which is the fastest?

Overall i prefer Frost, his work with Satyricon is highly technical (The whole Nemisis Devine album), whereas his work with 1349 is... for lack of a better word insanely fast (I am Abomination and the rest of Hellfire album). For speed i think its very close, Hellhammer has the faster kick, but frost has quicker hands.
18.05.2006 - 20:54
Fimbulvetr
Account deleted
IMO the best three drummers in black metal are:1)Hellhammer,2)Frost,3)Horgh(Immortal).Hellhammer is better than the other two for many reasons.His technice is much better than Frost and he is really faster than Frost.Also he has played in many much more bands than Frost bands so he has gathered a lot more experience.IMO Hellhammer finest moment is in the beginning of the song Alone(Arcturus-La Masquerade Infernal).Listen to it,it will blow your mind.

If it means anything to you Frost is going to play drums in the next Gorgoroth album and Hellhammer in the album of Thorns(the band of Snorre)
23.05.2006 - 08:13
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
I have only heard the Arcturus album Sham Mirrors, i liked the drum work, to be honest though i like for the progressive nature of the band, so i guess thats got to say something for helhammers techneque. just on the knowledge it Prog. But i stand by my decision for now. Frost still rules in my mind.
24.05.2006 - 02:06
Trifixion
Account deleted
Definetly Hellhammer. The only work I have from Frost though is 1349's Hellfire album, and he's fantastic but Hellhammer is better. Hellhammer IMO is the best drummer in BM and always has been. He has the speed and technicallity that alot of other drummers can only dream of having. He adds alot of great and complex fills (especially for BM which lacks alot of that) and is just a superb drummer. Listen to his work on Mayhem's Wolf's Lai Abyss EP...
24.05.2006 - 08:53
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
I havnt heard much Mayhem, but i will check it out. I suggest Satyricon's Nemisis Devine to you for a little taste of "slow" frost.
28.05.2006 - 02:07
danzig111
Account deleted
Frost! i am a fan ov Mayhem, and i am not a fan ov 1349.....however Hellhammer is an overrated, boring ass drummer who has no imagination whatsoever.
31.05.2006 - 03:31
akira_20xx

This is a very close contest. The best drummers in black metal. I would say Hellhammer because when he played with The Kovenant he used many weird timing plus every album he plays on he drummers are amazing.
----
Black Is Black...
31.05.2006 - 19:34
_HIV_

both drummers are one of the best in metal ... and the best in BM! but i voted for frost! i just love his speed!
hellhammer is gr8 btw! his latest drumming is amazing!
31.05.2006 - 20:52
danzig111
Account deleted
I don't believe this.....what does everyone see in Hellhammer? i mean i am a fan ov Mayhem......but i seriously fail to see the origionality, creativity and technique the Hellhammer allegedly uses....
02.06.2006 - 20:49
matos

IMO Hellhammer is (a bit) overrated. Come on guys, what is so good about Mayhem drumming ?? Compared to Frost, he stands no chance! ok i admit: the latest Satyricon album has very weak drums, nothing special. But Frost repays it with 1349, where he reminds me of a wild beast. So Frost all the way !

EDIT: oh i haven't read all the posts before (my bad), so i'd just like to say:
Quote:
danzig111
agree 100%
----
07.06.2006 - 21:28
Nightmare^

I prefer Hellhammer, because as I can see from his work in all the band he has played, he is by far the most talented drummer in the Extreme Metal Scene....I'd say one of the best drummers in the world in general...
----
16.06.2006 - 21:26
dark awakening

Both are great, but Hellamer is faster and has more technique.
----
Baptized in a lake of acid tears...
29.06.2006 - 03:40
Surtur

Hellhammer is maybe a legendary drummer because of Mayhem, but sincerely he has no imagination in his drumming, Frost has speed, technique, I don't know who is fastest but Frost has a better timing with the drum maybe because he has more creativity when he plays...
----
" And every angel needs a tear to laugh "
04.07.2006 - 01:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I better like Hellhummer because for me closer are Arcturus from those bands ok Mayhem and Dimmu Borgir too, but Arcturus are great.
Technicaly I think same, but also Frost is great because of satyricon
faster I dunno, maybe friost, hard quasten
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.07.2006 - 05:21
DarkMistress

Written by Nightmare^ on 07.06.2006 at 21:28

I prefer Hellhammer, because as I can see from his work in all the band he has played, he is by far the most talented drummer in the Extreme Metal Scene....I'd say one of the best drummers in the world in general...

i´m agree with him but i don´t think that he´s one of the best drummers in the world
----
Wait in fire
15.08.2006 - 06:36
Thrash666

Hellhammer cause he just pure speed and aggression.
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
11.04.2007 - 09:35
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Frost for me, hes slightly less speedy and skilled than HellHammer, but HellHammers sound starts to annoy me after sitting through an entire album, whereas I love Frosts sound, especially on 1349's "Hellfire"
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
11.04.2007 - 11:27
Baz Anderson

its Frost for me too.. I really dont hear the great attraction with Hellhammer - he is fast but he doesnt drag me in.. wheras the 1349 albums the drumming is just so raw and unrelenting and aggressive.. I love it..
11.04.2007 - 12:36
APOHAKC
The Bard
I'll call Frost, just love him more. Hellhammer is surely great drumer but I saw Frost alive and after hearing that... God.. He is maniac..
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
11.04.2007 - 17:19
Judas
The Amputator
I'm going to have to go for Hellhammer here, I think he can play every bit as fast as Frost can, while adding versatility of style. He is just as comfortable and precise while playing progressive stuff in Winds and Arcturus as playing blastbeats and delivering a general pounding in Mayhem, Dimmu Borgir and Thorns. I'm not saying Frost is bad, he's a very close second, but even though I like Frost's bands more than Hellhammer's, I respect the drumming of the latter that little bit more.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
19.08.2009 - 12:36
Razorback

Both are good,but i voted Hellhammer ,i found him more creative and interesting.
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
19.08.2009 - 14:40
Njord
njord
Hellhammer gets my vote for his work at Arcturus
21.08.2009 - 12:37
Trerot

Same as Njord, Hellhammer's work in Arcturus proves to me that hes among the best.
21.08.2009 - 13:35
dEAthB3D

Written by Guest on 31.05.2006 at 20:52

I don't believe this.....what does everyone see in Hellhammer? i mean i am a fan ov Mayhem......but i seriously fail to see the origionality, creativity and technique the Hellhammer allegedly uses....

what does everyone see in Hellhammer??
he's a very technical drummer man... he has a lot more projects than Hrogh or Frost
well Frost might be fast but Hellhammer owns...
----
the ultimate use of treason is the treacherous use of reason