12. Living Monstrosity
13. Pull The Plug
14. Zombie Ritual
15. Altering The Future
16. Left To Die
17. Spiritual Healing
18. Defensive Personalities
19. Mutilation

Why do I have to review this? First I find the Karmageddon's intentions to release this Zero Tolerance II (after the first crappy Zero Tolerance a few months ago) extremely dodgy. As most know, there's a disagreement between Chuck Schuldiner's family and Hammerheart Records (now Karmageddon Media) over the release of Chuck's album with Control Denied. So, as they don't have any album to release, they gave us first Zero Tolerance, with bad demos of Control Denied, and now Zero Tolerance II, with bad demos of Death. If that's not just to capitalize on the love of Chuck's fans, then tell me what is it?

We have the Death By Metal demo from 1984. That sounds like an old tape the label tried to remaster but obviously they failed. Can you hear the vocals, the drums, the bass? No? Me neither. I only hear what could have been good riffs had they only been properly recorded. Other than that it's just noise. The next five songs are from the Reign Of Terror demo from 1985. You want to know what it's like? Read the above. It's exactly the same, if not even worse. I could have recorded something like that in my toilets for all it's worth. I won't say more about these demos because it makes me sick.

The last seven tracks were recorded live in 1990. Again, this is not a proper recording. It sounds like a bad bootleg. So yeah, there are good tracks here, 'Living Monstrosity', 'Zombie Ritual', 'Spiritual Healing' and stuff, but it's just so badly recorded that it tears my eardrums. No interest.

I'll keep it short: even if you are a die-hard Death fan, you don't need this. You should avoid this Zero Tolerance II like the plague, and just remember Chuck's legacy.

Written by Deadsoulman | 26.08.2004

Comments

Comments: 10   Visited by: 258 users
31.12.2008 - 00:03
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I definitely agree with the fact that it was unethical and downright despicable to capitalize on the death of Chuck. I'd rather download the Death demos than to support these Karmageddon assholes.
31.12.2008 - 01:27
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
This sounds absolutely awful. post mortem compilations are never a good idea. capitalist bastards.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
31.12.2008 - 15:14
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 31.12.2008 at 00:03

I definitely agree with the fact that it was unethical and downright despicable to capitalize on the death of Chuck. I'd rather download the Death demos than to support these Karmageddon assholes.

Actually Chuck's mum tried to capitlize on his death by not allowing the release of the Control Denied album cause she wanted it to be released by a big label, although the recordings belonged to Karmageddon.

I always find it funny how peoplethink they know how it is just by not listening to the facts of the matter.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

31.12.2008 - 15:17
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by LeChron James on 31.12.2008 at 01:27

capitalist bastards.

Calling Karmageddon capitalist bastards is the funniest thing I have read in a long while. This just shows you don't know the label and the people behind it. Hell, Karmageddon and it's owner (of course ex-owner since Plastic Head now releases the Karmageddon/Hammerheart back catalogue) are immensely PRO downloading. You really think that stuff such as this sells a lot? You'd be lucky to sell 2,000 copies at most of these sorts of compilations.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

31.12.2008 - 15:22
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
I think since there is a separate Chuck Schuldiner profile, "Zero Tolerance" and "Zero Tolerance II" should be deleted from Death discography, or vice versa, Chuck Schuldiner profile should be deleted, and this review can moved to Death discography, which I actually think is more reasonable.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
01.01.2009 - 04:50
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 31.12.2008 at 15:17

Written by LeChron James on 31.12.2008 at 01:27

capitalist bastards.

Calling Karmageddon capitalist bastards is the funniest thing I have read in a long while. This just shows you don't know the label and the people behind it. Hell, Karmageddon and it's owner (of course ex-owner since Plastic Head now releases the Karmageddon/Hammerheart back catalogue) are immensely PRO downloading. You really think that stuff such as this sells a lot? You'd be lucky to sell 2,000 copies at most of these sorts of compilations.

theres a difference in being pro downloading and trying to sell something at the expense of a deceased individual. the reason only 2,000 of these things sell is because on top of being a compilation album, its a BAD gimmick to try and persuade hardcore death fans to invest in KVLT merchandise. and if they really are pro-downloading, they'd give this away for free, which is the only price most people would be willing to pay for it.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
06.01.2010 - 09:00
Galar
Wicked Mung
The bottom line is that this is a proper rating for the compilation, and just wait till the new control denied comes out
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
22.02.2020 - 02:26
BloodyWitch
Account deleted
Haha...firstl of all, you don't like the band, second, you mostly like Pink Floyd, Nirvana and stuff like that, and finally, why the hell you came to the metal community to blame a compilation album? Do you like metal at all and Heavy Metal in general? Well, you became maybe a reviewer only for the money that Metal Storm offers and maybe you were angry and you had a bad day while you reviewed this.
22.02.2020 - 05:18
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 22.02.2020 at 02:26

Well, you became maybe a reviewer only for the money that Metal Storm offers...

He would respond here, but he's too busy sailing the seas in his Metal Storm yacht from all that cold hard reviewing cash.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
22.02.2020 - 08:33
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Written by Guest on 22.02.2020 at 02:26

Haha...firstl of all, you don't like the band, second, you mostly like Pink Floyd, Nirvana and stuff like that,

He likes something worse. Modern Day Opeth
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.

Hits total: 8267 | This month: 25